autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 86 of 142 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

What does the dealership say about this lack of getting what YOU want DFB's Garage

"Sitting in a field for 2 monthes"...DFB's GarageDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

Quarantined and decontamination before coming into the country, that's still "a thing" down thereDFB's GarageDFB's GarageDFB's Garage When it comes to that, your officials really are upside downDFB's Garage

You must really, really like red on that car to get another one because when posted it as well as that blue one, which had silver wheels, I said WOW because that blue POPSDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    What does the dealership say about this lack of getting what YOU want DFB's Garage

"Sitting in a field for 2 monthes"...DFB's GarageDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

Quarantined and decontamination before coming into the country, that's still "a thing" down thereDFB's GarageDFB's GarageDFB's Garage When it comes to that, your officials really are upside downDFB's Garage

You must really, really like red on that car to get another one because when posted it as well as that blue one, which had silver wheels, I said WOW because that blue POPSDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

Atlas blue is stunning, and it has me very tempted. I just love Race Red.

As for the lack of getting what I want, it's a Ford Australia thing. It's all about keeping the complexity down and reducing spare part inventory.

As for quarantining, the cars arrive at port, are then unloaded and held in a holding lot. When I got my last new car, this decontamination process was an occasional thing. Because car companies have been building and then storing cars while they wait for specific parts (computer chips for example), or waiting for vessels to be available, it's the extended period of sitting before boarding a ship, making it more likely to be "infected" with bugs and/or soil. It's all about biosecurity and not introducing pests that are not already in this country. I understand the importance of doing so, but their methods lack logic.

Post Thanks / Like

DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    There's movement at the station!

So, I've been watching S650 Mustang reviews all this week and starting to get excited! Well, my dealer rang today to say that I have secured an October build slot. At this stage, Ford Australia haven't even announced prices, which is frustrating, and I don't expect to see the car until early next year.

(There have been massive delays in delivering cars in Australia over the last 12 months. The ships are arriving and delivering, but because a lot of new cars are being built and then stored before being loaded onto boats, they need to be quarantined before being released at the docks. This has created a lot of lengthy delays as each car needs to "decontaminated" before being delivered to dealers. My sister has spent the last 4 months waiting for a brand-new car that was built and shipped in February and landed in the country two months ago. While this process is necessary to protect the local environment, the logic behind is bonkers. While the cars sit and wait their turn to be decontaminated, its not like a bug is going to stay on the car and wait its turn to be killed is it? Good old Australia, the least logical country in the world! )

I mention that because, even if the car arrives before Christmas, it's probably going to sit in a field for another two months.

Meanwhile, I'm looking at this picture a lot....................

I also have to make comment on Ford Australia's goofy options logic. In the US, you guys get to pick and choose interior colors, seats, stripes, wheel designs, caliper colors, a bronze appearance pack.................the list goes on. Not here though. I can have any interior color as long as its black (I want red, of course), we don't get access to the Torsen diff or a manual convertible. I can't select the wheels I like. I can order the black pack, but not a spoiler, despite that combo being available in the US. I can order a spoiler and stripes, but not with Magneride or Recaro seats. No logic to this, just a take it or leave it thing.
    You trading in the old one or adding another to stable?

Waiting for a call when it gets in to test drive. I’ll be looking at that blue, red and white also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    You trading in the old one or adding another to stable?

Waiting for a call when it gets in to test drive. I’ll be looking at that blue, red and white also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I need to trade something in, just don't have the space. Sadly, I'll have to part with my S550, the two Falcon's are irreplaceable, so they aren't going anywhere.

I'm both sad and excited. Sad because the original S550 would have to be one of the best-looking Mustangs of all, and I've enjoyed this car so much. I'm excited because its time for something new. I'm also looking forward to the updated Coyote, and the higher rev limit compared to my gen-2 Coyote.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Prange, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I need to trade something in, just don't have the space. Sadly, I'll have to part with my S550, the two Falcon's are irreplaceable, so they aren't going anywhere.

I'm both sad and excited. Sad because the original S550 would have to be one of the best-looking Mustangs of all, and I've enjoyed this car so much. I'm excited because its time for something new. I'm also looking forward to the updated Coyote, and the higher rev limit compared to my gen-2 Coyote.

I went for an oil change on my F250 last Friday and I got to talking with a salesman. He was trying to talk me into buying another mustang that was slated for delivery this week. 2024 Atlas Blue with Premium Package, Performance Package, bronze package. He said they were marking it up $15k extra because of the ‘availability’ and that the transporter company offered them 30k over msrp. I told him I get the X plan through where I work and I would get it for less than msrp. He laughed and said they wouldn’t accept it. Then I told him they have to accept it since it’s a Ford offered deal through them to my employer and if I were to order one, it would be through the dealer I got my truck from because they treated us better than we could have asked.

Then he just said if I wanted to buy it I knew where it would be at. I kind of chuckled. That dealership acts like they’re the only place that can get vehicles. When I was looking for my truck, they told me that it would be a 1k deposit and then they low balled my f150 for a trade in. The dealership I bought from ended up giving me what I bought my F150 for in trade in just by looking at pictures and ordered the 250 without a deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2021 Ford F-150 XL STX 5.0 Coyote
    2016 Ford Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost
    2010 GMC Acadia 3.6

8. Likes Klasse Act, opie, Prange, Big Dave, DFB and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brrr,

I have two words for that Ford dealership, and they’re not “good morning”.

10. Likes Big Dave, Brrr, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pointless job 1397...........

The muffler on the Combat was pretty pitted and carbon stained when I got it...........

Soooo................

A hit with some wet and dry paper, then a foam power cone and good old Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish delivered what I was aiming for...........

As I said, a pointless task but worth it in my eyes.

You will note the grass clippings on the unit, meaning this machine has been getting some use. I love this mower, its super light and easy to maneuver, and it just seems to grunt through taller grass without sweat. "They don't make them like this anymore"...................

12. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, Prange, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^ First place at ANY mower show^^^

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ^^^ First place at ANY mower show^^^

2nd place. First place was the other mower he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2021 Ford F-150 XL STX 5.0 Coyote
    2016 Ford Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost
    2010 GMC Acadia 3.6

16. Thanks Klasse Act, DFB, Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, DFB, Big Dave, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Wildtrak goes in for its new engine later this week, I wanted it clean before its goes in.

This is Can Coat EVO topped with KCx S0.02...............

I have to say, this is the longest living LSP I have applied to this car, any wax or sealant would have lasted 3 to 4 months or so before failing. For the little effort needed to apply it, Can Coat EVO is very impressive.

18. Likes Big Dave, BlakeC liked this post
Page 86 of 142 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136 ... LastLast