autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

interior nightmare - 2010 Sequoia and its all mine

My plan of attack
    • Shop Vac from the ceiling to the floor. ( throw out floor mats and order a black set. order new rear center console.
    • Damp cloth to remove the filth from dash and all plastics.
    • A mix of warm water, Oxy Clean, dawn and alcohol for the carpet.
    • Damp cloth for seats
    • disassemble as much as I can, gear lever, cup holder, center console etc., and soak then finish with Megs intr on the dash.

Not sure what works best on Toyota leather. They recommend that you only use water but I fear we are past that.
    I'm going to wait for winter to pass before I really get into cleaning and deodorizing the carpet. Will need a little help from the sun.

Any tips on tools or products to remove paint, deep set in oil stains, scratches in the plastic and odors are appreciated. This was used as a work truck so much of the leather and carpet has serious grease stains. The pics don't show how bad it really is.

Shared album - David Spriggs - Google Photos

Post Thanks / Like

Re: interior nightmare - 2010 Sequoia and its all mine

Hmmmm I gotta figure out how to make the images bigger

Post Thanks / Like

interior nightmare - 2010 Sequoia and its all mine

And clearer! But Megs APC works great! Degreaser at 10:1 also helped me out on some tough stains but try out first in inconspicuous area in case it stains the carpet
    I’m guessing you bought this used so would Also recommend cleaning interior glass with McKee’s 2020 glass cleaner should remove years of filth off the windows no problem and probably help prevent fog on the interior windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Just a heads up. Have you tested that chemical mix before? As some chemicals when mixed can be very bad for you and worst case even be fatal. Mostly if one has oxidizing agents. And working with that in a vehicals interior where the air stands still more is not so good at all. McKees 37 and optimum and 3D and Meguiars others has a dedicated carpet cleaning or an APC or a degreaser that works on interiors. For your healths sake it will be worth it.
    Ultima Interior Schampo Gel is a cleaner I like that is both gentle and versitale. It's a little more pricey since you don't dilute it. But it's nice to know you don't need to follow up with a damp mf towel to wipe it off. Just use a mf towel to wipe it off and then move on to the next section. That's one thing with useing dawn as I understand it's a dish soap and leaves much of surfactans left if not able to thoroughly rinse it off.

Aggitations helps the cleaners to be more effective. So brushes of different size and damp mf towels so you don't soak up the cleaners directly is great to have. If your shop vac can handle to soak up water it's great. As you can be working with more chemicals amount and water for rinse it off with soaking it up with the shop vac.

There are many odor elimenators available and some have fragrance in them. If it has an AC in the car I would switch the cabin air filter anyways but then run an AC-bomb to clean out the air vents from bad odor and the bacteria in there. Megs have with different smells. And do this as a last step when cleaning is done.

Meguiars Air Re-Fresher Odor Eliminator - Citrus Grove Scent

If you upload the pictures to your personal gallery here. You have a ready to use code under the pictures that you can copy and paste in your comment and get bigger pictures. And an app that's called Tapatalk is also great when uploading pictures.

/ Tony

5. Likes mbkite, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Just a heads up. Have you tested that chemical mix before? As some chemicals when mixed can be very bad for you"
    Yes, Ive used it a few times with no issues to my health of the carpet. Cleans rather well.

That's one thing with useing dawn as I understand it's a dish soap and leaves much of surfactans left if not able to thoroughly rinse it off. TRUE, however I don't use much dawn

/ Tony
    Thanks Tony. I appreciate the well thought out tips
    I uploaded the pics using the photo manager here. I used my Nikon and had to convert the photos to jpg and scale down as they were huge. I think thats where the problem is. Ill upload to google and share an album

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Breese147 View Post
    I’m guessing you bought this used so would Also recommend cleaning interior glass with McKee’s 2020 glass cleaner
    Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Had to replace the front windshield however all he others are very dirty and yes, they don't appear to be getting clean. I will try McKees. Thanks

9. Likes Breese147 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Just a heads up. Have you tested that chemical mix before? As some chemicals when mixed can be very bad for you and worst case even be fatal. Mostly if one has oxidizing agents. And working with that in a vehicals interior where the air stands still more is not so good at all.
    Sound advice. Mixing chemicals at home can be very dangerous. The only mixing that you should do is with water only. Mixing acids and bases together can be a disaster. Did you ever hear stories about people mixing ammonia and bleach? If you want to try different compounds then try them by themselves. Maybe try the warm water and Oxyclean first. If that doesn't work then try the Dawn. Rinse it well with plain water then try some rubbing alcohol although I would not recommend alcohol on fabric.