autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142143144145146147148149150151152
Results 1,511 to 1,516 of 1516

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Hey Deyon i have P&S Defender and what to ask do you have any tip/tricks on useing it?
    Because i saw your review at Detailing Shed.

Thank you
    Defender is overall pretty easy to use, decent gloss and slickness. I can't comment on longevity as I use it as a drying aid and not a more methodical application. Personally, I prefer Bead Maker or even Clean Maker over Defender, in both instances the gloss and slickness is superior, while something like Paint Gloss is easier to use.

At the last TRCM, reading between the lines, Defender is not selling like P&S thought it would. (P&S presentation from about the 1 hour mark, Defender from about 1 hr 4min)

Post Thanks / Like

Taking the looong way home from the chemist, via my favorite road......................

After the XR8 consumed an absurd amount of fuel, it was time for the Ranger's weekly wash.

Soap of choice today was NV Snow. It's been a while since I washed with this soap, so it was nice to reacquaint myself with this excellent product. Because of the winter road grime on the car, I briefly considered using with Bilt Hamber Touchless as a pre-wash but decided to stick with Snow. Due to the higher pH level of Snow, it had no trouble dissolving the road film prior to the contact wash.

I tend to alternate between "protective" and "non-protective" drying aids, today was the latter. Silke is the only product that I liked from my sample of Stjarnagloss products, but then, it's pretty hard to screw up a basic quick detailer.

Speaking of the Stjarnagloss brand, it seems to have been ignored in Australia. The brand was brought into The Rag Company family a couple of years ago, basically replacing WoWo's when they went belly up. Given TRC's ability to build up brand awareness to the point of hype, its somewhat unusual for local retailers to pass on a TRC distributed brand. I suspect they were burnt by the WoWo's fallout, or that Car Care Products hold the distribution rights and not CarCareCo (the TRC distributor in Australia). Frankly, I don't think we are missing out on much, the products are pretty average and hardly worth the same or more than an equivalent Carpro, Gyeon or Koch Chemie.

3. Likes Big Dave, Azure, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot what I tried from them, that's how much they increased meDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I forgot what I tried from them, that's how much they increased meDFB's Garage

Yeah, nothing I tried really impressed me. Silke is nice, but hardly a challenging sector to nail. Sno foamed well and smelled lovely, but it had no cleaning ability or lubrication and ended up getting my usual bin treatment. Gummi was so underwhelming I actually gave it away. I've been told Forst is worth the bother, but its not offered here.

I have to say, I've found a lot of UK-based detailing brands are the same, very underwhelming. Auto Finesse products were anything from merely ok right down to absolutely terrible. Not a single WoWo's product did a thing for me, in fact they have the honor of being the worst glass cleaner I have ever tried, again, a product category that is hard to get wrong. Showstopper followed my experience with the similar P&S Dream Maker, a streaky mess. Autoglym were once a higher end brand, but they have fallen so far behind that its joke now.

Post Thanks / Like

The product I used was a yellow color, maybe a spray on, hose off productDFB's Garage

It's funny you literally throw a product away Deyon, imagine the "Bin Treatment" on your YouTube detailing channel, that feature would spread your channel quickly as noone does that DFB's Garage

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes DFB, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The product I used was a yellow color, maybe a spray on, hose off productDFB's Garage

It's funny you literally throw a product away Deyon, imagine the "Bin Treatment" on your YouTube detailing channel, that feature would spread your channel quickly as noone does that DFB's Garage

My bin treatment is basically me using a dud product to clean the bins with after they are emptied each week. So in reality, I'm still "using" the product, just not as the manufacturer intended.

For the most part, I don't throw products away unless they are aged, or truly terrible......................a near full gallon bottle of Meguiar's D180 Leather Cleaner and Conditioner went in the bin, what a waste of money and space that was. Some products I will give away, the Gummi I threw into the sale of my old corded polisher.

10. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142143144145146147148149150151152