autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 88 of 152 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

[QUOTE=Danube;1778098]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Ahh sorry, no oil filter on those engines, rather the air filter foam element is soaked in oil to trap dust.

Standard procedure is to take the filter out of the housing, wash out in soapy water (not petrol or a solvent), allow to dry and then re-oil before putting it back into the housing. I just buy a new foam element, you still need to oil it though. Not too much, just enough for it to be sticky. Best way to do it is to put the filter in a small plastic bag, add some oil to the filter and then scrunch/squeeze the filter in the bag to distribute it, this will also remove any excess. QUOTE]

Well, mine doesn't look that bad for not being cleaned that long ...

Attachment 76889

For $5.60 is no brainier to replace it however I opted for washing with this miracle APC at the cost of $1.75 from Aldi (please try it and let me know)

Attachment 76890
    Good work. Don't forget to re-oil it before to put it back into the housing.

2. Likes Danube liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post
    If you get a chance, check out Olsa for tools and organizers.
    I've spent far too many hours trying to find something that I like and/or I can actually buy. Too many options, too many that are not financially viable. One of those included Olsa, which also carry Tool Grid, which what I really want because of the clean look of the setup. But, to buy what I need is equal to the price of shipping to Australia.........we're talking four figures by the time it lands at my door.

I've decided on something a little more basic for now, and I'll see how it looks once I've played around with the layout.

4. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Four figures, wow. Might as well be four fingers. Not worth it to me, either.

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washing and oiling went well, good to go for another century.

A freezer bag worked fine for evenly spreading the oil.

While there I also checked the head bolts, no tightening required, all good.

This little Honds bugger from the photo is giving me some headaches lately - when the trigger is full on, it always tends to die. Less RPM's no drama, full on - it dies.

I've changed the spark plug, also shortened the fuel hose to avoid kinking .. no changes at all.

Any thoughts DFB ?!?

DFB's Garage-1-vippa-jpg
    Flex 3401 & PE14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danube View Post
    Washing and oiling went well, good to go for another century.

A freezer bag worked fine for evenly spreading the oil.

While there I also checked the head bolts, no tightening required, all good.

This little Honds bugger from the photo is giving me some headaches lately - when the trigger is full on, it always tends to die. Less RPM's no drama, full on - it dies.

I've changed the spark plug, also shortened the fuel hose to avoid kinking .. no changes at all.

Any thoughts DFB ?!?

DFB's Garage-1-vippa-jpg
    Two things come to mind -

- First, a blocked exhaust port or spark arrestor in the muffler. This is mostly applicable to 2-stroke engines, but it you don't run the machine at full or high revs often, the carbon doesn't burn off properly and eventually causes it to build up and block, ultimately preventing the engine from exhaling.

I haven't pulled down a small GX25 / GX35 Honda before, but you would need to inspect the small muffler outlet screen, which your unit may or may not have as there are a few different designs for these engines. Remove any built-up carbon with a wire brush or by heating it with a flame and again agitating with a brush.

For the exhaust port, you will need to remove the muffler and inspect the port for carbon build up. Remove by gently scraping the carbon away. In both cases, you will need to remove the engine shrouding. While the muffler is removed, make sure the inlet is not blocked either.

- Secondly, it could be that engine is not getting enough fuel at full throttle. In which case, check the fuel filter in the tank. Otherwise, you will likely need to rebuild or replace the carb. These are a diaphragm carb, which become hard with age and don't pump fuel properly. Usually, you will have starting issues as well. On my GX25 powered Atom Edger, I had the carb rebuilt and fuel line replaced to solve this issue.

9. Thanks Danube thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought of you yesterday deyon(wierd sounding...i know lol) after mowing the grass, i hosed off the garden tractor and it it was beading like crazy. Forgot i wiped it down with something at the begining of the year. Didnt have the phone to take a beading shot lol

But i thought...i wonder if all of deyons mowers bead water lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

11. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Thought of you yesterday deyon(wierd sounding...i know lol) after mowing the grass, i hosed off the garden tractor and it it was beading like crazy. Forgot i wiped it down with something at the begining of the year. Didnt have the phone to take a beading shot lol

But i thought...i wonder if all of deyons mowers bead water lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Some of them do.....................

13. Likes Big Dave, Danube, Klasse Act, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New car?

15. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    New car?

Nice, I've always liked them, but I'd never own one.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Nice, I've always liked them, but I'd never own one.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    I've always liked them too................and wouldn't dare own one either. This particular example has caused the owner a LOT of headaches over the years.

Page 88 of 152 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138 ... LastLast