Hello,

Thought I'd post my findings and progress on here since I've been placing an order seemingly every weekend. I also posted this on CivicX.com. Just took delivery of my new baby.

Prior to me buying the car, I told the dealer; don't touch the car, don't wash, and the least amount of people that knows the car, the better. Leave all stickers, wraps, and tapes on as you see delivered..etc. Fast fwd to this past week after I got the car, it looked like they did exactly what I asked. The car was covered in dust(not bad) and all wrap was on. They even told me what wrappings they removed..etc.

Here's my baby;

So, after I got home, I did a thorough walk around in my swirl finder light and here's what I found;

1. The dreaded 1-2" circular dull spot. Some background is that other owners has been finding these spots on their cars. What was interesting was there was a black line on mine. I initially thought it was tire or tar. Dabbed some goo gone and the black lighten, but wouldn't remove. I didn't want to press on it, so i looked at the area in different angles and found the following. It looked like someone marked that spot from the factory and never got around or forgot to complete the buffing job. I just found another spot next to the rear license plate area that's not pictured.

2. Type 2 Water Spots on the wing. This could be from delivery or what not. I saw water spot sprays from below the wing as well. Luckily, after some very light vinegar to test and some Meg UP using hand application, the spots are removed, but I'm left w/ swirls and scratches. Not pictured.

3. Isolated scratches in front of the hood vent. It was just that patch in that area;

4. Swirls on the outside B pillars(pass & driver side). I only took pix of one side;

5. Not pictured - Heavily swirled front black grill area. All the outer black trim/paint is very soft. I lightly tried to clay the water spot and it scratched the paint further.

6. A couple patches of "I don't know what it is" on the driver side rear view mirror and right above the front lip passenger side. Different area, but similar pattern or dimples. Harder to see on the lip area.

I'm actually very happy w/ the condition. I would prefer perfect, but cant' really expect that from a shipment overseas. At least all of this stuff I can fix easily. I may leave some spots as I really don't want to start correcting everything on new paint. I'll try a few least aggressive methods this weekend. I was able to remove the dull spot using some elbow grease with a generic brand mf applicator pad with Meg UC and UP. 95% gone. More pix soon.