autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 18 of 142 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

I know this might be a shock to some, but I actually got some time to drive the Mustang over the last couple of days. Enough to need cleaning? Probably not. Enough to give me an excuse to clean it? Absolutely!

I tend to work in circles with products, soaps, drying aids and tire dressings in particular. After playing with a variety of products over the last few weeks, it was nice to return to a few favorites in the form of GSF, OG Drying Aid and OG Tire Dressing.

OG Drying Aid is just so easy to play with, no streaking, no excessive buffing, just wipe on and wipe off for glossy perfection. I can't wait to be able to have easy access to it in the coming months.

This week's new product to try was Koch Chemie All Surface Cleaner ASC.

ASC is a residue and streak free mild cleaner for use on a variety of interior surfaces. Being a part of their "blue line", I gather this has an alcohol base like other similar products on the market such as Carpro InnerQD or Meguiar's QID. Koch recommend spraying the product directly onto the surface to be cleaned, and I guess that would be correct for dirtier interiors. I like to use these by spraying them into a towel until damp, then wiping across the areas to be cleaned or dusted. This is a very easy product to use and doesn't leave behind a slick or greasy finish. I think I still prefer InnerQD, mainly because of the scent.

I also decided to clean the leather seats, door trims, steering wheel and console lid today with Colour Lock Mild Leather Cleaner and the Colour Lock Brush. Not that these areas were particularly bad, although the driver's seat was starting to get a little shiny.

Once cleaned, I followed up with Colour Lock Leather Protector, applied with their specific sponge.

As mentioned, today's tire choice was OG Tire Dressing. During the wash, I had used a fresh batch of Shine Supply Wise Guy, which I followed up with a scrub with Stoners Tarminator to really strip then down good and proper. I then applied the dressing with a brush, left to sit for 15 minutes and then buffed off to an even finish. The wheels were then given a wipe over with some NV Boost v1.

I also took delivery of two more Solo sprayers. One of those will be used in my gardening business, the other I haven't decided on yet. And after a quick demo, I also managed to convince my employer to get two for the nursery! :dance

I mentioned last week the XR8 was my favorite car, well the Mustang is my favorite car to detail.

2. Likes Tasmania, Big Dave, Azure, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just bought myself one so i can save the trigger finger

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use KochChemie ASC in my house on about everything. It does very well, even in the bathroom. I wish it was sold in gallons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I use KochChemie ASC in my house on about everything. It does very well, even in the bathroom. I wish it was sold in gallons.
    ASC is available in 5 liter / 1.32 gallon size bottles

7. Thanks Azure thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    ASC is available in 5 liter / 1.32 gallon size bottles
    I just checked after reading this. This is great! I think I like it in the house more than anything.

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DFB all the Solo sprayers are on back order till December

I tried telling them i'm a special case but the place i thought i bought mine from said
    Santa Claus is busy making them.

11. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    DFB all the Solo sprayers are on back order till December

I tried telling them i'm a special case but the place i thought i bought mine from said
    Santa Claus is busy making them.
    I got mine from Dural Irrigation, still available to order -
    Solo 460 1 Litre Battery Power Hand Sprayer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I got mine from Dural Irrigation, still available to order -
    Solo 460 1 Litre Battery Power Hand Sprayer
    That's where i went description says not available till mid December

14. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    That's where i went description says not available till mid December
    Ahh, sorry, my bad. Odd that they put it in the product description rather than having the usual SOLD OUT tab.

16. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I have been chasing this for months now, but I had the next phase of my garage improvements delivered today.

Actually, this is something I have been wanting for longer than that. I have become to appreciate how useful compressed air is in detailing, especially in combination with a Tornador gun.

Currently, my air tools are driven via a pretty basic hose that is looped on the end of my air compressor when not in use. Being stored like that, the hose has memory and is frustrating to use as it binds up and snags as I move about the garage.

It took me many hours researching and reading about the various compressed air standards, something I found so complicated with countless thread standards, fittings and hose size options. Complicating the matter was the want to have the air reel matching the Recoila electrical reel, except I didn't like Recoila air hose options, so I had to compromise and go with a Retracta. Actually, I would have preferred to have both of these reels to be Retracta from the beginning, I think they look better, but Macnaught don't offer power reels in their range.

This air reel will be mounted on the opposite side to my power cord reel that I installed a few months ago.

The Retracta-Flex hoses offer superior flexibility & kink resistance and are memory free, meaning it lays flat on the floor. The bend restrictor installed on the outlet is a bonus too.

I also managed to find a supplier in Australia that sold the Prevost S1 couplers, a direct fit to the new hose. Included in my order were Euro-High-Flow fittings to convert my current tools to work with the S1 coupler.

The hard bit now is finding some time to install it all.

18. Likes Tasmania, dgage, Azure, Big Dave, Klasse Act liked this post
Page 18 of 142 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast