autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Lexus GS-FSport Get Re-Done in CarPro SiC - Pure Black Goodness Inside

So Ceramic Saturday marks vehicle 2 of 2 completed. This one further proves Black is awesome when done right. It's a 2019 Lexus GS-350 AWD with the F-Sport Package. Finished in Obsidian Black (Pure Black) with a gorgeous Rioja Red Leather with Scored Aluminum Trim.

I corrected and coated this vehicle with CarPro SiC 18 months ago and while it was in pretty good shape, two winters and usage did mean it was time for another round. Very typical of Ohio daily drivers. The goal was to restore it to 2019 condition and clean up the interior as well. Pics of the inside are yet to come but for now, enjoy the beauty of a nicely corrected black vehicle.

Polished with a Flex 3401, White L.C. Hybrid Force Pads and CarPro Essence. Then sealed up with CarPro SiC as the coating.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes Bruno Soares, SNP209, dgage, lane5515, CleanIT and 5 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Lexus GS-FSport Get Re-Done in CarPro SiC - Pure Black Goodness Inside

And another gets knocked outta the park!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

4. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, another great job!

What are your thoughts on SIC? Did you every use the predecessor product, TiO2? How about how SIC compares to the Mohs EVO you just used on that Audi?

I'm pretty happy with CQUK 3.0 and Pure EVO, but love to hear comparisons for those who try other stuff.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Yep, another great job!

What are your thoughts on SIC? Did you ever use the predecessor product, TiO2? How about how SIC compares to the Mohs EVO you just used on that Audi?

I'm pretty happy with CQUK 3.0 and Pure EVO, but I love to hear comparisons for those who try other stuff.
    Thanks for the kind words. SiC......I like it. How it compares to Mohs EVO, right now, I can only compare short-term as this is the first season I've used the new GYEON products. I will have more to say over the coming months as I re-did my son's Corolla prior to him leaving back to college where it sits outside 24x7 still. Half of it was done in SiC the other with Mohs EVO.

Short term, they are both easy to use and solid products. SiC has the edge in ease of use as it's more forgiving in terms of wipe-off time. You can do nearly a whole fender or half of a large door and it's still super easy to remove with no issues. Mohs flashes SUPER FAST. It Sweats vs rainbows but I call both "flashing" but it's very reactive and makes you work in smaller sections faster. Not difficult to do, just different.

Mohs is slicker in end-feel once cured. SiC is still slick but not quite so much as Mohs. In terms of why I use Mohs more, I do feel based on experience with the GYEON products that it's a step upwards in quality even though maybe not by much. I've had great success and durability with both but I position Mohs as a higher-end product.

I market my coatings as follows:
    • CanCoat
    • UK 3.0
    • SiC
    • UK 3.0 Topped with SiC
    • Mohs EVO or PURE EVO similar, but I find PURE looks better on dark colors, Mohs on lighter ones. If you liked TiO2 then you'll like the results of Mohs EVO
    • Syncro (Mohs topped with Skin)
    • Then I also offer 2 layers of Mohs and upwards from there layering in Skin for a full 3 layer coating

My wife's car is nearly into year 3 with UK 3.0 topped with SiC and it's performing like day 1 still. Her car is garaged.
    Both my son's car and This Lexus shown originally had UK 3.0 and both lasted about 18 months and both sit outside 24x7

Hope the above helps in your decisions. Just my feedback from doing loads of cars with various coatings.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

7. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't beat black when done right and you done it right.

9. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post