Hey there people.

It’s been a fair while since I have shared a ‘Show N’ Shine’ & although I have lost my ‘before’ pictures due to technology stealing them I figured this car was pretty enough just to show off the ‘afters’.

So lately I have been getting an influx of cars from a couple of local body shops wanting that finishing touch. For me this is a compliment because obviously they see us as good enough to finish what they started.

On the other hand - I’m proud of these two ‘youngsters’ (both young painters that have gone out on their own & opened shop) for taking that step to properly ‘finish’ the vehicles they work on.

So this ‘54 Ford had just been completed after a seven year restoration. Overall when it got to me it wasn’t too bad. It had the holograms I was expecting, the compound in the grooves & gaps, & its share of overlooked overspray in the glass & bright work. The interior was pretty good, the usual build fingerprints & body shop dust was present but no big deal.

Interior was treated to a thorough vacuum, glass cleaning & the tin work was done with CarPro Reload for a bit of gloss & protection.

The exterior was attacked like so - waterless wash with CarPro ech2o, with plenty of attention to those gaps & crevices, engine bay etc & after a few spots of overspray was found, a fine clay ensured a clean, smooth surface. A thorough IPA wipe down with Eraser to see the true condition of the paintwork. Aside from the holograms inflicted by the painter after having done the wet sanding side of things there were only a few areas where sanding marks, de nibbling was apparent. Easy stuff really.

Test spot revealed that Lake Country Orange SDO pads with 3D ONE removed any defects with around six passes & switching out to Lake Country White Hybrid Force pads for the refining steps, again with 3D ONE. LSP - Feynlab Ceramic Lite.

On to the Beauty shots.

This was a very nicely done restoration & it ran & drove as good as it looked too.
Thank you all for checking in & having a look.

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline