autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 28 of 145 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I have been using my EGO 765 for both detailing and gardening work. For drying a car, I still think my Big Boi does a better and more thorough job, but when I'm limited for time, the EGO is handy to just grab and go.

However, the long tube best suited to what it was actually designed for, as in blowing leaves, makes it somewhat cumbersome to use for car drying. Enter the stubby nozzle -

There are a few different companies selling stubby nozzles for leaf blowers. I wanted the one Obsessed Garage sell, but it's ALWAYS out of stock and I actually delayed this purchase waiting for it to become available. I was literally one day too late in attempting to place an order. :doh

The Apex version looks more substantial, having been designed for future upgrades and attachments. In the end I couldn't wait any longer, so I settled on the Stubby Nozzle Company's version, which is a single piece 3D-Printed design and is actually shorter than the Apex unit.

The Stubby Nozzle Company also sell the BlowerBand silicone rubber protection tip from their Amazon and Ebay stores to go with the nozzle. These are available in a variety of colours, I stuck with the EGO green. This band slips onto the end of the stubby tube, offering a layer of protection between the tip and the paint. It looks good too.

The standard issue tube is massively long in comparison -

Can't wait to try it out!

Sure as day follows night, the Apex version will be back in stock tomorrow.
    The one you got is way better. The Apex aire from Obsessed sucks. Fit is loose, wobbly and if you pull on nozzle hard enough the top section pops right off. It does not pop off will using or rattle will in use.

100% though if this wasn’t Matt’s product with his OCD he woulda made a video about how trash it was and tossed it. Maybe get it if a version 2 to address all the defects comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been using my EGO 765 for both detailing and gardening work. For drying a car, I still think my Big Boi does a better and more thorough job, but when I'm limited for time, the EGO is handy to just grab and go.

However, the long tube best suited to what it was actually designed for, as in blowing leaves, makes it somewhat cumbersome to use for car drying. Enter the stubby nozzle -

There are a few different companies selling stubby nozzles for leaf blowers. I wanted the one Obsessed Garage sell, but it's ALWAYS out of stock and I actually delayed this purchase waiting for it to become available. I was literally one day too late in attempting to place an order. :doh

The Apex version looks more substantial, having been designed for future upgrades and attachments. In the end I couldn't wait any longer, so I settled on the Stubby Nozzle Company's version, which is a single piece 3D-Printed design and is actually shorter than the Apex unit.

The Stubby Nozzle Company also sell the BlowerBand silicone rubber protection tip from their Amazon and Ebay stores to go with the nozzle. These are available in a variety of colours, I stuck with the EGO green. This band slips onto the end of the stubby tube, offering a layer of protection between the tip and the paint. It looks good too.

The standard issue tube is massively long in comparison -

Can't wait to try it out!

Sure as day follows night, the Apex version will be back in stock tomorrow.
    Did you "Lube the tip" before putting on the band?

4. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The one you got is way better. The Apex aire from Obsessed sucks. Fit is loose, wobbly and if you pull on nozzle hard enough the top section pops right off. It does not pop off will using or rattle will in use.

100% though if this wasn’t Matt’s product with his OCD he woulda made a video about how trash it was and tossed it. Maybe get it if a version 2 to address all the defects comes out.

Totally agree with you.

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two cars today on the to do list, the Ranger and XR6.

The Ranger missed a wash last week, and I could take it no longer............

Just not good enough!!!

The wheels, tires and arches were dealt with Brake Buster from my foam cannon. I then did a pre-soak with NV Snow, followed by the contact wash with Adam's Mega Foam. I like how Mega Foam rinses clean without reactivating.

After a blow down with the EGO, the drying aid for this car was Bead Maker.

I then felt a little nostalgic and got out Meguiar's Last Touch for the door jambs. Last Touch was my exclusive drying aid for a long time, I had forgotten how nice it is to use.

The Ranger was the test subject for the third of the P&S dressing trio I decided to pit against one another, Dynamic Dressing.

Dynamic is just that, being quick and easy to apply. This is another runny liquid rather than a gel/cream, so it goes on quite wet and then soaks into the rubber. Dynamic is probably more geared towards interior dressing, but I quite liked it on tires.

It was then onto the XR6, here covered in luscious GSF goodness..........

I used the EGO with my new stubby nozzle on both cars today. This is more like it!

One key aspect that I prefer about using the Big Boi is the heating function, this seems to dry the tyres and wheels much faster. The EGO on the other hand has the advantage of not having to manage a power cord and long hose. Both still have a place in my garage.

OG Drying Aid for the XR6, with a little Last Touch used on the door jambs and engine bay.

After using the last of my bottle of Gyeon Q2 Glass on the windows, the interior got a wipe down with ONR before returning to the exterior to dress the tyres and wipe the wheels over with Last Touch.

Back to spec............

I made sure I did everything I needed to do yesterday so that I didn't have to go anywhere today, so that I could put on a podcast and just unwind.

8. Likes oneheadlite, Big Dave, Bosko, Azure, dgage and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious? What pressure washer do you use? Gas/electric? Specs?

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious? What pressure washer do you use? Gas/electric? Specs?

I have only had two pressure washers for detailing, starting off with a low end Katcher K2 -

I never intended to spend this much, I was all set to buy another Karcher, but then I discovered Kranzle. I ended up just taking the plunge and ordered a K1152 (K1122) with the MTM SGS 28 / PF22.2 combo.

I ended up getting the OG Spec Mosmatic gun, wand and nozzles.

I do realize that this is extravagantly over done, but as soon as I used it, I knew I had done the right thing............every time I use it in fact. Put it this way, I don't smoke, don't drink, don't go out for dinner, don't have children, don't gamble, don't go on expensive vacations. Spending the better part of $2000 (AUD) on a pressure washer to wash my car is what makes sense to me. I also use it enough to warrant having something that will make me smile every time I use it. It's even earnt me some money too.

I do wish I had gone all out and installed a wall mount version though. Maybe next time..................

Post Thanks / Like

I have only had two pressure washers for detailing, starting off with a low end Katcher K2 -

I never intended to spend this much, I was all set to buy another Karcher, but then I discovered Kranzle. I ended up just taking the plunge and ordered a K1152 (K1122) with the MTM SGS 28 / PF22.2 combo.

I ended up getting the OG Spec Mosmatic gun, wand and nozzles.

I do realize that this is extravagantly over done, but as soon as I used it, I knew I had done the right thing............every time I use it in fact. Put it this way, I don't smoke, don't drink, don't go out for dinner, don't have children, don't gamble, don't go on expensive vacations. Spending the better part of $2000 (AUD) on a pressure washer to wash my car is what makes sense to me. I also use it enough to warrant having something that will make me smile every time I use it. It's even earnt me some money too.

I do wish I had gone all out and installed a wall mount version though. Maybe next time..................
    Yeah that foam looks nice and the Karcher ain’t doing that. I don’t use mine enough to justify it now. Wish i woulda just bought a Kranzle or Pro AR off the bat as was my plan.

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that foam looks nice and the Karcher ain’t doing that. I don’t use mine enough to justify it now. Wish i woulda just bought a Kranzle or Pro AR off the bat as was my plan.

To fair on the old Karcher, it foamed pretty good for what it was, using an older style foam cannon with the annoying Karcher connection -

Comparing a $200 machine to a $2000 machine, the foam production from the Karcher was more than sufficient. However, there are a few areas where the Kranzle wins this battle -

Speed -
    While the Karcher made nice foam, the Kranzle with its higher flow rate churns out foam much quicker. That flow rate also speeds up the rinsing process as well.

Ease of connection -
    The goofy Karcher connectors were a pain to use. Having proper quick connects on each fitting and outlet makes using the machine much easier, changing between short gun, long gun and foam cannon being a mere click/click away.

The Hose -
    Not only is the Kranzle hose softer and more pliable, it's actually long enough to move around the car without having to move the machine. Combined with swivels on the gun, that means no hose bind. (As a gardener and a person who uses hoses all day-every day, a hose that doesn't bind is a revelation!)

The Sound -
    This is not a measurable performance stat, but when you are using something so often, little things like this add up. The sound Kranzle machines make is far more pleasant, featuring a strong and stout note without the high-pitched screaming, screeching or surging that entry level pressure washers exhibit.

Long Service Life -
    If needed, these can be repaired or rejuvenated rather than thrown away. I change the oil every 12 months as piece of mind with the correct Kranzle gear oil.

Not trying to sell someone a Kranzle here, just explaining why I spent what I did. I'm the sort of person who doesn't like being left wanting. I did that in my younger years, saving money upfront and ending up regretting not spending the extra money for the tool/car/whatever I really wanted. I try not to do that now, life's too short.

14. Likes Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack, opie, dgage, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to sell someone a Kranzle here, just explaining why I spent what I did. I'm the sort of person who doesn't like being left wanting. I did that in my younger years, saving money upfront and ending up regretting not spending the extra money for the tool/car/whatever I really wanted. I try not to do that now, life's too short.
    Thats looks like a nice machine. And you dont have to justify your spending habbits to anyone.

Also, unless your loaded at a young age, i beleieve most every young person spent their money the same way. At this point for me its also a buy once cry once senario. Maybe not a kranzle...but a quality AR for sure

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

16. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Thats looks like a nice machine. And you dont have to justify your spending habbits to anyone.

Also, unless your loaded at a young age, i beleieve most every young person spent their money the same way. At this point for me its also a buy once cry once senario. Maybe not a kranzle...but a quality AR for sure
    Maybe something like an AR613? They're $700-800.

Page 28 of 145 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast