autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Coat - 6 months

Original CC going strong after weekly washes with Reset. I topped with Ech20. I did a pre-soak with Lift just to try it.

Can Coat - 6 months - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can Coat - 6 months

Can Coat is the real deal.

I don't use it myself, but I have recommended it to a few customers at the dealership I work for and they have all said how impressed they are with it.

Mike (The Guz) has been touting it since it came out, and I respect his opinion highly.

See? I don't use coatings, but I do read all the threads.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes CleanIT, Bruno Soares, dgage, opie, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It should easily last another 6 months. Periodically throw some Gyeon Cure or Ceramic Detailer on there and it might last even longer depending on your weather/environment. I've not gone past 12 months personally.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

5. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the videos you shot after you washed (and pre-washed), and topped with Ech2o...or before?

7. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question and I should have specified. Those videos were after a wash with Reset so that is just Can Coat that you're seeing. I added Ech20 after car was dry to boost gloss a bit.

The beading would have been even better had I not washed it so much. I also tried Lift as a pre-soak a few times.

9. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved it on my bike. I did my bike in CanCoat almost 2 years ago, and put about 40k miles on the bike through all kinds of weather, dirt, dust, bugs, etc.

It did great, and while easy to apply, you have to be ready to move once you put on a surface. No doddling!!!

I recently restored a '99 Honda Shadow sealed it in CanCoat afterward. Topped with ECH2O it turned out amazing.

I recently corrected my Harley again and went with PA's Cosmic V2 Glass Coat with PA's High Gloss as a topper.....the High Gloss can be used at each wash if you wanted, and the reflective quality is pretty remarkable, but I'll be honest, I've used ECH20 to wash, and diluted to detail..... when I buff it out, it leaves a comparable shine on top of the Glass Coat and High Gloss....i'll be curious as to how well the new coating holds up vs. CanCoat....i will surely put it to the test

11. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Can Coat is the real deal.

I don't use it myself, but I have recommended it to a few customers at the dealership I work for and they have all said how impressed they are with it.

Mike (The Guz) has been touting it since it came out, and I respect his opinion highly.

See? I don't use coatings, but I do read all the threads.
    "Mike (The Guz) has been touting it since it came out."

That's what she said! I'm sure he has! Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm applying cancoat in a few weeks. Do you guys use 2 coats? I think i will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I'm applying cancoat in a few weeks. Do you guys use 2 coats? I think i will.
    You can do that to ensure even coverage. You'll love it. I use it over top of the polish, GYEON Primer, which lays down a base-coat of SiO2 as well. I find it not only helps in application of CC but no doubt helps it all last longer. I use CC on a number of customer vehicles and on my own and it will easily go 12 months+ if taken care of well.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

15. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes noorth, dgage liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    You can do that to ensure even coverage. You'll love it. I use it over top of the polish, GYEON Primer, which lays down a base-coat of SiO2 as well. I find it not only helps in application of CC but no doubt helps it all last longer. I use CC on a number of customer vehicles and on my own and it will easily go 12 months+ if taken care of well.
    I watched sandro's new video on cancoat and he illustrated a clear difference between 1 coat and 2 coats of cancoat. I'm a 1-layer type guy but that video and the fact you get some much cancoat, i'm going to apply 2 coats. Its also a quick process!

Yeah i have primer, its my favorite polish to work with. Lovely smooth wipeoff! I'll be doing some light cutting with something like labocosmetica leale or 3D one and following up with primer - should just go back to my fav sonax polishes but i like to use up some stuff. I have never used leale yet. Interesting product description. I have sticky paint.

Here's a quote:

#LEALE is an innovative and sophisticated medium abrasive polish. With a water-based and silicon-free formula, it contains synthetic abrasives able to act on all surfaces, including delicate surfaces such as tacky, reflow and extra-soft paints that are every detailer’s nightmare."

Are all abrasives these days synthetic i wonder? I thought sonax mined their abrasives...

17. Likes dgage liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast