autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport - HD Speed and HD Poxy

don't know how i missed this thread (seems like it's been happening a bit more often lately ) , terrific job!

2. Likes jms493 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After winter I will start fresh and hit it wil HD Poxy and Collinite again. Winter is rough here. If I get a chance I may add another layer of Collinite in early December. Even though its the family hauler I will do my best to keep the paint looking mint.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport - HD Speed and HD Poxy

Update - Finally was able Wash/Clay/Sealant/Wax the family truckster.

Optimum No Rinse + Chemical Guys Blacklight Soap
    Nano Skin Auto Scrub - Medium
    HD Poxy - lets sit for 30 mins
    Collinite Wax

Still looking like new.
    Hyundai - 7-5-2018 by jms493, on Flickr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport - HD Speed and HD Poxy-hyundai-7-5-2018-jpg  

5. Likes VISITOR, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So you used Nano Skin Auto Scrub - Medium and that didn't leave visible marring that needed polishing before Poxy?
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I didn't look closely enough but this paint hides a lot. I did a really quick scrub with tons of lubricant. I will do a pass with HD Speed in the fall so if there is any I will remove them. This is the family SUV that is used for just about everything so I am not really picky about it. My 2 toddlers run their filthy hands on the paint all the time...I gave up yelling at them for it. Although if they touch my Challenger then they get a week in the hole.

8. Likes Maxreed241, derass, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jms493 View Post
    Honestly I didn't look closely enough but this paint hides a lot. I did a really quick scrub with tons of lubricant. I will do a pass with HD Speed in the fall so if there is any I will remove them. This is the family SUV that is used for just about everything so I am not really picky about it. My 2 toddlers run their filthy hands on the paint all the time...I gave up yelling at them for it. Although if they touch my Challenger then they get a week in the hole.
    How do you rate the durability of HD Speed and Poxy combo? My usual winter prep is HD Speed topped with Collinite 845, but thinking of switching to something else as I'm almost out of 845 if the durability is on par with my current combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trojanone1 View Post
    How do you rate the durability of HD Speed and Poxy combo? My usual winter prep is HD Speed topped with Collinite 845, but thinking of switching to something else as I'm almost out of 845 if the durability is on par with my current combo.
    This car is in garage at home and at work. So I feel like this combos gives me 5-6 months...therefore I like to do this in start of Summer and Start of Winter. If you are not in garage I would say you would need to do this 3 times a year...but applying and removing collinite is so freaking easy its not a huge time investment.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually no that I look back at my process I probably should have used my Chemical Guys Clean Slate to strip everything and the HD Poxy probably would have bonded better. it was so hot and sunny yesterday I didnt want to take the car out of the garage so I used ONR.

Post Thanks / Like

My truck and my wife's car are parked in the garage when at home, but sit outside while at work all day. I usually wax twice a year (fall and spring), and thought of the synergistic combo of HD Speed and Poxy and if it would look better than Speed/Collinite 845 combo. If I can get 5-6 months out of HD Speed/Poxy I might consider switching, more so out of wanting to try something new, but Collinite 845 is so good to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trojanone1 View Post
    My truck and my wife's car are parked in the garage when at home, but sit outside while at work all day. I usually wax twice a year (fall and spring), and thought of the synergistic combo of HD Speed and Poxy and if it would look better than Speed/Collinite 845 combo. If I can get 5-6 months out of HD Speed/Poxy I might consider switching, more so out of wanting to try something new, but Collinite 845 is so good to use.
    JMHO - I think Collinite gives a better depth of shine and has a slicker/smoother feel to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast