autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The chemical bottles are only half full, still generous though. The wax's and clay bars are naturally full quantities though.

I'm researching information on all of the products in that collection. Considering Auto Foam and Touchless are both high-pH soaps, what separates these two?
    Touchless is sugar based and has a slightly different pH level. I had a gallon of each and when I need more I'm getting a gallon of Touchless because of the sugar-base.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Touchless is sugar based and has a slightly different pH level. I had a gallon of each and when I need more I'm getting a gallon of Touchless because of the sugar-base.

Are there usage differences though, as in is one better than the other? I guess them being used for essentially the same task has me confused about the existence of both in the range.

Post Thanks / Like

Are there usage differences though, as in is one better than the other? I guess them being used for essentially the same task has me confused about the existence of both in the range.
    Bilt Hamber Touch-less or Autofoam snow foam cleaning power test - YouTube

This is probably the best way to explain it, by one of the best in the business and the guy who got me into Bilt-Hamber products DFB's GarageDFB's Garage

4. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it looks like Ford will be gifting their patient potential customers with pricing details for the S650 Mustang at 3pm Thursday 26th October, as confirmed by my salesman today. He also confirmed my build spec and allocation date, which lifts some weight off my shoulders. But............

On another forum I frequent, apparently there are "gonna be some upset people tomorrow".

My prediction, Darkhorse will in fact be well over $100,000, I'm thinking at least $115,000. For an GT Hardtop, I'm thinking around $89,000 + options + on-road costs. With Magneride and the 10-speed, a humble Ford Mustang would suddenly become a $100,000 car.

Really, really hoping the above is off the mark, because I have a hard time believing a Ford is worth that much. Sure, it has a V8, but it certainly doesn't have the quality to command that sort of money.

6. Likes Klasse Act, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, they're probably going to charge whatever they think they can get away with. This goes for most things that we have to source from overseas, as you know. I hope they don't hit you too hard.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

8. Likes Klasse Act, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it looks like Ford will be gifting their patient potential customers with pricing details for the S650 Mustang at 3pm Thursday 26th October, as confirmed by my salesman today. He also confirmed my build spec and allocation date, which lifts some weight off my shoulders. But............

On another forum I frequent, apparently there are "gonna be some upset people tomorrow".

My prediction, Darkhorse will in fact be well over $100,000, I'm thinking at least $115,000. For an GT Hardtop, I'm thinking around $89,000 + options + on-road costs. With Magneride and the 10-speed, a humble Ford Mustang would suddenly become a $100,000 car.

Really, really hoping the above is off the mark, because I have a hard time believing a Ford is worth that much. Sure, it has a V8, but it certainly doesn't have the quality to command that sort of money.
    I'd have to love it for that kind of scratch, ($100k AU is about $63k USD). And that's the starting price.

A question: what are your alternatives there?

Post Thanks / Like

Mazda Miata ND2 | Already a Classic Car - YouTube

Is this an option DeyonDFB's Garage

11. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post
    I'd have to love it for that kind of scratch, ($100k AU is about $63k USD). And that's the starting price.

A question: what are your alternatives there?
    There is no V8 car from any brand under $100,000 AUD these days. Ford have the market to themselves and are pricing accordingly. The next option would be a Lexus RCF, which is out of my price range.

Otherwise, Toyota Supra and Nissan Z are similar sports cars under $100K. Neither 100% do it for me, the Z in particular.

Mazda Miata ND2 | Already a Classic Car - YouTube

Is this an option DeyonDFB's Garage

I appreciate them, but not enough to buy one. Same applies to the BRZ / 86 twins.

Supra is enticing, but I don't love the styling or simulated engine note pumped through the audio system.

A previous gen BMW M2 in some form is one of the better-looking BMW's in recent years, an engine layout I love, but I would be shopping used.

Some form of flat-6 Porsche, say a Cayman or Boxter. Love how they sound. But would be shopping well used at this price point.

A Jaguar F-Type would be at the top of my list, but I can't get near the supercharged V8 version that interests me most. Amazing, every single JLR product depreciates like a stone, except for the F-Type. Typical. Again, shopping well used.

Which leaves the Mustang. A naturally aspirated, high revving V8, something I can't buy anywhere else new for the price I have been shown earlier today pre-embargo lift.

13. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So a CPO'd M2 is out of the question because it's used or do you only buy newDFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

So a CPO'd M2 is out of the question because it's used or do you only buy newDFB's Garage

I'd just prefer to buy new and be the first owner. I know that is shallow, but I've been bitten in the past buying used cars and dealing with differed maintenance ect.

16. Likes Prange, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
Page 109 of 142 FirstFirst ... 95999100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast