autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 138 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3888128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1414

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

On the agenda today, the Ranger was in line for a wash. Despite it raining last week, the car was remarkably clean with little to no road film. This is where having a ceramic coating on a daily driver makes a lot of sense. Even still, I wanted it fully clean to start my week, and to use a new product...............

P&S Frostbite was only released in the USA this time last week, and yet it's already on sale in Australia, so I'm one of the first customers to use it. This is a high foaming mild alkaline soap that can be used as a foaming pre-wash or in a bucket. The scent is quite unlike any other soap I have used, a distinctive "Eucalyptus Mint Green Tea" mashup.

In this case, I used Frostbite on the Ranger as it a bit of deeper cleanse, the first since the Gyeon Pure EVO coating was applied late last year. Unlike P&S's other soaps such as the excellent Radiance or the terrible Pearl, Frostbite foams like a champ at the suggested 10:1 ratio. It's pleasingly slick and rinses well. Considering the higher pH, I wouldn't use this every wash, but for dealing with tougher road grime or as a periodic coating decon wash, its a solid offering.

I also had a chance to try DIY Detail Waterless wash.

I tend to use waterless wash products for wiping down door jambs and engine bays, along with wiping down the outside of the Ranger's tray. The scent is amazing if a little strong, but it's an otherwise excellent product with high lubrication.

And after an extended slumber, I fired up the XR8 for some exercise today. I wish I had more time and motivation to get this car out more often, but at least when I do, it's a special occasion.

After letting the car cool down while washing the Ranger, I decided to give the XR8 rinse-less wash before putting it back to bed. I started by washing the wheels as I normally would, Brake Buster for the tyres and foamed NV Snow for the wheels. I then moved the car back into the garage for the rinse-less wash using P&S Absolute, Clean Maker the drying aid.

2. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, Prange, chilly, Azure and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spare parts for the Kranzle arrived today.

The check valve kit I will keep for stock, the pressure gauge will be installed to replace the non-operative original.

I have also ordered a bottle of Briggs & Stratton Pump Saver, which should prevent damage to pistons and seals for long term storage or infrequent use.

Briggs & Stratton Pump Saver™
    – Power Mowers

4. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The XR6 surfaces again after more than two months.

Back in 2008, after I first took my grandmother for a ride in this car for the first time, from then on she called it the "Blue Rocket". Despite being only the naturally aspirated version, the XR6 would have been the most powerful car she had ever ridden in. And no, I wasn't bouncing the rev limiter of my brand-new car with my 85-year-old grandmother in the passenger seat.

Every time I get back into this car, it feels like home. I actually had a light bulb moment driving out of the storage compound, this car is so delightfully simple. Compared to the Mustang or Jaguar, other than selecting Performance Mode on the gearbox, there's no starter button, no mode buttons to press, no modes to set for the steering or throttle response, no beeping reverse sensors, no seat warmers, no multi-colour instrument illumination, no auto-stop-start, no paddle shifters, no fancy gear selector, no layer after layer of screen menu's, no Bluetooth or audio streaming............................

Are those missing features missed? Maybe, I would have loved for Ford to have included shift paddles and rev matching for the FG, and I probably should have paid the $450 for the Tech Pack that brought Bluetooth and audio connectivity to the table. However, it's refreshing to step back in time and just drive the car without fiddling with modes and buttons. Just put the key in the ignition, turn to start the engine and then select drive. Simple.

6. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, Azure, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just emailed my salesman about my S650 order. I have to say, as it stands I'm actually getting quite depressed about the whole situation. Delay after delay is getting old and I really don't know what to do now.

I placed the order in September 2022 knowing full well that it was going to be a long wait. But two years is ridiculous for what is a mass-produced Ford. Apparently my car was to be made in early April 2024, but its been suggested that has been pushed out to June.

My problem is, the S650 is now two years old in the USA, so I will either end up with a superseded model at full retail price (these cars are basically $100,000 now), or Ford will hold all Australian deliveries back until an updated model arrives, in which case the whole process starts again, so another two years?

Two years ago, I wasn't ready for a new car, but I knew I would be by the time late 2023 rolled around, the original expected deliveries. But I can't help but feeling as if I am wasting time on a car that may not be the "new" model, let alone arrive at all.

In recent months, I have been on the hunt for a car on the used market. Frustratingly, I'm finding that most of what's available are painted white or black, neither are colours I want for such a special car. Green, blue, red and grey I would jump on. I then question why the hell would someone choose rental-fleet flat white paint on such an expensive car when new, no imagination.

Meanwhile, I guess I have to keep fantasizing about what wheels and exhaust I would fit to my S650, what I'll do with the paint, where I want to go in it.............................. and the long service leave I have been wanting to take to coincide with the cars arrival.

So confused and frustrated at being in limbo.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes bill walsh, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A little touch I might do to that S650 is to black out the panel between the tailightsDFB's Garage

I can't believe how many hoops you've been jumping through Deyon! At this point I'd find a nice M2 in that midnight purple color and call it a dayDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's gotta be frustrating, as much from the not getting updates as the actual delays. I think you, or someone, may have said they are becoming the Ford Ranger company here, and don't care about anything else.

There's at least 5 of the new Rangers in my neighbourhood already. All different trim levels as well, one is this really nice metallic blue, and he had these nice white wheels with machined lip, but the white paint started flaking off, so now he has black rims, it doesn't look anywhere as good.

I do like the M2, but even 2nd hand they aren't cheap.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

12. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    It's gotta be frustrating, as much from the not getting updates as the actual delays. I think you, or someone, may have said they are becoming the Ford Ranger company here, and don't care about anything else.

There's at least 5 of the new Rangers in my neighbourhood already. All different trim levels as well, one is this really nice metallic blue, and he had these nice white wheels with machined lip, but the white paint started flaking off, so now he has black rims, it doesn't look anywhere as good.

I do like the M2, but even 2nd hand they aren't cheap.

Yeah the Comp Pkg commands a premium for sure and that price has more to do with what that new M2 looks likeDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

14. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Yeah the Comp Pkg commands a premium for sure and that price has more to do with what that new M2 looks likeDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

Why would they do this, who signed off on this, they should be fired. Also, why are they stealing Hyundai's colours.

16. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Why would they do this, who signed off on this, they should be fired. Also, why are they stealing Hyundai's colours.

Thanks Dave and that's not even brand BRAND new either DFB's Garage️Not just that front but look how bloated the entire car isDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

In the cars defense though, it makes 500 hp, no matter what that "rating" says, plus those rims look great...except you have to look at what they're attached toDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

THIS is THEE one to have thoughDFB's Garage

19. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
Page 138 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3888128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142 LastLast