autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ordered next car

Bill - I have a PC, a griots, and Rupes and plenty of pads and producst so I should be able to handle the condition it arrives in . I plan on a full detail w polish anyway before coating so if there is some swirling I should be able to knock it out. My CLS has white paint and it is really hard, that one is a challenge to work on. But her current car is some flavor of red and that one corrects just fine so i'm hoping this blue metallic will be the same.

I don't think the dealer cares what I do w the car once the lease is up - meaning buying outright vs leasing another car. I think they prefer to have customers lease a new car as they can sell the current as CPO or send it to auction. If not, they get there money either way if I buy it out. My wife likes to change our her cars every few years so leasing works for us.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

So the car arrived today at the dealer and they already did me the “favor” of cleaning it up. W the craziness of the pandemic I forgot to tell them not to clean it. Oh well, since I can’t coach soccer on the weekends right now I guess I will have plenty of time to detail it.

I’m honesty conflicted on taking delivery during the pandemic. Kinda feel like I can do without it but at the same time I know I will need it in a few months and this one was built to my liking as opposed to all other cars I have ever owned. In a few months I think there will be a shortage on available cars. The dealer is also giving me a really good deal. Gonna think about it for a day or two and then decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

3. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. There really isn't any difference to the dealer in terms of buy vs. lease. I usually let my dealer unwrap and inspect the car but do minimal detailing. I've had good luck at the last couple of dealers I've worked with. After speaking with my salesperson, once of the reasons why they do not like turning over a dirty car is the risk of the owner finding a defect and holding the manufacturer or the dealer responsible. They like to peel off the wrapping and clean the car to make sure that it arrived from the shipper without any damage. The last thing they want is you coming back with paint damage and having it be somewhat ambiguous as to who caused it or where it happened.

I will tell you though that on my current Mercedes, I did have a problem with the driver's side front fender. The car looked amazing when I picked it up. That was in December. Since it's Chicago, I had to wait a couple of months to do a full detail. When I went hands on, I noticed that around a square foot of paint with straight edges was dull. It almost looked like the wrapping may have been placed on the car when the clear wasn't fully hard. I initially freaked out, but a few focused passes with the rotary and some M105, and it was perfect. It cost me a half hour, but I was happy to not have the bring it back to the dealer.

5. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    So the car arrived today at the dealer and they already did me the “favor” of cleaning it up. W the craziness of the pandemic I forgot to tell them not to clean it. Oh well, since I can’t coach soccer on the weekends right now I guess I will have plenty of time to detail it.

I’m honesty conflicted on taking delivery during the pandemic. Kinda feel like I can do without it but at the same time I know I will need it in a few months and this one was built to my liking as opposed to all other cars I have ever owned. In a few months I think there will be a shortage on available cars. The dealer is also giving me a really good deal. Gonna think about it for a day or two and then decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good time to negotiate. You hold the Joker.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you don’t like this dealer, because if you stick them with the car you asked them to order for you, all the favors you got in future will go bye bye.

Also the next time you ask them to order your one, good luck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Merlin, that's a good point as to why the dealer would not want to hand the car over dirty. Never thought about it from that perspective.

Ousudelt69 - I do like this dealership a lot. This wouldn't be car #6 from them if I didn't like them. I'm not too worried about them being less willing to negotiate with me in the future if I chose not to pick it up because of the current pandemic situation. Even people in sales have hearts, lol. I'm in sales myself.

9. Likes osudelt69 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12