autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Back in the saddle..

Boy, it seems like forever since I've done a detail job..the downside of the weather I suppose. I got a call from a client who just got a brand new Infiniti G35x. He wanted it sealed for the winter. The car has some flaws but the plan is to wait for spring to wheel it out completely, although the 501 took out the swirls in the hood.

The Process:
    ONR wash including wheels and tires
    clay complete with clay magic
    DG 501 with white pad, udm at 6
    DG 601 applied by hand
    DG 105 applied/removed by hand
    JS 109 to wheels
    DP tire gel to tires
    Stoners IG to glass

BEFORES:

VISIBLE SWIRLS:

AFTER ONR:

AFTERS:

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good Richy !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, looks great Richy. That ONR didn't get much water on the floor or did you pull it in later? I must be doing something wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR is great, but a lot of products like ONR, i.e. Spray & Wipe are good too. My main issue with all of this is that it my garage is not heated, so it makes it a tad difficult to work on colder surfaces, should I work on having the room heated?

Anyways, I picked up some of that cheap black magic tire foam at Crappy Tire Richy! It was on for like $1.99 a can and I think that was a steal seeing as the cashier charged me that price for only 4 cans and *gave* me 3 cans free. I didn't notice until I got home.
    AP Auto Detailing & Car Care
    "Care, Pride, Passion"
    Serving the Greater Toronto Area 24/7, 365.
    Direct e-mail: info@apautodetailing.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice detail richy. All of the DG products made that car look awesome, of course the detailer behind the products had a lot to do with it too! Thanks for taking the time to take pics and do the write-up.
    "Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice detail Richy!
    My garage is not heated either. I have never trid the ONR. But with the cold here in Ohio I'd better. Two bucket method! Great Job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.p View Post
    Looks good Richy !!!
    Thanks Joe!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Yeah, looks great Richy. That ONR didn't get much water on the floor or did you pull it in later? I must be doing something wrong.
    Jimmie..I did the ONR inside but I tried a different method this time. After washing the area, rather than use a ww mf to dry it, I used a chamois which cleared about 90% and then used the ww to finish/buff the surface. I squeezed out the chamois into a bucket so I got a lot less water on the ground than normal. It took a little longer to do it this way, but it was cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by m4gician View Post
    ONR is great, but a lot of products like ONR, i.e. Spray & Wipe are good too. My main issue with all of this is that it my garage is not heated, so it makes it a tad difficult to work on colder surfaces, should I work on having the room heated?

Anyways, I picked up some of that cheap black magic tire foam at Crappy Tire Richy! It was on for like $1.99 a can and I think that was a steal seeing as the cashier charged me that price for only 4 cans and *gave* me 3 cans free. I didn't notice until I got home.
    m4gician..I just bought a little (1500W) ceramic heater from Crappy Tire. It was like $60 but I'm keeping my receipt so when it goes on sale I'll exchange it for the lower price. I actually had to shut it off, my (insulated) garage got up to 65 degrees F. I ended up finishing the job in shorts/ t-shirt.
    Good score on the tire shine!!

Quote Originally Posted by AL417 View Post
    Nice detail richy. All of the DG products made that car look awesome, of course the detailer behind the products had a lot to do with it too! Thanks for taking the time to take pics and do the write-up.
    Alice..Thanks very much! Always my pleasure to do the write-ups..I always pick something up reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxjax View Post
    Very nice!

Zaxjax..Thanks man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Shine View Post
    Nice detail Richy!
    My garage is not heated either. I have never trid the ONR. But with the cold here in Ohio I'd better. Two bucket method! Great Job!
    Showroom..Thanks a lot! Is your garage insulated? Other than for frigid temps, which yours are probably similar to mine (Detroit area), a cheap little heater will do the trick..I just got a little 1500 W ceramic one and it did just fine. I had the car in there for a few hours before I began the job. It took the garage from low 50's to mid 60's pretty quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the hood shot with the light Richy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AL417 View Post
    with what she said! Great job!
    Thanks,
    Tonya AKA twinkle toes
    Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwile achievement - Henry Ford