This belongs to the wife of my uncle. She has owned it for 6 months. It is a 2019 Blazer RS in nightfall gray metallic. There was a break in the rain the day after thanksgiving and I took advantage of it.

It received the typical chemical decontamination, wash, mechanical decontamination along with chemically decontaminating the wheels and cleaning the tires.

After claying and visually inspecting the paint there was some water spots that were on the hood, front roof and a couple minor ones on the mirrors. These water spots are etched to the point where chemically and mechanically polishing/compounding was not removing them. At this point I left them as is. One has to make the call on when enough is enough without making things worse while maintaining the integrity of the clear coat.

Other than that the paint was defect free.

Even the pillars looked good.

The process was polishing with Essence on Rupes yellow foam pad. Essence sat overnight after the initial wipe off and lightly prep wiped the following day with Eraser. The paint was then coated with two coats of Cquartz Lite. Topped off with Drexler Ceramic #3 Top Coat Care silica spray sealant the following day.

I chose to use Drexler as I am not a fan of Reload's overall performance.

Wheels were prep wiped with Eraser, coated with Cquartz Lite and topped off the following day with Drexler Ceramic #3 Top Coat Care silica spray sealant the following day. A wheels off is a job for another day as they could use a good polishing.

The glass was also polished and coated. The glass was decontaminated during the prep process. The front was polished with McKee’s 37 Glass Restorer Polish, prep wiped with Eraser and followed up with a double coat of Drexler Ceramic Glass Coat.

The side and rear glass was polished with Essence during the polishing phase, prep wiped with Eraser during the paint prep wipe and coated with one coat of Drexler Ceramic Glass Coat. This is an experiment to see if Essence plays well on glass topped with a glass coating.

The interior was cleaned up as well. All leather was cleaned and coated with Cquartz Leather. The plastic was cleaned with CarPro Inside at 1:1 and dressed with Gyeon Preserve.

The piano trim on the center console was polished with Essence on a Rupes yellow foam pad using the iBrid nano. It was prep wiped with Eraser and coated with Cquartz UK.

The finishing touch

Final images

Products used.

Meguiar’s D1801
McKee’s Coating Prep Wash
Mckee’s glass restorer polish
Drexler Ceramic Glass Coat
CarPro Perl 1:1
CarPro DLUX
Essence
Cquartz Lite
Drexler Ceramic #3 Top Coat Care