autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

One of the reasons they employed me at my last job was attention to detail, however, when I stopped them sending some incorrect wheels out, supposed to be a set of 4 for a Land Rover, but 2 were incorrect, they looked the same but had a different load rating, so potentially dangerous, they were "happy", but couldn't return them to the supplier as they were rubbish with paperwork so couldn't prove who they bought them off, so that ended up being my fault, even though they got them before I started there.

We were selling Jetboil fuel online, for camp ovens, basically small bombs, like they used in the movie Shooter, one of my favourites. We used to send them through the mail, no dangerous goods declaration, they said 1 or 2 were ok through Australia Post, then somebody ordered a whole carton, I said no I'm not packing that or signing that connote, then showed them that no other stockist would send them by courier or mail, they had to be bought in person in store. They still wanted to send it, by air, but they wouldn't put their name on it.

Screw those guys.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

2. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    One of the reasons they employed me at my last job was attention to detail, however, when I stopped them sending some incorrect wheels out, supposed to be a set of 4 for a Land Rover, but 2 were incorrect, they looked the same but had a different load rating, so potentially dangerous, they were "happy", but couldn't return them to the supplier as they were rubbish with paperwork so couldn't prove who they bought them off, so that ended up being my fault, even though they got them before I started there.

We were selling Jetboil fuel online, for camp ovens, basically small bombs, like they used in the movie Shooter, one of my favourites. We used to send them through the mail, no dangerous goods declaration, they said 1 or 2 were ok through Australia Post, then somebody ordered a whole carton, I said no I'm not packing that or signing that connote, then showed them that no other stockist would send them by courier or mail, they had to be bought in person in store. They still wanted to send it, by air, but they wouldn't put their name on it.

Screw those guys.

I've been the scapegoat more times than I care to remember, but funny how you remember that sort of thing. Nine times out of ten, the issue would be caused by a lack of communication on their part, but it's easier to blame the lackey then it is to admit fault. Same with issues caused by a family member, but to keep the peace in the family dynamic, guess who ends up taking the brunt of the frustration?

4. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I've been the scapegoat more times than I care to remember, but funny how you remember that sort of thing. Nine times out of ten, the issue would be caused by a lack of communication on their part, but it's easier to blame the lackey then it is to admit fault. Same with issues caused by a family member, but to keep the peace in the family dynamic, guess who ends up taking the brunt of the frustration?
    When I worked at the multinational we had a manager who got his daughter a job in my section, twice she tried to get me in trouble by making sh1t up about me, saying I said things that I didn't say and not doing my job. Both times I said to my boss to show me the evidence, there was none of course. Both times she ended up in the office in tears, trying to use her dad to get her out of trouble. She wasn't very popular with anyone really, and didn't last much longer.

Long ago I learnt to own my mistakes, because if you deny everything, then no one believes you when you're not your fault. Also good to come up with the solution before anyone figures out that you've farked up.

6. Thanks DFB, oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jaguar wiper replacement- I replace them in the off position, too. I've always placed a microfiber towel under the arm, just in case it slips out of my hand.

8. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You would assume using these products so regularly that dilution amounts would be muscle memory, but my brain doesn't work that way. I got sick of looking up the dilution each and every time I mixed one of the following chemicals, so I did what I do best....................made a spread sheet!

10. Thanks Big Dave, Tasmania thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The P&S brand has gone from strength to strength over the last decade, delivering a variety of high-performance products that have really found favor with the pro and enthusiast detailing market. In recent times they have been reinventing some of their older formula's, some rebranded to bring them to prominence, some reformulated for modern times applications.

One such product being Undressed Tire Prep, which was once known as P&S White-Wall Tire Cleaner. It's been brought under the Pro-Series banner and sold as an alternative to Shine Supply Wise Guy or Adam's Tire & Rubber Cleaner.

Another being Crystal Wash. This actually hasn't been alternated in formula, rather it's a different take on an iron fallout remover........without the stench. Instead of dissolving contamination and turning purple, it attacks and then crystalizes contaminants for easy hose off. This product dates back to the 1980's and has been brought into the spotlight in recent times as an alternative to stinky iron removers.

Another product, and the reason for this post, is Radiance. The original formula being a good old-fashioned wash & wax type maintenance soap. The case for a maintenance wash with carnauba wax is very limited these days, it really doesn't play well with ceramic coatings and sealants. Up until recently, you could still buy Radiance Premium Wash & Wax.

However, Radiance has since gone through a reformulation to be more relevant, now known as Inspiration Radiance Coating Maintenance Wash................

The new formula, and new name for that matter, was intended to fit into the rest of the P&S Inspiration ceramic coating lineup. Like the original wax version, the new formula is designed to clean, then leave behind some additional Si02 to increase gloss, slickness, hydrophobics and provide some very minor protection.

Now, you can see I have the old and the new side by side. That was not intentional as I've never been a wash & wax fan. However, I was sent the old bottle in error (or maybe not), I must have got the very last bottle as it's since been removed from the supplier's website.

From what I have seen, Inspiration Radiance is not a high foaming soap. Nor have I been a big fan of these dual-purpose soaps. But, well, I wanted to try it. Time will tell if this changes my mind.

12. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mustang delayed again -

2024 Ford Mustang: Australian launch delayed again | CarExpert

I have thought this for a while now, but I doubt anyone will be getting a S650 in Australia now. There is simply no valid reason why the car can't be here right now when there are cars sitting unsold on dealer lots all across America. I suspect those who have orders will be getting their deposits back by July this year.

At this point, I'm so disappointed that I have basically wasted 2 years waiting for this car. I could have gone and bought something else, enjoyed it for a few years, then taken delivery of the S650. If Ford go on to pull the Mustang from Australia, I won't be the only one who has been left dangling on the hook for two years.

Ford clearly have no interest in this car, or any car for that matter. The axing of the Escape and Puma that play in a booming segment says it all. Ford are basically stringing this out to keep customers off the market, all the while the dealer makes interest on your deposit.

And if they do bring the car in the end, it won't be long before an updated model launches. So, all of those who signed up for the "new" Mustang will get the "old" Mustang.

So angry at the moment. Absolutely shameful treatment.

Post Thanks / Like

The S650 was supposed to be a new platform. Once Ford scrapped the idea and refreshed the s550 platform I kinda feel like the were in Fu€|< it mode on the mustang.

Gotta put all that R&D into electrics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The S650 was supposed to be a new platform. Once Ford scrapped the idea and refreshed the s550 platform I kinda feel like the were in Fu€|< it mode on the mustang.

Gotta put all that R&D into electrics

My annoyance is that the car has been out long enough now that an update won't be far off for you guys in the US. Which means if we actually see cars delivered this year, they will be the old model within a short period. As I said, people placed orders for the NEW Mustang, thinking it would be here within 6 to 12 months. I'm now at 16 months and counting, with apparent delivery now slated for October, so 24 months.

I'm at the point of not caring anymore, and if the car I'm eyeing at the moment comes up in the right colour and price, I'll cancel my order. I'm thinking this is what Ford Australia are hoping will happen, then site lack of demand and then carry on selling jacked up ladder frame pickup trucks to wannabe tradesmen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    My annoyance is that the car has been out long enough now that an update won't be far off for you guys in the US. Which means if we actually see cars delivered this year, they will be the old model within a short period. As I said, people placed orders for the NEW Mustang, thinking it would be here within 6 to 12 months. I'm now at 16 months and counting, with apparent delivery now slated for October, so 24 months.

I'm at the point of not caring anymore, and if the car I'm eyeing at the moment comes up in the right colour and price, I'll cancel my order. I'm thinking this is what Ford Australia are hoping will happen, then site lack of demand and then carry on selling jacked up ladder frame pickup trucks to wannabe tradesmen.
    I vote Supra. They’ve grown on me….

17. Likes Big Dave liked this post
Page 133 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3383123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast