autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I use Brake Buster undiluted in a dedicated foam cannon. I like it for really getting the foam there to work with my wheel brushes. So far, it works on all my situations, but I generally need to follow-up with a dedicated tire cleaner on daily drivers. I've got P&S's dedicated tire cleaner now and I kinda feel it's a bit underwhelming. My favorite was Adam's (assuming it hasn't changed recently). I'd really like to pickup something new just for tires, though.

I haven't tried an APC for wheels/tires. What is a good one?
    I'm assuming you are referring to P&S Undressed? It's ok and gets the job done, nothing more.

I'm also a big fan of Adam's Rubber & Tire Cleaner, if it wasn't so expensive in Australia, I would use it much more. Despite my initial grievances with Carpro ReTyre, I actually really like it now. It is very strong though so I would only use it when required, and the cost vs amount used also counts against it.

I don't use much APC, so my experience with them is limited. I do however like the versatility of Bilt Hamber Surfex and KCx Green Star. I think if there was an APC that would do wheels as well as a dedicated wheel cleaner, it would be Surfex!

2. Likes Klasse Act, chilly, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I use Brake Buster undiluted in a dedicated foam cannon. I like it for really getting the foam there to work with my wheel brushes. So far, it works on all my situations, but I generally need to follow-up with a dedicated tire cleaner on daily drivers. I've got P&S's dedicated tire cleaner now and I kinda feel it's a bit underwhelming. My favorite was Adam's (assuming it hasn't changed recently). I'd really like to pickup something new just for tires, though.

I haven't tried an APC for wheels/tires. What is a good one?
    Bilt Hamber Surfex HD. I have it mixed at 10:1 and 5:1. Side note - I apply it via an IK foamer. To me, the extra dwell time foam gives you makes a difference. You will, however, use more product when used this way

4. Thanks Azure thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This weeks Wheel Wednesday, the STYLE 5071 19-inch items on the Jaaaaaaaaaaaaag......................

The wheels are not ceramic coated, just regular applications of Carpro Hydr02. These particular Dunlop tires look good with just about any dressing, but I typically use OG Tire Dressing on this car.

With 225/40/R19 on the front and 255/35/R19 on the rear, this car has more tire than the 200 hp Ecoboost engine actually needs. The byproduct of that is superb grip and traction, a complete contrast to the on-the-edge feel of my Mustang and XR8.

6. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, chilly, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Joined the movement for Wheel Wednesday - Did a quick Frothe wash of the wheels during my lunch break. Should have brought more towels (used 2 16x24's) but it's still a 95% improvement.

Shoulda grabbed pictures, but it was very much a run and gun!

8. Likes chilly, DFB, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I cleaned the FJ's wheels with Bowden's Wheely Clean, wiped them over with Carpro Eraser, and then coated them all with Collinite 845. I even did the spare, although that didn't need the first step. I didn't put anything on the tyres, we're expecting some decent rain tonight.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

10. Likes chilly, DFB, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This week, the dreaded Performance Pack Wheels..........................

I drove myself insane for 4 years attempting to keep these things clean, using a large assortment of brushes to do it properly!

But wait, there is actually something worse than cleaning PP1 wheels..................................polishing them!

I will admit though, when clean they looked stunning and really suited the car!

12. Likes Big Dave, BudgetPlan1, Dirty Harry, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    This week, the dreaded Performance Pack Wheels..........................

I drove myself insane for 4 years attempting to keep these things clean, using a large assortment of brushes to do it properly!

But wait, there is actually something worse than cleaning PP1 wheels..................................polishing them!

I will admit though, when clean they looked stunning and really suited the car!

Wait...where's the other rims, did I miss something Wheel Wednesday!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Wait...where's the other rims, did I miss something Wheel Wednesday!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    You haven't missed anything, the HP wheels are still present and correct...............

I'm featuring the various wheels I've had a chance to mess with over the years, the PP1 wheels were next on my list.

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, oneheadlite, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In honor of all the work I put into them recently, this weeks edition of Wheel Wednesday features the magnificent FG XR Y-Spoke or Snowflake wheels.

A couple of weeks ago, I gave this set of wheels a full decontamination, then polished and ceramic coated them with Armor Detail Supply Wheel Coating.

For the most part, these wheels are very easy to clean. Typically, I use a soft synthetic brush for lugs, a Microfiber Madness Incredibrush Flat for barrels, an EZ-Detail brush to get behind the front calipers, and a TRC Ultra Wheel Mitt for the wheel face.

The tyres on the other hand are a different story, with these particular Michelin's resisting most tyre cleaners. Tarminator on the other hand gets the job done!

The flipside to that is they look good with just about any tyre dressing, although my favorites on these being OG Tire Dressing, Angelwax Elixir and KCx Plast Star.

17. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, BudgetPlan1, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave the Qashqai's wheels a tidy up, just a wipe over with Ech2o as they weren't too bad. I put some Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing on the tyres while I was at it.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

19. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast