autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Three (machine applied) coats of Turtle Wax HS Ceramic/Graphene Paste Wax

Not too shabby for 166,200 miles and 11 years old.

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

2. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three (machine applied) coats of Turtle Wax HS Ceramic/Graphene Paste Wax

Not to shabby at all! Looks great!!
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

4. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Likes Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    Not too shabby for 166,200 miles and 11 years old.

How did you get the wax onto the pad for machine polishing Three (machine applied) coats of Turtle Wax HS Ceramic/Graphene Paste Wax

Car does look good for those miles/age, a real DD with REAL world results Three (machine applied) coats of Turtle Wax HS Ceramic/Graphene Paste WaxThree (machine applied) coats of Turtle Wax HS Ceramic/Graphene Paste Wax

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    How did you get the wax onto the pad for machine polishing Three (machine applied) coats of Turtle Wax HS Ceramic/Graphene Paste Wax

Car does look good for those miles/age, a real DD with REAL world results Three (machine applied) coats of Turtle Wax HS Ceramic/Graphene Paste WaxThree (machine applied) coats of Turtle Wax HS Ceramic/Graphene Paste Wax

I used a cheap, plastic putty knife (one of a 4-pack of different sizes) I picked up at the hardware store. I chose plastic since it SHOULD gentler on the pad. Just LIGHTLY scrape off a SMALL amount of the paste wax, and apply it to the pad like you're buttering bread.

I've applied 5 coats of it so far, 3 on the Camaro, and 2 on the wife's car (the REAL test) since it's driven more now and stays outside 24/7, and hardly TOUCHED the amount of wax in the jar.

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

7. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Prange, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like you'd use too much but this is coming from someone who'd never ever use a machine to apply wax to a car, lots of putting down the machine, grabbing the machine to apply more, then using the machine...wash, rinse, repeat you knowThree (machine applied) coats of Turtle Wax HS Ceramic/Graphene Paste Wax

I mean if you don't mind that's all that mattersThree (machine applied) coats of Turtle Wax HS Ceramic/Graphene Paste Wax

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the putty knife method for at least 15 years now. It enables me to put down a thinner, more consistent layer. And it's much faster and easier on these old joints.

You'd be surprised on how many square feet you can cover without applying more product to the pad. I can easily cover the hood of a full size car without adding more product. If you touch the pad to a side window, you'll see if there's still product on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post
    I've been using the putty knife method for at least 15 years now. It enables me to put down a thinner, more consistent layer. And it's much faster and easier on these old joints.

You'd be surprised on how many square feet you can cover without applying more product to the pad. I can easily cover the hood of a full size car without adding more product. If you touch the pad to a side window, you'll see if there's still product on it.
    I'm sure you can spread it out better, plus you get to use a power toolThree (machine applied) coats of Turtle Wax HS Ceramic/Graphene Paste Wax

11. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Seems like you'd use too much but this is coming from someone who'd never ever use a machine to apply wax to a car, lots of putting down the machine, grabbing the machine to apply more, then using the machine...wash, rinse, repeat you knowThree (machine applied) coats of Turtle Wax HS Ceramic/Graphene Paste Wax

I mean if you don't mind that's all that mattersThree (machine applied) coats of Turtle Wax HS Ceramic/Graphene Paste Wax

ONE LIGHT application of wax with the putty knife (think of a bead of wax 1/8" wide, by 1/8" deep, by 2" long) spread THINLY over the pad with the knife, WILL cover the entire hood of the Camaro or the ROOF of my Wife's Escape (plus some). And slightly less will cover an entire SIDE of either car, the front/rear truck or hatchback, AND all the windows. So really, you are only applying the wax to the pad THREE times. This Hybrid Solutions Ceramic/Graphene Paste Wax SPREADS FOREVER, and even if it is barely visible when applied, give it a few minutes to "set up," and it's perfectly clear that the painted surfaces are ALL well covered. I highly doubt that you could get it to spread THAT far by hand. I only 'eyeballed' the can, but I'm quite sure the level of the wax has only dropped about 3/16" from when it was first opened, and that's after 5 coats applied to two cars.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

13. Likes Klasse Act, Prange liked this post