autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A farewell detail

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Im guessing this poser talk was from my comment about jdgoldens new hood.

It was to be takin as a joke. I would expect the same in return.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    I honestly don't know what you're referring to opie.

My comment was in reference to people that try to "upbadge" cars and try to pass them off as higher end models. It's really common around here with BMWs slapping a M3 badge on a 328i or Infiniti G37s with GT-R badges, like c'mon man who are you trying to fool lol. I'm completely fine with taking parts from higher trim models and installing them on lower trim models but once you try to advertise it as the real thing that is where I draw the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    I honestly don't know what you're referring to opie.

My comment was in reference to people that try to "upbadge" cars and try to pass them off as higher end models. It's really common around here with BMWs slapping a M3 badge on a 328i or Infiniti G37s with GT-R badges, like c'mon man who are you trying to fool lol. I'm completely fine with taking parts from higher trim models and installing them on lower trim models but once you try to advertise it as the real thing that is where I draw the line.
    My mistake man.

I happened to just catch the last couple comments and seen about "poser" and i jumped the gun so to speak.

And it was 98cayanneTA's pics i called him a poser jokingly, cuz he installed a ws6 looking hood on his transam

3. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    My mistake man.

I happened to just catch the last couple comments and seen about "poser" and i jumped the gun so to speak.

And it was 98cayanneTA's pics i called him a poser jokingly, cuz he installed a ws6 looking hood on his transam

No worries

Back on topic, so yeah oneheadlite I think the S6 wheels as your summer set is a definite go

5. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, whew - glad we got that all sorted out. Sorry, my poseur comment was generated by and aimed at myself; glad we’re all using it lightheartedly here though. .

SNP - that’s exactly the kind of thing I was thinking with the M badges on a non-M (I work mainly on BMW’s so I’ve seen my fair share of “oh, come on…” cars).

I think S6 wheels for the summer is gonna be the way to go. The wheels that the car came with, while originally not anything that blew me away, have grown on me; but I think the S6 wheels edge them out condition and style wise.

Works out too as far as mounting and balancing goes. Run the last of the rubber off the S6 wheels; mount the snows on the stock wheels and set aside the summer rubber to go on the S6 wheels once they’re due.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123