autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Goodbye WRX, Hello Civic Si! New Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Cool! Adding parts to a brand new car, why not?! And here I am waiting for the end of my truck's warranty before I tune out AFM.

I was asking about the WRX because I figured that if I ever bought an import, a WRX fits my bill. I fell in love with them back in 03 when a friend got one of the first 04 STi's in the state. So much fun to drive, but not sure about commuting in.

Enjoy the Si. It looks awesome.
    This is almost exactly what happened to me. I wasn't really into imports until I drove an 04 Sti and I was hooked. Incredible traction and low end torque, I was sold. The 04-07 Sti reminds me of the muscle car era. Not the best fit and finish, plain interior but a lot of performance and fun that can be afforded by a blue collar man. Yes they are not fun to commute in but as a track toy or weekend car, they are great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    This is almost exactly what happened to me. I wasn't really into imports until I drove an 04 Sti and I was hooked. Incredible traction and low end torque, I was sold. The 04-07 Sti reminds me of the muscle car era. Not the best fit and finish, plain interior but a lot of performance and fun that can be afforded by a blue collar man. Yes they are not fun to commute in but as a track toy or weekend car, they are great.
    Definitely, they were awesome when they hit the roads. I don't care too much about plain interiors etc, I am more a fan of the mechanical stuff. Part of the attraction to the WRX for me would be having a quick car that would be a riot to drive in the winter.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

I love how the tune necessitates an upgraded clutch! I'm sure a DP, high flow cat, intake and exhaust are up soon (and rims ofcoarse!) Before you know it you'll be neck and neck with Type RGoodbye WRX, Hello Civic Si!  New Daily DriverGoodbye WRX, Hello Civic Si!  New Daily Driver

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Like others I had a subie too, fun when not broken and driving hard. Gets old for a daily. I remember taking it to the Smoky mountains the drive was loud with the exhaust and driving 80 mph for hours Goodbye WRX, Hello Civic Si!  New Daily Driver then sitting in traffic on the different auto drives through the mountains that was fun lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, this whole tread lines up with my initial impressions after test driving a WRX last spring. Glad I didn’t bite at the time.

Congrats, Nick! Does this mean your selling the Honda Fit too?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick McKees37 View Post
    I swore it would never happen, but my (2016) WRX started to get stale. Yes it was an absolute BLAST to drive at 10/10ths, but as a daily driver / family vehicle, my patience was starting to wear thin. Much like a new girlfriend, the quirks that didn't bother me at first started to get on my nerves. Plus, the (solid red) paint was a nightmare to deal with. There was simply no joy in detailing it.

I was planning on picking up a new Civic Type-R once the dealerships dropped the ridiculous mark up ($10k in my area), but after seeing one in person for the first time at the Autogeek booth at SEMA, that plan quickly changed. The Type-R is simply too rambunctious looking for my style. I like to fly under the radar, and that simply isn't possible with a Type-R. Maybe I'm getting old.

Long story short, I paid a visit to my local Honda dealer the day after getting home from SEMA. They had a few Civic Si's in stock, but unfortunately none of them were SILVER. Shucks. So I packed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and made my south to Delray Honda.

Two hours later, I was driving home in a new Civic Si, confident in my decision to unload the WRX. Someone else will enjoy it, especially with all the work I had done to it (stage 2).

Honda did a fantastic job with the new Si. It is light years ahead of my 2013 Si, which I swapped out for the WRX on my son's 8th birthday.

Within a week of taking delivery of the new Si, I had a Ktuner installed with a stage 1 tune. The car is a blast.

The gloss you see below is courtesy of McKee's 37 FAST Polish followed by McKee's 37 Hydro Blue.

Nice! Congrats. I bought a 2017 solid red Si a few months ago. Haven't detailed it yet. You know, shoemaker's kid. Hope my paint isn't as tough to detail as your Subbie's paint. You on CivicX forums?
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I love how the tune necessitates an upgraded clutch! I'm sure a DP, high flow cat, intake and exhaust are up soon (and rims ofcoarse!) Before you know it you'll be neck and neck with Type RGoodbye WRX, Hello Civic Si!  New Daily DriverGoodbye WRX, Hello Civic Si!  New Daily Driver

The OEM clutch can't handle much more than stock power. Upgrading the clutch was a MUST for me, I drive nearly 500 miles a week!

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Dang, this whole tread lines up with my initial impressions after test driving a WRX last spring. Glad I didn’t bite at the time.

Congrats, Nick! Does this mean your selling the Honda Fit too?
    Hi Ian! I did manage to sell the FIT last week (it paid for the mods for the new whip ). I was torn, because the FIT was such a BLAST to drive. I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    Nice! Congrats. I bought a 2017 solid red Si a few months ago. Haven't detailed it yet. You know, shoemaker's kid. Hope my paint isn't as tough to detail as your Subbie's paint. You on CivicX forums?
    Cool! I'm sure you'll be fine. Honda red, from my experience, is pretty easy to work with.

I'm not a member of any Civic forums, but I am active on several Civic Facebook groups. I find them extremely informative, not to mention FRIENDLY.

I was one of several hundred people to pre-order PRL's much-anticipated "Cobra" Cold Air Intake. I received notification yesterday that it shipped (FINALLY!). I'm chomping at the bit to get it installed. The Si is too quiet from the factory. =P

8. Likes Angus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How about the exhaust?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick McKees37 View Post
    I was one of several hundred people to pre-order PRL's much-anticipated "Cobra" Cold Air Intake. I received notification yesterday that it shipped (FINALLY!). I'm chomping at the bit to get it installed. The Si is too quiet from the factory. =P

I agree with that! Wish I could hear the turbo more than the exhaust. I do like the growl the engine makes though.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Nick... I noticed in the newest Mckee's 37 video (below), it looks like you got a new ride? did you replace the Civic with this?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast