autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 83 of 142 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Only cost me $40,000 as I claimed the GST back on it, but I know.

While most 20-something's have a social life, parties, booze, drugs, holidays.................I worked my ar.e off instead. And look where that lead me, a grumpy middle aged man with no friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I don't think that Maxshine stool is available yet in the USA/Canada, but it retails for $325 AUD.

When you look at the crappy seat material and wonky stitching, I don't think its worth $300+ AUD.
    Pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    This one you have here looks like a good height. So that top is actually a pad and was moving on you?
    Those seats are very generic and are sold under a number of different brands. Mine was from "Economax" and didn't come with a padded seat. When Maxshine did their version, they offered an accessory padded seat insert, which I took a gamble on fitting mine....................

Transformed the comfort of the thing but would shift as I moved/scooted from wheel to wheel. (And no, I don't have a fat a.s). Minor annoyance, but last week I added some heavy duty doubled sided Velcro to the outer edges of the seats, which worked a treat in keeping the padded insert attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Pic?

The Maxshine one?

They also sell a tray as a separate piece...............

It just looks cheap and nasty to me.

4. Likes Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Since having full wrap PPF, I don't break out the pressure washer as I too scared to -lift an edge- .....so I don't use it as much.
    I sparingly use it just for wheels and foam if it's filthy

On the -cap-, I dunno. I would think having it open is a good thing. While not much air is going to circulate, my POV is moisture in dark environment vs having something a bit more drier, is a good thing. Sometimes I actually take the compressor and will -blow out- the line if I don't think I may be using it for awhile (similar to blowing out the irrigation lines when winter comes)

Fashion vs function aside, are you keeping the hose (capped) when not in use.
    Yes, capped when not in use.

On my last machine, I always left the gun and want attached, which is effectively the same thing save for the small orifice in the nozzle. Had no issues with doing that, and I would expect as soon as the machine is fired up, any potential mildew would be blasted out in short order.

And.......................I just like the look of it. I'm very shallow.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

VC Mustang update...............parts have arrived, which I have started tinkering with.

First, the replacement fuel cap.

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how these work, but the clear plastic "dagger" is supposed to indicate fuel tank level. This piece snapped off many years ago, at one point it was floating around in the tank. I thought it might have still been in there, but no dice. A small detail, but one of those little things that made a Victa a Victa.

Next, a brand-new Muffler.

Victa VC160 Muffler, Clips & Gasket | Push Mower Repair

This is probably not needed, but with what I managed to scrape out of the original, I wanted to start fresh. I ordered the kit form, which includes a reproduction muffler, two clips and a gasket. The original gasket did absolutely need replacing.

I have refitted these mufflers a couple of times, and they are always an absolute pig to get right. The bottom clip especially due to a lack of clearance. The clips themselves attach to the ribs on the cylinder head, the clip is then levered to latch onto the muffler. I have since read up on an easier method, where you fit the bottom clip first and then use leverage to attach the top clip. Next time.

Next, the spark plug boot, the original was perished and cracked.

https://pushmowerrepair.com.au/produ...ark-plug-boot/

This item is not OE, rather a generic part. In my case, I cut the end off the plug lead to remove the original ring connector. The kit is supplied with a small Philips head screw, which is driven into the end of the lead. The screw then helps clip to the spark plug. A choice of plugs is given, but I stuck with the classic Champion CJ8.

She fired on the first pull after that, then promptly popped the muffler off. Bugger, try again DFB. :doh And if you think a Victa 2-stroke is loud, then you should hear one without a muffler! :lol

Included in my order was length of the correct fuel line and a replacement fuel tap, which was only just starting to weep. I decided to replace the fuel inlet, breather line and decompressor line.

https://pushmowerrepair.com.au/product/victa-fuel-line/
    https://pushmowerrepair.com.au/product/victa-fuel-tap/

Next, I want to work on those dodgy looking electrical wires coming out of the carburetor, which are the cut-out wires. I'm pretty sure they are the work of my grandfather, most likely a repair with whatever he had on hand. The replacement decals have also arrived, and I'm also looking to repaint the flywheel cover and sort the rust on those cylinder head "spikes".

8. Likes Big Dave, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny and ironic timing regarding seats. I just went through the whole dilemma. I have a bad back and I'm always trying to limit bending all day. The blue one is really nice and sturdy. it's a Generic VEVOR Dewalt copy, and I just painted it. It however seemed to high for cars. Great for trucks but I then turned around looking for the most comfortable lowest one available for under $80 and I found the same one Adam's sells for 1/2 the price by VEVOR on eBay.DFB's Garage-img_7204-jpgDFB's Garage-s-l1600-jpg

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Years ago my Grandmother had a lawnmower that was a real ####### to start, and I'd finally got it started this day I was mowing her lawn, but it was cutting in and out, I noticed the spark plug boot wasn't on securely, so I just reach down and push it back on, it had a hole in it I didn't know about. Strangely, it didn't hurt, but my arm shot straight up above my head, and I didn't put it there.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

I have this one. It works, but those bigger cup holder suck. Always chanking it off my legs. I took one side off. Thought about cutting off one of the cups holders on the other side too.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got the Griot's with the removable mini creeper if I need to get lower. One thing I haven't loved is how much overhang it has. If you lean too much to one side, the other side of the mini creeper will pop off and you fall on the floor. It really needs some kind of lock.

16. Likes opie, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The sun was shining, so it was the perfect opportunity for a Miami Monday. It's been a very long time since I have driven the XR8, so I was looking forward to this..............

Except, I had a very sad battery to contend with. Despite being hooked up to a tender, it just wouldn't crank over. At all! Thankfully, I managed to jump it using my battery pack. One of the best purchases I have ever made, it's come to the rescue countless times now, both at home and at work.

I hate dealing with batteries, so I have a drive-in, drive-out place I take my cars to for this. The battery instantly failed the load test. I am not at all surprised, this is the original Ford factory battery, so nearingnine years old now. I think I did well out of it.

The guy was quite careful with the car and was thankful to be working on such a clean car. See, they notice.

When he brought the new battery out and I spotted the label, I made the remark about having a GM battery in a Ford...............

I was joking, of course. Having read our Franko positively remark about AC Delco batteries, and having been told how good these are this morning, I really don't mind at all. For $200 cash in and out, I don't mind one bit.

On my way out, both guys in the shop congratulated me on the car and that I should be proud of it. And I am, immensely proud of it. As always, it was turning head this morning.

That original battery had been dying a slow death for a while now, it getting slower and slower to crank over. The starter on these Miami V8's has a very distinctive sound, the long cranking time is to build up oil pressure before firing. So it's nice to having it cranking over hard again, harder than a teenage boy.

18. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, Azure, opie liked this post
Page 83 of 142 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133 ... LastLast