autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vacation Detailing Project - Take Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I'd been thinking about buying Descale now for a while and finally pulled the trigger. It was after seeing you use it outside on you vacation projects, since all my washing is outside as well. I bought a 500ml bottle from AG to give it a try. Does Descale tend to dry up any faster than your typical car soap? Sometimes I have to wash in the sun and one of the reasons for not trying it was because I was worrying about it drying before I was able to get my wash on LOL.
    That is pretty hard to gauge for a couple of reasons.

-It's late Autumn here so the outside temps have been pretty mild, think 68 deg F.

-My uses of Descale till present have all been on overcast days or light rain.

In these conditions, it was not something I had to worry about in regards to it drying on the paint. Overall the dwell time is pretty long for Descale, and Lift for that matter too. However, I would probably be showing caution or working faster if the sun was out on a warm day.

Descale is well worth having though.

2. Thanks Azure thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So satisfying to watch your great detailing work!

You seems like a guy who want to test out somethings. Don't know if you have a lot of rain where you live or dew during the nights. For the rearview mirrors outside and if you have a camera when you backing with any of your vehicals. I tried Soft99 Glaco Mirror Coat Zero on these parts. And actually it works quite good. It sheets any water of the mirrors or lenses. Sure when they get dirty the effect goes away. But pretty handy to have actually. It holds up a couple of months only so it's needed to be reapplied quite often. And for me personally who uses a lot of spray on rinse off products. It's not great to have this Vacation Detailing Project - Take Seven But with my own car I want to get away from these more and more if possible. They are so easy to use for me that have nerve damages that's bad. So easy to top up the LSP that way.

Here's a picture of it. And I thought it where a gimmick thing Vacation Detailing Project - Take Seven But for what it is it's a decent thing that I mostly apply when going into the winter months.

Also I think that I've seen it on here at the forum. Meguiars has a headlight coating that's like a clearcoat thick. And holds up for a longer time. Don't remember what's it called. If it's the protection it self that's the problem from factory. It could be worth to sanding it off. When you sanding headlights you get like a yellowish residue from the protection/clearcoat. So with p600-p800 sanding until you you get a more white residue. Is the tell that you are into the plastic. Spraymax 2k clearcoat in a spraycan is something that also works for a longer time if you don't want to be polishing so often and just be done with it. Or if you are able to get hold of an adhisive promoter primer that's clear for plastic. Some paintshops has this. Then you can paint with normal clearcoat and it will be better than new. Just some friendly tips if you want to take care of it for a longer while. But it's not a harsh polishing you needing to be doing so that works great for you maybe. Something like Carpro DLUX would last a long time on the headlights as well.

Skickat från min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

4. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    So satisfying to watch your great detailing work!

You seems like a guy who want to test out somethings. Don't know if you have a lot of rain where you live or dew during the nights. For the rearview mirrors outside and if you have a camera when you backing with any of your vehicals. I tried Soft99 Glaco Mirror Coat Zero on these parts. And actually it works quite good. It sheets any water of the mirrors or lenses. Sure when they get dirty the effect goes away. But pretty handy to have actually. It holds up a couple of months only so it's needed to be reapplied quite often. And for me personally who uses a lot of spray on rinse off products. It's not great to have this Vacation Detailing Project - Take Seven But with my own car I want to get away from these more and more if possible. They are so easy to use for me that have nerve damages that's bad. So easy to top up the LSP that way.

Here's a picture of it. And I thought it where a gimmick thing Vacation Detailing Project - Take Seven But for what it is it's a decent thing that I mostly apply when going into the winter months.

Also I think that I've seen it on here at the forum. Meguiars has a headlight coating that's like a clearcoat thick. And holds up for a longer time. Don't remember what's it called. If it's the protection it self that's the problem from factory. It could be worth to sanding it off. When you sanding headlights you get like a yellowish residue from the protection/clearcoat. So with p600-p800 sanding until you you get a more white residue. Is the tell that you are into the plastic. Spraymax 2k clearcoat in a spraycan is something that also works for a longer time if you don't want to be polishing so often and just be done with it. Or if you are able to get hold of an adhisive promoter primer that's clear for plastic. Some paintshops has this. Then you can paint with normal clearcoat and it will be better than new. Just some friendly tips if you want to take care of it for a longer while. But it's not a harsh polishing you needing to be doing so that works great for you maybe. Something like Carpro DLUX would last a long time on the headlights as well.

Skickat från min SM-T736B via Tapatalk
    Both Soft99 Glaco Mirror Coat Zero and the Megs Headlight kit are sold locally, I will look into them.

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The work you do on your vehicles and then the time you put in writing and posting on here is amazing! Huge hats off to you sir!!
    And what a great way to spend some vacation doing something you enjoy and just relaxing not thinking too much doing it, just being able to shutoff from everything in life and turn the tunes on and have a couple drinks hanging with the dog or any buddies/family that stop on by and getting lost in the details (pun intended). Throw the clock in a drawer for a week or 2.

8. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Azure, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    That is pretty hard to gauge for a couple of reasons.

-It's late Autumn here so the outside temps have been pretty mild, think 68 deg F.

-My uses of Descale till present have all been on overcast days or light rain.

In these conditions, it was not something I had to worry about in regards to it drying on the paint. Overall the dwell time is pretty long for Descale, and Lift for that matter too. However, I would probably be showing caution or working faster if the sun was out on a warm day.

Descale is well worth having though.
    Appreciate for the info!

I've seen so many posts on AG with use of Hyper Dressing that I've been thinking about keeping it on hand. I went ahead and bought some with my Descale order, all be it the small spray bottle. It figures that I want it, now that there is a problem with Meg being able to stock the shelves due to silicone shortages LOL.

10. Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With respect to the headlights I'd rather do it myself than a delear some spare OEM clips and some trim tools and a friend boom done.

Have you thought of putting the Mustang style one's in the ranger?

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Appreciate for the info!

I've seen so many posts on AG with use of Hyper Dressing that I've been thinking about keeping it on hand. I went ahead and bought some with my Descale order, all be it the small spray bottle. It figures that I want it, now that there is a problem with Meg being able to stock the shelves due to silicone shortages LOL.
    Being that it's not as widely known about in Australia and the fact things move much SLOWER down here, Hyper Dressing is still easy enough to get here.

Another option for you would be Koch Chemie Motorplaste, and 303 works almost as good also.

14. Thanks Azure thanked for this post
    Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    With respect to the headlights I'd rather do it myself than a dealer some spare OEM clips and some trim tools and a friend boom done.

Have you thought of putting the Mustang style one's in the ranger?
    I have looked at them a few times, but I do prefer keeping the OE look on my cars.

I actually have just ordered a plastic engine cover to clean up the appearance of the engine bay. These povo spec Rangers don't come with a cover, although the push pins that one would attach to are already there.

A pointless addition but in keeping with the OE theme. Now I'm pondering what to dress it with when it turns up.

16. Likes Tasmania, dgage, oneheadlite, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to reality............

18. Likes Tasmania, SNP209, Klasse Act, dgage, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very well done, that white is SUPER glossy now! Great work!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

20. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast