autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Porsches, Porsches, Porsches....

There is a local PCA show here next weekend and a few of my clients will be entering their Pcars, both in concours and display, and this beautiful Turbo Speed Yellow will be one in the concours. It really only needed a good washing and I'm guessing that it would of been the one to beat as the owners keeps it spotless but being the anal perfectionist he is he wanted the paint gone over, wheels removed (even though they don't judge that area) and we also opted to remove and replace the paint protection film on the rear quarter panels.

I was in charge of the wheel wells, interior and also some of the last step paint prep.

Ron tackled the polishing work with rotary and dynabrade.

We used Victoria's Concours as our LSP and we'll visit the car once more for a 2nd coat a day or 2 before the show. These are not the complete series of pictures as we will be taking more but for now here are a few.

This is the condition of the wheel wells before. Not too bad eh?

I used Optimum's PowerClean to loosen up the light dirt film then used my steam vapor cleaner to melt away the grime. Klasse AIO was used on the painted areas and Protectant+ to dress the areas out.

Now we don't have any pictures yet of the fully finished Porsche but we have a few "mid" job pictures and here are 2 of them. This stage is the last rotary step and just before the dynabrade step. I hand applied Victoria's cleansing lotion while Ron followed with a hand application of Victoria's Concours.

Next up:

This Guards Red 911 belongs to the brother of the black Turbo owner. He brought it by for us to spruce up as I had just detailed it about 3 months ago. It was given a 2 step polish with the rotary and dynabrade attachment with Optimum 50/50 and FPII.

We then applied 2 coats of Trade Secret paste wax to ensure full coverage. Again this was only an exterior detail with a vacuum and interior wipe down.

Enjoy the pictures,

Pictures from the show.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Porsches, Porsches, Porsches....

In need of heavy paint correction I started on this exterior Wednesday in the early morning. After a No Rinse wash I discovered that some areas have been repainted so I knew this meant the paint would not be your normal soft Porsche paint. Much to my surprise though most of the correction was accomplished using an LC wool with Optimum Polish.

Some tougher areas needed a 50/50 mixture of Hi-Temp Extreme and Optimum Compound and a wool LC pad.

Here is the paint condition prior to the No-Rinse washing.

I don't have a picture of it but even the clear bra had buffer swirls in it. Someone really worked this paint over in all the wrong ways.

After the wool pad correction step I then used a combo of a green medium polishing/cutting pad and a white LC polishing pad with Optimum Polish. Those 2 steps plus all the taping ended my first day pretty much. The next day Ron joined me and together we went about going over the paint with a black finishing pad and OP and then a white finishing pad and FPII.

We took it out into the sun and I was not pleased at all with how the finish was as we had some streaking issues plus some deep random scratches, so back into the shop it went for another round of polish work. I tried getting out the deeper stuff with Meguairs 105 and a wool pad but even that did very little for them so I gave up that pursuit and went about a Cyclo step and then hand rubbing the paint with Victoria's Cleansing Lotion. Ron then applied Opti-Seal to the paint and the interior was given a wipe down and vacuum.

While Ron applied the Opti-Seal I took a rotary to the wheels using an LC white pad with OP. The blades of the wheels were scratched up but that step really cleaned them up well.

The results were great.....even if we still had a few random scratches here and there, which I tried to capture in the AFTER shots but the skies were overcast and even though I kept the car outside for about 20 minutes the sun just wouldn't shine in all its glory.

Here is one BEFORE picture of the rear quarter panel.

Now here is an AFTER shot of the same area but at a different angle, which stinks because I wanted to try and get the same shot.

OK, here's the rest of them.

Some more pictures..........notice here on the better picture of the right rear quarter some of the deeper random scratches still left in the paint. These may have to be wet sanded next time I polish the paint but still a great improvement from the original condition.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures,
    Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

Wow those are some nice cars and great job on making them SHINE!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh the 993, we had a 95' with a built 3.8 n/a. 993 makes the 996/997 boring in comparison, even the turbos are snooze mobiles...put you to sleep driving. 993 is so much more fun and raw.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like

Incredible work Anthony....
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't seen a post from you in a while and I forgot what great work you do, and great cars you get to work on. Outstandingly beautiful cars. Thanks for sharing with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all very much.

I haven't posted up much in terms of pictures and such because I've been very busy and just no time really to take before, during and then after pictures. So I do a few here and there now.

Thanks again,
    Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa! Beautiful work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast