autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

First experience with CQuartz UK

Man was I nervous!!! So I've had the product for 2 months and between life and constant customer cars I just haven't had the time to do a proper paint correction on my personal car this season, and I knew at some point I was going to want to try CQuartz. Well being military I got a 4 day weekend this weekend and with no customer cars it was the perfect chance. So of course did the usual full decon and clay with Iron X. No pictures we all know what that looks like. For the paint correction I went with Menzerna FG400 on a LC flat MF cutting pad and followed with a white pad and SF3800. Just those two products made a huge difference in not only removal of swirls but really made the paint come to life.

Here is a shot of uncorrected side

Corrected side

Anybody who's done work on Audi & VW paint knows how hard the clear coat can be, I had about 13 hours behind the polisher over the two days. The nice thing about FG400 is how little it dusts, so I wasn't constantly wiping down huge dust mounds.

So day three, time for CQuartz UK. Why did I go with UK? Being stationed in Nebraska our winters can be brutal, I was in Minot ND prior, so opted for this in hopes that it offers great winter protection. Of course I used Eraser for a panel wipe down, at first I just did small sections thinking that was the way to go but as I spread on the coating i found myself wasting time going back and forth between the two. So I just did big panel wipes prior to coating, i.e. entire hood with part of fender, remainder of fender into door and a half...you get the idea.

Now for the application of CQuartz, it was so stupid easy to do!! It was about 75 degrees when I was doing the work, didn't get a humidity reading but it was comfortable. Anybody who's on the fence or nervous about using this don't be!! Once you figure out that you can actually do large sections and with how easy it comes off you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner. I was very careful to make sure I was doing alternating swipe patterns to make sure no high spots were left and when I buffed off using a strong headlamp to make sure nothing was left behind. Never once did I fight the product, doing two coats with 90 min between coats took about 4 hours then let it bake in the sun. We have no rain chances till Thursday so thats a plus.

Here is a shot with the first coat

Second coat, I feel its more glossy.

After shots, these shots just do not do the car justice, the level of gloss is crazy. A friend with an S4 same color came over and couldn't believe how different it looks, he just spent $700 on a paint correction from a local place and is less than pleased after seeing mine. He's booked with me now lol.

Happy detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First experience with CQuartz UK

Cquartz Uk is a lot easier to use than most people think. The trick is to not apply too much, and work the product into the paint. Don't just slather it on and wipe, then of course you'l get tons of streaks and high spots. Rather take the product and work it in more, spread it out more. Great job on the car though, UK is one of my go to coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! And thanks for your service on this Memorial Day!

Post Thanks / Like

First, let me second my gratitude for your service to our country, brother! Thank you. Secondly, that ride looks stunning and that's tough on white. Beautiful work.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your service! And from on vag/Audi lover to another..looking great!

The paint is hard but scratches easy lol not the easiest combo to work on.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Job!

I love A7's big fan of their style.

White is not easy to make pop. Great job.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work, it looks great!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I want to try CQUK again. First time it seemed streaky Nd couldn't get the flashing down.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice job! The car is absolutely gorgeous on its own, but you took it to the next level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

6 days later still looks incredible. Had a rain shower on the way to work yesterday and couldn't take my eyes off my hood and the rain flying off!! In the past I'd do a QD for spot wipes of dirt and things, can I use a QD on the coating or just leave it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast