autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tacoma Polish

Post Thanks / Like

Tacoma Polish

Finished a full correction on my 2001 Tacoma that I purchased on Election Day 2000. GG 3” and 6” polishers with GG orange and LC white pads with Meguiars 205 and GG Correcting Creme. Finished with Collinite 845, GG Trim Restorer on fender flares and Meguiars Hyper dressing on the tires. Not perfect but really happy with the 20 year old paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tacoma Polish-e97a6164-7b37-4641-a440-985182165084-jpeg   Tacoma Polish-44e898e5-d85a-47a7-8703-50ae93a1cc44-jpeg   Tacoma Polish-c9900a39-45a6-4ada-a0c9-d9e669dfaec6-jpeg   Tacoma Polish-32fa4b0d-229a-4465-8767-f4a44cac2ab1-jpeg  

2. Likes SANTA3013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tacoma Polish

That’s a beautiful Tacoma! You’re underselling your work, it looks phenomenal. Which area of the country do you live? It’s very clean.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! It was a daily driver for about 4 yrs and recreational use/Lowe’s trips since so it’s low mileage and stays in the garage most of the time. I’m in East Tn so our winters are pretty mild. If I had learned about 2 bucket washes years ago, the correction would have been much easier. I’m really thankful for all I have learned from this forum and the AG YouTube content with Mike Phillips.

Post Thanks / Like

Truck looks awesome....very nice work.

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking 20 year old paint! Very well done!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneK View Post
    Thanks! It was a daily driver for about 4 yrs and recreational use/Lowe’s trips since so it’s low mileage and stays in the garage most of the time. I’m in East Tn so our winters are pretty mild. If I had learned about 2 bucket washes years ago, the correction would have been much easier. I’m really thankful for all I have learned from this forum and the AG YouTube content with Mike Phillips.
    Awesome! My Dad is from Eastern TN. Still one of my favorite places to visit. May retire there in ~20 years.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneK View Post
    I’m in Ktown and don’t feel the winter is so mild today but compared to the north or Alaska where I once lived, yeah, pretty mild. Welcome!

I actually stopped using the 2 bucket method and use a single bucket with 7-10 towels instead of a single mitt. Wash a panel with a single towel using both sides and then it goes into a dirty towel bucket. Then get the next towel from the wash bucket for the next panel. Only clean towels touch my paint so no need to worry about rinsing out dirt or grit guards. I use the multiple towel method with a regular wash or a rinseless wash.

Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I’m in Ktown and don’t feel the winter is so mild today but compared to the north or Alaska where I once lived, yeah, pretty mild. Welcome!

I actually stopped using the 2 bucket method and use a single bucket with 7-10 towels instead of a single mitt. Wash a panel with a single towel using both sides and then it goes into a dirty towel bucket. Then get the next towel from the wash bucket for the next panel. Only clean towels touch my paint so no need to worry about rinsing out dirt or grit guards. I use the multiple towel method with a regular wash or a rinseless wash.

Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel
    I can see how that would almost eliminate swirls especially if the paint isn’t too dirty. I will have to give it a try. Thanks for the advice!

Post Thanks / Like

That truck looks fantastic! Makes me miss my 2000 Tacoma.

Hello from Greene Co.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hollerstiltner View Post
    That truck looks fantastic! Makes me miss my 2000 Tacoma.

Hello from Greene Co.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I’m in the Kingsport area so practically neighbors.