autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 65 of 143 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Deyon, I know you listened to the podcast I was a regular guest on but you do know what you posted here was on my "modern classic" list rightDFB's Garage That right there is not only perfection from BMW but my all time favorite BMW ever!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    That and a 4 door e36 M3 were my favorite cars in my younger years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do like a good straight 6. My 3rd car was a VL Commodore with the RB30 Nissan engine, it had a 6200rpm redline, and pulled smoothly all the way up to it. Mine was an ex-rental car with 260,000 plus I'm on it. Body rust killed it in the end

The E36 M3 is my favourite BMW, not too big or heavy, they were fast, and they handled and stopped. Real giant killers.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

4. Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I do like a good straight 6. My 3rd car was a VL Commodore with the RB30 Nissan engine, it had a 6200rpm redline, and pulled smoothly all the way up to it. Mine was an ex-rental car with 260,000 plus I'm on it. Body rust killed it in the end

The E36 M3 is my favourite BMW, not too big or heavy, they were fast, and they handled and stopped. Real giant killers.

I had a Nissan Skyline with the RB30 i sold it to a bunch of Bogans year's ago for olny $500....and they had the cheek to ask for a lower price 1989 Automagic before i sold it though i did a few skids.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post

Those RB30's were light years ahead when compared to the cast iron Holden and Falcon engines of the time. Dropping the RB30 for the 3.8 V6 was a massive step backwards, it took Holden another 16 years before they caught up, the Falcon 6 only matched the RB30 when the DOHC Barra arrived in 2002.

7. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG! It actually moves!

The XR8 has not moved in months, sitting under its cover and connected to the CTEK. But when I woke up this morning and the sun was actually shining, I knew I had to make the most of it. I usually like Easter, however the weather this year was terrible. Cold, dreary and wet.

I have to admit, I have lost a bit of interest in cars recently. But then I get back in this thing and let the Miami run free and I suddenly remember why I keep this car. That engine, an engine that is butter smooth, an engine that pulls like a freight train, an engine that makes me beg for more. It's been said many times that these cars are all about the engine and not much else, well, I'm all good with that!

So with that, it was then the XR8's turn for a detail. Starting with the wheels, I used NV Purge, tyres done with Brake Buster.

I then moved the car inside and dried the wheels with the EGO. I followed that with a rinse-less wash using my favorite combo, P&S Absolute and Bead Maker.

Once dried, I used a towel soaked in Absolute to wipe over the engine bay. Glass attended to with Invisible Glass, interior wiped with a damp towel, tyres dressed with OG Tire and the wheels given a final wipe over with Bead Maker.

Back to spec, ready to be covered and hooked up to the CTEK again.

I also did a rinse-less on the Ranger, using Bowden's Dry Spell this time. I liked this product the first time and liked it again today. Definitely worth trying if you are new this sort of thing.

And the star of my latest big garage project arrived early this morning, the only time it's ok to wake me up early on my day off!

I'm now waiting for a couple of tradesman to do their thing, and then it will be full steam ahead!

9. Likes Big Dave, Tasmania, Klasse Act, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wall mounted and hose reel incoming to match the gun and wand holder

11. Likes Klasse Act, DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranger Day.

Maintenance wash on the Wildrack first.

After doing a stock take of the chemical cabinet, some out of date and dud products finding their way into the bin, I wanted to use up some nearly empty bottles. First off, Adam's Wheel & Tire Cleaner. This product is good, but not as good as Brake Buster and won't be re-ordered. I also finished off a nearly empty bottle of McKees rubber mat cleaner, this on the other hand HAS been reordered. Gyeon Wet Coat then topped up on the wheels and wheel arches.

I then pre-foamed the car with NV Snow, finishing off the 4 liter bottle. I love this soap and will reorder at some stage, hopefully they will have got on top of the pH issues by then. For the contact wash, Gyeon Bathe was the choice today.

At which point I wonder why I don't use this soap more. It's slick, foams like a champ, rinses freely and cleans well. I have also figured out why the bottles appear blue in website pictures but turn out clear in the real world. The colouring used seems to settle to the bottom of the bottle, then congeals and stays stuck at the bottom, even with a heavy shake.

Continuing the Gyeon theme, it is coated in Can Coat after all, I decided to give their Ceramic Detailer another try.

I was pretty hard on this product after using it on my dark blue XR6, the streaking tainted the experience despite the exceptional gloss it left behind. Today, I did not spray any onto the paint itself, only applying it to the towel as I finished the drying process. This yielded much better results and left me smiling.

Finishing off the interior cleaning, I again reached for a Gyeon product, their Interior Quick Detailer. This is my least favorite of the interior QD's, but its higher alcohol content seems to work very well on screens and glossier trims. The leather was wiped down with ONR. Returning to the exterior, the tyres got a coating of Carpro Darkside.

Next, onto my Ranger and a couple of new products, starting with Ethos Foam Party.

Ethos Foam Party is a pH neutral soap with an "addictive tropical scent" and a high foaming rate. The promise of "lush, shaving cream thick suds" certainly plays out....................although I may have overdosed the foam cannon a bit! :lol

Foam Party is an excellent soap, slick and ultra foamy and a heady fragrance. As usual, the ultimate question when judging a new product is whether I would buy it again. And yes, Foam Party is on that list!

For the drying aid, it was onto another Ethos product, Pro Shine Ceramic Detail Spray.

This is a topper or standalone product that can be used on waxes, sealants or ceramic coatings. I like this aspect, meaning it will play with the variety of the products that I mess about with. Ethos also suggest that it can be used as a clay lubricant, drying aid and for light dust removal. The promise of streak free results also plays out and the scent is a pungent old school detailing product smell.

If there is one aspect I would recommend Ethos change, it would be the colorings. For example, Foam Party is similar to diluted Betadine antiseptic, in both the bucket and foam cannon...........hardly a pleasant visual in my opinion. And Pro Shine is overdosed with a purple die that is looks as if it could stain.................in fact it already had stained the bottle.

I work 6 days per week, 4 at my employer, 2 for myself. So, as you can imagine, my only day off is sacred and woe betide anyone who dares disturb that. So, getting a text message from one of my boss's at 8.03am asking me, with 27 min notice, to join a co-worker for the day to run me through her job so that I can take over while she takes extended leave next month DID NOT GO DOWN WELL.

Now, this task is something I have already done on and off over the years, so I hardly needed to be "trained". In fact, despite me already knowing the run, they chose another, female, staff member with no experience. This already had me puzzled and a little offended, so being asked on short notice to drop everything and go in on my day off was perplexing.

Am I overreacting? This person is famous for his last-minute requests, and usually gets his own way. But not today! I have worked at this place for 20 years, if they haven't figured out yet that I'm the sort of person who plans ahead and doesn't respond very well to last minute changes of mind, well they are extremely slow learners.

If the request had been made last week, then I would have worked around it. But to be sent a demanding message this morning with 27 minutes notice, well that sort of put me in a bad mood all day.

Sorry, venting.

13. Likes Big Dave, Tasmania, SNP209, Azure, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Ranger Day.

After doing a stock take of the chemical cabinet, some out of date and dud products finding their way into the bin, I wanted to use up some nearly empty bottles. First off, Adam's Wheel & Tire Cleaner. This product is good, but not as good as Brake Buster and won't be re-ordered. I also finished off a nearly empty bottle of McKees rubber mat cleaner, this on the other hand HAS been reordered. Gyeon Wet Coat then topped up on the wheels and wheel arches.

I then pre-foamed the car with NV Snow, finishing off the 4 liter bottle. I love this soap and will reorder at some stage, hopefully they will have got on top of the pH issues by then. For the contact wash, Gyeon Bathe was the choice today.

At which point I wonder why I don't use this soap more. It's slick, foams like a champ, rinses freely and cleans well. I have also figured out why the bottles appear blue in website pictures but turn out clear in the real world. The colouring used seems to settle to the bottom of the bottle, then congeals and stays stuck at the bottom, even with a heavy shake.

Continuing the Gyeon theme, it is coated in Can Coat after all, I decided to give their Ceramic Detailer another try.

I was pretty hard on this product after using it on my dark blue XR6, the streaking tainted the experience despite the exceptional gloss it left behind. Today, I did not spray any onto the paint itself, only applying it to the towel as I finished the drying process. This yielded much better results and left me smiling.

Finishing off the interior cleaning, I again reached for a Gyeon product, their Interior Quick Detailer. This is my least favorite of the interior QD's, but its higher alcohol content seems to work very well on screens and glossier trims. The leather was wiped down with ONR. Returning to the exterior, the tyres got a coating of Carpro Darkside.

Next, onto my Ranger and a couple of new products, starting with Ethos Foam Party.

Ethos Foam Party is a pH neutral soap with an "addictive tropical scent" and a high foaming rate. The promise of "lush, shaving cream thick suds" certainly plays out....................although I may have overdosed the foam cannon a bit! :lol

Foam Party is an excellent soap, slick and ultra foamy and a heady fragrance. As usual, the ultimate question when judging a new product is whether I would buy it again. And yes, Foam Party is on that list!

For the drying aid, it was onto another Ethos product, Pro Shine Ceramic Detail Spray.

This is a topper or standalone product that can be used on waxes, sealants or ceramic coatings. I like this aspect, meaning it will play with the variety of the products that I mess about with. Ethos also suggest that it can be used as a clay lubricant, drying aid and for light dust removal. The promise of streak free results also plays out and the scent is a pungent old school detailing product smell.

If there is one aspect I would recommend Ethos change, it would be the colorings. For example, Foam Party is similar to diluted Betadine antiseptic, in both the bucket and foam cannon...........hardly a pleasant visual in my opinion. And Pro Shine is overdosed with a purple die that is looks as if it could stain.................in fact it already had stained the bottle.

I work 6 days per week, 4 at my employer, 2 for myself. So, as you can imagine, my only day off is sacred and woe betide anyone who dares disturb that. So, getting a text message from one of my boss's at 8.03am asking me, with 27 min notice, to join a co-worker for the day to run me through her job so that I can take over while she takes extended leave next month DID NOT GO DOWN WELL.

Now, this task is something I have already done on and off over the years, so I hardly needed to be "trained". In fact, despite me already knowing the run, they chose another, female, staff member with no experience. This already had me puzzled and a little offended, so being asked on short notice to drop everything and go in on my day off was perplexing.

Am I overreacting? This person is famous for his last-minute requests, and usually gets his own way. But not today! I have worked at this place for 20 years, if they haven't figured out yet that I'm the sort of person who plans ahead and doesn't respond very well to last minute changes of mind, well they are extremely slow learners.

If the request had been made last week, then I would have worked around it. But to be sent a demanding message this morning with 27 minutes notice, well that sort of put me in a bad mood all day.

Sorry, venting.
    No you aren't overreacting at all. It is actually mind boggling that your management has the audacity to demand you come in on such short notice. I would be livid!

15. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranger Day.

Ethos Foam Party is a pH neutral soap with an "addictive tropical scent" and a high foaming rate. The promise of "lush, shaving cream thick suds" certainly plays out....................although I may have overdosed the foam cannon a bit! DFB's Garage

Sorry, venting.
    I hit the like button because, as usual, your detailing content is high quality.

Also because you told them to FO. Well done.

17. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Tasmania, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranger Day.

Sorry, venting.
    I was thinking how did you not get rained out? Bloody weather here has be #### since easter. Tell the boss to suck it from me.

19. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
Page 65 of 143 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115 ... LastLast