autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I done a Corvette no dump truck here.

First off I like to think Ed for giving me the opportunity for helping him out on a 03 Corvette. For him and all these guys that are mobile detailers, I don’t see how ya’ll do it. But ya’ll fight it in these entire different environments than what I do. My hat is off to all ya’ll guys. I met up with him off I-85 at the Mall of Georgia then we processed to the owner of the corvette house. The gentleman wanted Zaino.
    I help Ed retrieved equipment from his vehicle and trailer and from my truck. Ed had his water in a tank, as I was looking I noticed he had a water filter system he said he got from AG. So no doubt that was some of the cleanest water it that tank. We got a water sample out and I could not smell any chlorine in it.
    Ed had a game plan. The wash: First off, pressure washed the whole vehicle and used a white ShMITT with soap then rinsed off the soap. Then he pulled out the clay and broke me off some. We had water and soap mix with the ShMitt and started at the top and work our way down with clay. Boy, I tell you what this man is fast. He then dried with the guzzler. He used the same water and soap mix on the wheels with a long handle brush and wheel brush. We started on the inside and I was on the vacuum and he started doing the drivers seat. I was using Folex and wiping the panels down as I went. Ed used DP protectant on all plastic and rubber. He asked me did I have any leather protectant and I handed him a bottle of DG #221. I think he was impressed with the product.
    On to the paint; we went with a mix of Optimun polish and Menz SIP. I started on the back passenger panel with my PC and yellow edge setting 6. He started on top of the vette with PC Cobra yellow pad setting 6. He came over a few times and corrected me on my technique for I was making way to much dust. He also showed me the difference in his polishing and mine. There were places on the hood that the PC could not fix. Ed pulled out the big Boy Dewatt rotary and used 3M extra cut. He then went back over it with Menz SIP. We used OP as our finishing polish using the PC on the entire vehicle.
    I worked on the rims and the door jams with DG #521 then topped it with DG #951. Ed was applying Z 5. I used the cobra miracle towel and wiped off the Z5. Ed was getting up equipment and I finished off the engine, under the fender, and rubber inside the door jam with DG #265. Ed finished off the tires with surf city. All in all I had a awesome time learning so much from him. This guy is a professional and again I do appreciate him giving me the opportunity to work on this Corvette, I had a blast. Ed If I forgot anything on got something backwards please post up…And posts some of your pics, I know they are better than mine….Oh no more dump truck jokes...LOL...

Ready to get busy notice the SunDrop, sorry no mike sells chips...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I done a Corvette no dump truck here.

Were the pics man

Ok, I post a few. I want to thank Sparkie for coming down and working on the '03 Electron Blue C5 corvette. We met up at 9:30 am, chatted for a bit, then headed over to the vette.
    It was a long day, I made him work hard.

Sparkies finished work

Last edited by HighEndDetail; 05-25-2008 at 12:29 PM.
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like

I see two nice truck in the background! LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot one...See my big belly....

Post Thanks / Like

Darn, that Vette looks great. You are both good at what you do. Fun to read and see.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know which is sexier ... Ed with his glove, or you and your crocs. Who kept the tip ??? Just joking, Ed has done some nice work and nice to see him sharing his experiences in a hands-on environment.

Post Thanks / Like

The 2 of you do very nice work!
    Sparkie, what technique did Ed show you to help with the dusting?
    Share away!
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great guys. I should have kown Ed was involved since it involved a vette. Sparky do they have any Vette in SC?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you boys had fun. The Vette is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sword View Post
    Sparky do they have any Vette in SC?
    Nope, no Vette's just John Deere's.
    Last edited by AL417; 05-26-2008 at 06:36 AM.
    "Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sword View Post
    Looks great guys. I should have kown Ed was involved since it involved a vette. Sparky do they have any Vette in SC?
    Gary..they only have Tractors....combines..peanut pickers and dump trucks...lol....plus every one wears a John Deere or Redman chewing tobacoo hat...lol...JK Sparkie...or a Sunny Dew T shirt.....

the vette looks great.... you and Ed did a great job on it..I like the color also....Great Job guys...nice to see people getting together to do a car..makes it a fun day and bonding friendships....

AL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast