autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2014 GMC Terrain Correction Type II Water Spot Nightmare and Road Paint OH MY !

2014 GMC Terrain just covered with type II water spots in the clear coat and glass. The owner also had the misfortune to drive through a lot of wet paint covering the wheelhouse's and rocker trim. Wash, clay (CarPro PolyShave), Griot's Fast Correcting Cream with yellow CCS pad, Griot's Perfecting Cream with black CCS pad.

The windows were really tough. I first used a 5.5" CarPro Flash pad along with M105 with not very good results. This was the most aggressive pad/product I have in my cart. My last ditch effort was 0000 Steel Wool along with Meguire's Ultimate Compound by hand. This did the trick and 4 hours later the glass was spot free then cleaned with Stoners. My 60 year elbows and fingers had quite the workout!

The paint splashed everywhere was very difficult to remove as it had been there and cured for about three months. Prep-Sol, Enamel Reducer, Urethane Reducer wouldn't touch it at all. My only choice was to use lacquer thinner on the rocker trim and wheelhouse moldings. With a lot of elbow grease I was able to remove the paint off those areas. The majority of the splash was so thick inside the wheelhouse it was un-cleanable. The correct repair would be to replace all four at a premium cost. I masked off the area and shot a semi gloss black to just hide the mess.

No Gloss with the heavy water spots.

50/50

Deep water Spot etching.

Paint

Finished

Second Best One Legged Detailer in The World... That top slot is unattainable

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 GMC Terrain Correction Type II Water Spot Nightmare and Road Paint OH MY !

Nice turnaround

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 GMC Terrain Correction Type II Water Spot Nightmare and Road Paint OH MY !

Hey, your supposed to clean it up and detail it. Not get them an identical vehicle off the show floor!

Outstanding transformation. Thanks for sharing.

Good to see you posting again.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome transformation!

Off topic, what kind of flooring do you have in the garage?