autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see you pressure washing station/setup or work in progres.

I have the Active 2.0 and I'm in the process of making a station. Just ordered a stainless shelf and Cox reel. Just at the patch and paint stage now. I ripped out a built in work bench that came with the house a while back.
    One of these pictures is what I'm planing on doing. Minus the CR DI setup. Maybe one day. I know a few of you have some setup's so show them off here
    Let's see you pressure washing station/setup or work in progres.-pressure-station-jpg

2. Likes BudgetPlan1, opie, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's see you pressure washing station/setup or work in progres.

The following was 3 years in the making, and six months of homing in on the specifics. I say 3 years because if I knew what I know now, I would have done a wall mount instead of a mobile unit when replacing my old Karcher K2. But I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about all this stuff and being creative with how I wanted it to look and function. (Yes, I know how something looks doesn't always have a lot to do with functional performance, but I'm a visual person and if you think about it, I wouldn't be detailing cars if I wasn't concerned about how something looks.)

Three years ago, I bought a Kranzle K1152 (K1122) and its been an absolute tank! I didn't want to go back on performance, so choosing another Kranzle was a natural one. This particular model is the KHD10/122, which actually flows more than the OG-only K1322, and the K1622. I also went with a Cox Reel, MTM hoses and fittings and a stainless steel shelf. I already had Mosmatic gun, wand and nozzles, so these transferred over.

The wall I chose already had a Mosmatic wand holder installed, so this was the natural location for the setup. First job was to paint the wall to provide a clean backdrop.

This is a solid pre-cast concrete wall, but I didn't want to install directly to this. I decided to use a stainless-steel kitchen backsplash panel I bought at the hardware store. I then laid out the setup, measuring and marking the location for the mounting holes. This sheet then became the template for drilling into the wall, but its obviously also there for aesthetic purposes.

Installation of shelf, machine and reel..........

I then drilled and secured the machine to the shelf using anti-vibration clamps, same for the whip line................

The braided stainless-steel hose was a bit of trial and error, but one of the more satisfying elements for some reason. I ended up ordering 3 different lengths to allow me some leeway in fitment. This is the longest 600mm version...............

Probably the hardest part of the project was getting tradesmen to turn up, I could have finished the install 4 months ago otherwise. I needed both water and power added to this location, the plumber came first and at least allowed me to start with the installation. After being di.ked around by the electrician, I ended up calling someone else. The 15-amp power point was installed just last week and was the final piece of the puzzle.

In my case, I don't need a DI system, so I saved some money and time in that regard. Having said that, I don't dare add up how much this all cost me.

As I mentioned, this was an enjoyable project that I'm super happy with the end result. Even just looking at it makes me smile, and the functionality is brilliant.

4. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes John U, opie, PaulMys, Prange, SNP209 and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it DFB!!! What size JUMPER did you go with? I'm thinking I need a 3 foot.

6. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DFB, it doesn’t get any better. Outstanding work.

8. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my setup, little bit more humble, but a 10x upgrade from what I had before.

Active VE52 pressure washer
    CR Spotless with downtube conversion
    MTM pressure washer gun
    Griots BOSS foam gun
    Northern Tool reel
    Flexzilla pressure washer hose
    Flexzilla jumper hose
    Shutoff valve on the braided input hose

10. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Love it DFB!!! What size JUMPER did you go with? I'm thinking I need a 3 foot.
    I used a 3 foot jumper hose. If you go with the 1.5 foot, it ends up looking a bit goofy.

One thing I would recommend, and something that will help with jumper hose length, is to make sure the gap between the reel and shelf is nice and tight..............within reason though.

You still want to be able to turn the handle without clouting your hands on the shelf, but keeping the reel tucked under the shelf makes for a cleaner looking install. Some examples I looked at in the research stages that had too much gap didn't look as clean. Keeping the layout nice and tight will also mean the 3 foot jumper hose will be more than sufficient.

I didn't make a specific set of measurements for this initially, I just mocked it up on the bench until I was happy, then made measurements to suit.

12. Thanks Prange, DanaDetailingPros thanked for this post
    Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407]Autogeekonline mobile app[/url

Had to have 1 before shot.lol Lots of work to do.

14. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Prange, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting to take shapeLet's see you pressure washing station/setup or work in progres.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

16. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post

Starting to take shapeLet's see you pressure washing station/setup or work in progres.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I was just about to ask if you were going to paint the PVC pipes, only to see you were ahead of me. Love the blue!

18. Thanks DanaDetailingPros, Prange thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some very nice setups. I was just looking at some CR spotless water systems yesterday. I actually was about to start a thread about it.

I have many cars (6 mustangs and 2 daily drivers) and usually would wash them at a self carwash then finish it off at my shop.

My question is, can I purchase a CR spotless water system and just move it outside my shop when I want to wash a car? I have a water spigot outside.

Most of the time I use detail spray, but that doesn't work great on daily drivers, and I'd rather skip the self serve carwash and people when I can Let's see you pressure washing station/setup or work in progres..

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast