autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Black BMW 740Li

Post Thanks / Like

Black BMW 740Li

Wash:OPT wash via Karcher foamer, Poweclean on rims-tires-wells
    Correction: several small scratches and some damage to the right lower panel (sorry no pics, they actually came out really well) OHC via rotary w/yellow LC CCS at 1000/1400/1000
    Protection: PS via Cyclo w/green edge pads (paint, glass, jambs, and wheels), OCW via Wagner Control Spray, Best Dressed on tires and wells
    Interior: Pledge Duster, Meg's QID wipedown, Powerclean on a couple door and threshold scuffs, Folex on a couple stains on the left windshield column, OPT carpet cleaner on front mats then steamer followed by Resolve TLC in LGCM, groomed carpet, OPT leather conditioner on all surfaces, Stoner's Glass Wipes on a squeegee followed by a MF buff

Sorry no befores of the interior, I forgot...Thanks for looking!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black BMW 740Li

Looks great, but it looks like the before pictures were lightened or something. Even the background has 10 times the life in the after pictures. Different camera?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dengood1 View Post
    Looks great, but it looks like the before pictures were lightened or something. Even the background has 10 times the life in the after pictures. Different camera?
    I like to keep the house about 62 degrees while I sleep and when I took the camera outside, the lens kept fogging up. It was overcast that morning too and in the afternoon the sun peeked out so they were much better. I was frustrated that the before pics were hazy so I neglected to shoot the horrible sratches on the right lower panel that ran the full length of the rear door and when I was able to get 98% of them out I was really bummed that I had no pics. The befores were at my house with a paved drive and the afters were at the owner's on concrete so the black really shows well. It was rainy all morning, I'm just glad he didn't cancel. Just one of those days, lol.
    Last edited by Chris Thomas; 07-27-2008 at 05:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by integritydetail View Post
    I like to keep the house about 62 degrees while I sleep and when I took the camera outside, the lens kept fogging up. It was overcast that morning too and in the afternoon the sun peeked out so they were much better. I was frustrated that the before pics were hazy so I neglected to shoot the horrible sratches on the right lower panel that ran the full length of the rear door and when I was able to get 98% of them out I was really bummed that I had no pics. The befores were at my house with a paved drive and the afters were at the owner's on concrete so the black really shows well. It was rainy all morning, I'm just glad he didn't cancel. Just one of those days, lol.
    Did you say 62 degrees? I'd be freezing my butt off! Mine is kept at 74-76!

Fogging issue.......that's what I figured. Looks like a different car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dengood1 View Post
    Did you say 62 degrees? I'd be freezing my butt off! Mine is kept at 74-76!

Fogging issue.......that's what I figured. Looks like a different car
    Oh, 62 and a fan for noise, I'm an odd duck I know. I like to sleep under a blanket...
    The owner said that too and she wasn't aware of the pics, hehe. She was very pleased! The 650i convertible I posted the day prior to this one is her husbands.