autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 140 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4090130131132133134135136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1414

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    This popped up in my feed, I have to say I'm not a fan of the styling of either car, inside or out.

Also, don't look too closely at picture 39, why would they think that is a good shot.

Access to this page has been denied

Edit: It says access denied, but the link still seemed to work.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Those look like sanding marks or rotary holograms in pic 39.

Of all of the recent BMW's, only the previous gen M2 even remotely interests me. The current model M2 is hideous, and apart from the current 8-Series, the whole BMW lineup lacks styling finesse. The Ultimate Driving Machine moniker no longer applies either, to busy trying to appease certain markets that want soft ride qaulity and bigger back seats.

2. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering I have more Victa's in my care than an actual dealer would carry in stock, I decided I wanted a sign to hang on my garage wall. This is how my order showed up........................

I guess it looks more shabby chic now?

The way it was creased was very deliberate, like it was sent like that, or someone in Australia Post though such an action was appropriate despite the package wrapped with "FRAGILE" tape.

The vendor is making me a new one, but just wish people (Aust Post) would be honest when they screw up. Perhaps I'm just too naive for my own good.

4. Likes Big Dave, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That brings back some memories, packing parts at my last job, engine gasket kits and window rain visor sets were the worst for getting bent or snapped. We started keeping the cardboard that came off of roof top tent installs, cutting it to size for whatever we were sending out, it was really strong stuff, but I'm sure they just saw it as an extra challenge. Like these guys though, if someone said it arrived damaged, no questions, just send out a replacement, and pack it really well.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

6. Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally deliberate!

8. Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The age old conundrum of whether Fragile also means Do Not Bend.

10. Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The first of two Knipex tools I ordered, and my first interaction with this brand.

Knipex 31 15 160 Flat Nose Pliers -

Knipex 31 15 160 Flat Nose Pliers (Needle-Nose Pliers) Chrome Plated with Multi-Component Grips, 160 mm : Amazon.com.au: Home Improvement

Initial impressions are of quality, the soft touch handles in particular.

12. Likes Big Dave, Azure, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well....................................

14. Likes Big Dave, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The first of two Knipex tools I ordered, and my first interaction with this brand.

Knipex 31 15 160 Flat Nose Pliers -

Initial impressions are of quality, the soft touch handles in particular.
    Oooh, you're gonna like them. Knipex makes really good stuff, I recommend it to techs here all the time. Knipex are the sidecutters I use on my snap-on sidecutters when I want to get them warrantied. (but seriously though - 250mm straight side cutters will clip the tip off the snap on one with nary a nick on the Knipex).

Knipex Link I've had a pair of these since I started wrenching in 01. Would recommend.

Also highly recommend the Cobra or Alligator pliers (depending on your preference for a locking slide mechanism or a free sliding) if you do much Adjustable Pliers work. The teeth are cut like that of pipe wrenches so they dig in to what you're reefing on - I've had frozen tie rods where you squeeze both handles until the teeth dig in, then you could just push on the back of it they bit so hard.

And last one is just a PSA for anyone that does any kind of mechanical work - get yourself a flush cutter (I think I have this one at the moment - Knipex Link ) for trimming zip ties perfectly flush - no more sharpened tips to render blood (Personal pet peeve as a mechanic).

16. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you buy the Comfort Grips cause you like them or you thought it was a upgrade since it said comfort

I hated my Comfort Grips....eventually sold most of them (still have a few floating) and all my Knipex is just regular dipped.
    They are way too bulky and are not ergonomic at all. YMMV though

Post Thanks / Like

I've got all the Cobras and Flats including the Unicorn Offset Handle Flats

Can't teach a dog new tricks. For me, it works in certain situations, but more often then not, I'm grabbing my old a## channel locks or my now preferred =Top Work Adjustable Wrench=
    I get the whole single handle locking teeth on the Knipex.....but workflow wise, which is not me schleppin a tool everyday but I am a tool #####....not a fan of both...

Page 140 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4090130131132133134135136137138139140141142 LastLast