autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Winter GTI cleanup

Ok well winter in Florida just means a day of rain followed by a couple cooler days.

With rain on Thursday, that almost always means a few days of sun. I decided to take Friday off of work to give my own car some TLC for a change. My Collinite 845IW has been holding strong since late November. No big surprise there...LOL. However after washing I did the baggie test and sure enough it was time to clay again. I've kept the swirls under control since joining this site and becoming obsessed.I like Clay Magic a lot so I unwrapped a fresh bar. I marred a couple small areas (mostly painted plastic like bumper and mirrors) but I was able to fix it with my, get ready for this, my Optimum Long Island Iced Tea!!! Most of you know that Optimum's products can be mixed here and there for some homemade products. Well, I was running low on Poli-seal but my buddy gave me a 3-4 oz bottle of Optimum Polish. I dumped that in with the 6 oz or so of OPS that I had left...hmmm, why not add some Opti-seal?? I added 10-12 squirts of OOS to it and shook like crazy for about 5 minutes. The result was fantasic!! I used a 5.5" gray CCS pad. After this cured for a couple hours I followed up with some DGAW. This wasn't a full detail. just a morning with me and my car. Cleaned the inside, wheels, tires, washed, clayed, beefed up AIO and some spray wax.

Some pics for a treat after reading my boring story.

Beading the night before from the 845IW

Quick interior clean. dash, doors, leather etc etc

time to wash

see? 2 month old collinite after plenty of rainy days and 40 miles a day driving through various construction zones and sitting outside all day! still sheets pretty well!

some new clay...This lube is good stuff. helps with sap etc but I marred a little too.

all clean, ready to pull into the garage and clean up the jams etc..used OID+ONRQD MIXED

Now-My Optimum Long Island cocktail!!

all done!

Thanks for looking...Oh yeah before I started this I placed a nice little order while having my coffee....I'll snap a big once big brown drops off my presents!!

Super Member Joshs2013MSAltimaSL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter GTI cleanup

Car looks great, I love GTIs...especially the new ones. What are those tiny white specs in some of the pictures? I thought it was something on my screen, but they're actually in the picture lol.
    Be sure to check out http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-everyone.html. All pictures are welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great man! I agree with ^ him, love, love, love the gti. I came so close to trading my car in for an 05 a few years back, those cars are friggin sweet.

Super Member Joshs2013MSAltimaSL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh...I think it's because I'm watching a movie on my computer and some of the color from the movie is showing on the pictures or something. Nevermind it all haha...car looks awesome! It would be cool to get some people together over in Jacksonville. I'm not sure how close everyone is though.
    Be sure to check out http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-everyone.html. All pictures are welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks yall. Yeah Josh I went back and looked at the pics for some spotting...I don't know.

and yeah it 'd be cool to have more detailers in this area but only a few that i know of.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome looking GTI!!!
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

My man that looks awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

from your avatar picture I always thought you had some like textured hood with hood pins. Now i realized its just your ceiling and lights haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maddenbowler View Post
    from your avatar picture I always thought you had some like textured hood with hood pins. Now i realized its just your ceiling and lights haha
    you're the 2nd person that's said that. There's some sort of term for that in Photography, I just can't remember what it is. Think it's time for a new avatar.

Post Thanks / Like

very nice! remember... you can re-use the clay magic bottle...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast