autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Definition of Clean: '06 GTO 6.0L

New owner, less then 15 days. Guy finds out about me from a friend of a friend and has me detail his car. Its a Torrid Red GTO, '06, 6.0L, slick car! My first impression of the car was that it was going to be DIFFICULT to detail since swirls are SO easy to hide. During the detail I also came to find out the paint had no metal flake, sucks! But it was still a very "POP" type of color.

Started out with my favorite product Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo. The usual, two bucket method, microfiber wash cloth and dried with a Meguiar's Microfiber Towel. Then went over it with a yellow clay-bar (Mother's) and these are the results..

You get the point. The whole car was a mess! The color was bright but I knew the swirls were deeming it down just a bit. I slapped on a LCC Orange Pad and went with Menzerna Super Intensive Polish. I had GREAT results with it on the '05 MBM GTO so I knew it would be GREAT with this car!

Have I said enough how much I LOVE Menzerna Products? Oh yes, I love them!! Sure they're a VERY finicky product. Sometimes they love lots of passes, broken down to the point of drying, sometimes they'll start micro-marring after the first two passes, sometimes they just wont do anything.. but when you get the right combination on the right car.. the results are SPECTACULAR!

Some very MINOR hazing..

Happy with the results I switched over to a White LCC Pad and went over the car with the Menzerna Nano Polish. It broke down quickly and left the car squeeky (LITERALLY!) clean. It really brought a lot more depth to the color.

I have to get a new camera. This stupid thing is having a hard time taking pictures of a shiny car with all the reflectiveness. Hahah!

All of a sudden I started noticing TONS of hues of oranges, yellows, pinks in the color. It was great! Just walking around it would give you such a sensory rush!

The sun finally decided to show up so I rolled it outside and snapped a few quick shots.

Then it was gone.. sad.

Then the batteries in my camera decided to die.. Ha! Finished the car off with a LCC Gray Finishing Pad and JetSeal109. Durability is a must since these cars aren't going to see any type of care for a while. Then with another Gray Finishing Pad I applied a layer of XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze. The car looked great! Applied some P21S Carnuba Wax over that and it was ready to go.
    Last edited by My Car is Clean; 04-22-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Definition of Clean: '06 GTO 6.0L

Looks wet! What was your LSP?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Definition of Clean: '06 GTO 6.0L

Edited the first post.

JetSeal109
    XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze
    P21S Carnuba
    Great combo!