autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's see you pressure washing station/setup or work in progres.

Some great explanations on wall-mount options in this video -

2. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Prange, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the Mosmatic wand and gun just to see....

I still prefer my 12+ years old MTM gun. Without doing a full deep dive, the MTM is more linear vs the Mosmatic is more -press down to engage, and the trigger pull spring is more direct on/off- relative.

The wand. Did not see any COO offerings. The plastic on the handle part arrived with a slight chip in in.

The Mosmatic order is being returned but I don't see what the rage on Mosmatic is all about.

Post Thanks / Like

Love my MTM SGS35 and use it with my new favorite ESSENTIAL WASHER 12" wand (Amazon $20) Just the perfect size!
    I use to use the Hamel flexible wand as my go to and now the MTM 20" for trucks and higher vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    I ordered the Mosmatic wand and gun just to see....

I still prefer my 12+ years old MTM gun. Without doing a full deep dive, the MTM is more linear vs the Mosmatic is more -press down to engage, and the trigger pull spring is more direct on/off- relative.

The wand. Did not see any COO offerings. The plastic on the handle part arrived with a slight chip in in.

The Mosmatic order is being returned but I don't see what the rage on Mosmatic is all about.
    It depends on what it is. I've ran Mosmatic and MTM items back to back, the differences between are somewhat subjective.

The SGS28 and OG Mosmatic look relatively similar, the differences between both are minor. As mentioned, the MTM has a progressive trigger action, the Mosmatic is basically an on-off switch. That aspect caught me out to begin with, but prefer the more positive feel of the Mosmatic now. I also like the neater integration of the swivel into the body of the sprayer.

For wands, I think this is a more definitive verdict. I never liked the MTM version, it being unbalanced and less comfortable to hold than the Mosmatic. The stupid rubber boot on the MTM is basically useless as the nozzle protrudes beyond it. The Mosmatic has none, the nozzle itself provides that rubber protector.

Fittings and connections, previously I would have said the Mosmatic items have a nicer "snick" to them. However, the new US-made Prima fittings from MTM have bridged the gap, looking and feeling much nicer than the Chinese-made versions.

I guess it comes down to budget and personal preferences. Nothing wrong with either brand, both produce similar products, both are fantastic upgrades over an OE setup.

Post Thanks / Like

Personal preference indeed like care shampoo selection, LSP. I already mentioned it in this thread but my preferred lance/wance is the same/similar style they use at coin ops with the rubber bellows in he middle for flex. I have a few lances but I always grab the rubber bellows variant.

The rubber head on the Mosmatic wand or how they intend to have it on for me doesn't make sense. On top if there is a coupler. Every time, whether I put a foam cannon, or switch a tip, the rubber head is in the -way- of my uncoupling the disconnect.

Everything else in where the detailing retail industry has new products like the Stubby Nozzle Setup, Stubby Gun, etc - all this has universally existed decades ago in the professional pressure washing industry in the world of a standard 1/4 Female Plug, with a 1/4 nozzle insert of choice. I use the Suttner Nozzle Guards on all of mine, mainly as it's Red and Easy to Spot.

Post Thanks / Like

DFB -

What's your take on the smooth Ring on those Veloci's.

I prefer the heavy grit knurling.
    When new, all disconnects are pretty fluid.
    It does help to lube them up every now and then.

But when the plugs, etc get a bit janky and it becomes a bit of a bear to disconnect or connect, the knurling helps to get a grip on the collar to pull it down to connect/disconnect.
    Usually when it reaches this stage, I treat it like a Phillips Bit, etc. It's a consumable that just needs to be replaced.
    The Veloci's look very clean looking but practicality, I dunno.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234