autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 51 of 142 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Hell...we're trying to get the law changed here in Illinois to not need a front plate, Covid slowed it down but I hope we get back to itDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes dgage, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stalked in the past i hope she didn't ride you too hard in that little red dress she was wearing.

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Stalked in the past i hope she didn't ride you too hard in that little red dress she was wearing.
    Well, if that "she" in the red dress was the divine Miss M, I wouldn't mind here stalking me.........................

She even likes Ford's....................

6. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd tackle that little pocket rocket anyday!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Deyon, that TWHS tire/wheel cleaner may not smell good but IMO works better than Brake Buster as far as cleaning ability. As you know Brake Buster is a great maintence cleaner and keeps the rotors from getting AS rusty but Hyper Foam pulls brown out of tires like nobody's business, something not really an issue on your fleet but those other cars you do, it's soooo rewarding to use, sans the smellDFB's Garage

Yeah I just re up’d on BB as I didn’t like that TW can’t recommend on all wheels. Will use TS or 303 on tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only times where I have been left wanting with Brake Buster is when I have diluted it. In which case, I would agree with the notion that Brake Buster is best suited for maintenance rather than hardcore cleaning. When used as P&S intended, at full strength, it's fine for deep cleaning tires and decently capable when cleaning truly dirty wheels.

If you go to the trouble of diluting Brake Buster and therefore reducing it to a "maintenance" product, then you may as well just use soap. And that's what I do for my own cars because soap nicer to use than a harsh chemical.

I find it interesting that when reading P&S product listing for Brake Buster, other than stating that it has "intense foam action", there is no mention of dilutions. I also seem to remember Bob Phillips saying that while it can be diluted, Brake Buster was not intended to be diluted.

11. Likes dgage, Coatingsarecrack, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I dilute it because i'm a cheap bugger

13. Likes dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The only times where I have been left wanting with Brake Buster is when I have diluted it. In which case, I would agree with the notion that Brake Buster is best suited for maintenance rather than hardcore cleaning. When used as P&S intended, at full strength, it's fine for deep cleaning tires and decently capable when cleaning truly dirty wheels.

If you go to the trouble of diluting Brake Buster and therefore reducing it to a "maintenance" product, then you may as well just use soap. And that's what I do for my own cars because soap nicer to use than a harsh chemical.

I find it interesting that when reading P&S product listing for Brake Buster, other than stating that it has "intense foam action", there is no mention of dilutions. I also seem to remember Bob Phillips saying that while it can be diluted, Brake Buster was not intended to be diluted.
    I agree with all of this ofcoarse but the one thing BB has going for it over soap is keeping the rotors from getting AS rusty and I'd be willing to bet is better for the other metal bits in there.

That said, I do think they should make a revision in the directions about diluting it because it has to be when used in a foamer, any foamer and would add a layer of honestly to a noon user of the product and thus probably sell more product in the futureDFB's Garage

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest decal additions to the garage.................

Once upon a time, you would collect things like this at motor shows. Sadly, those are a thing of the past, at least in Australia. Redbubble to the rescue then.................

Awesome products designed by independent artists | Redbubble

17. Likes Big Dave, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Latest decal additions to the garage.................

Once upon a time, you would collect things like this at motor shows. Sadly, those are a thing of the past, at least in Australia. Redbubble to the rescue then.................

Awesome products designed by independent artists | Redbubble
    Yeah, nobody gives them away anymore. I have an old cabinet in the garage, I've been hunting decals to put on it. I've been to all the major auto parts stores, no one has any, not even their own brands. There's a couple of brands you might recognise.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

19. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 51 of 142 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast