Hello my Autogeek Online Family & friends.

So, this Toyota Hilux is the truck that saw a picture I took of my test spot go crazy in the Instagram world, & it came up somewhere again the other day & I thought - I don’t think I shared this on AGO.

I had a look but I couldn’t find it so I guess I never made a thread about it.

So here goes.

I have a reputation around these parts for turning around truck like this & that’s mainly because there are stacks of trucks (utes as we call them) around these parts. The owner of this one had not long owned it at the time, he purchased it New & he lived almost 100 miles away in another City/Town.

Being his first “New” car purchased he was quite proud of it & wanted to take good care of it. Here’s where it gets ugly!

He decided to throw his dog box on the back one day & head for the hills for a pig hunt. A wee way off the beaten track the path he had taken got narrow & well, we call it “bush bashing” down under. Little did he know that the shrubbery he was driving through was doing its best to wreak his new paintwork . . .

To cut the story short by a long way - he found us, we agreed to take a look at it, educated him, & at the end of the day we came to an understanding that if I were to carry out any work he would have to refrain from taking this one bush again. He really wanted to have a Ceramic Coating installed & I was hesitant but we agreed that I would carry out this request but no warranty would be given & more education followed . . .

Anyway, on to the truck in question - these pictures were taken after wash, decontamination etc & ouch! It was ugly!

Pretty nasty huh!

My first attempt at a test spot didn’t wield great results, we would’ve got there in the end I guess but I’m thinking it would have taken twice as long. Best results & a whole lot faster were had with this combination - Flex 3401, Lake Country Manufacturing Low Lint Wool Pads & CarPro ClearCUT for the chopping!
Flex 3401, Lake Country Manufacturing White Hybrid Force Pads, Meguiars M205 for the polishing & the refining was again - Flex 3401, CarPro Gloss Pads & CarPro Essence.

This next picture is the one that went a little crazy on Instagram, not viral but certainly a fair bit of interest. This is ONLY & I really mean ONLY Lake Country Manufacturing Low Lint Wool & CarPro ClearCUT, that’s it. Not bad huh.

That’s about all I can say. The rest was simply - Chop, Polish, Refine, Repeat.
Ceramic Coating was installed & everyone was happy.

I’ll leave you with the beauty shots . . .

Thank you all for stopping by & checking it out.

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline