autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2004 Infinity SUV BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by blackinnova View Post
    Yes i feel you, especially on highly defect (but repairable) car, sometimes just get too excited. Lol. Thanks for the explanation, i already checked on autopia just after you said about the chart, and found out that menz 3in1 polish is also at the same level (lvl 6) with Wolfgang uber AIO, so i think it should do the work, right? And can we remove level 1-2 water spots with some etching with this kind of AIO? Or we need to compound it?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cool. You know it all just depends on the paint, the pad, the machine, the technique, the degree of water spotting, etc as to whether that 6 level AIO will get those out. To get the formula correct for this hood, I started with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax (no help) , Sonax Hybrid NPT (a little better) and then finally the Wolfgang UBER AIO. If the Wolfgang UBER AIO didn't get it, I was prepared to go higher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    Cool. You know it all just depends on the paint, the pad, the machine, the technique, the degree of water spotting, etc as to whether that 6 level AIO will get those out. To get the formula correct for this hood, I started with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax (no help) , Sonax Hybrid NPT (a little better) and then finally the Wolfgang UBER AIO. If the Wolfgang UBER AIO didn't get it, I was prepared to go higher.
    Thanks! And how many pads did you spend on the hood only? And how many did you spend for the whole car? Just want to know because maybe your work can be my benchmark on doing an AIO, i know it will be many difference on others paint condition, but just for comparison, if i may know.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! And how many pads did you spend on the hood only? And how many did you spend for the whole car? Just want to know because maybe your work can be my benchmark on doing an AIO, i know it will be many difference on others paint condition, but just for comparison, if i may know.

Thanks

The pads are lying out drying right here so I can count them.

22 pads for the whole job. The Cyclo polisher uses 2 pads though. I don't clean pads during the job though, I grab clean ones and clean them all when finished.

Post Thanks / Like

The pads are lying out drying right here so I can count them.

22 pads for the whole job. I don't clean pads during the job though, I grab clean ones and clean them all when finished.
    WOW! I don't know if it's too many or not, but for me, that's a lot! Haha. Combination of cutting + polishing + finishing? Or just cutting + polishing? By the way how and what chemical you're using to clean the pads?

Sorry for too many question, for me it feels good to have discussions based on recent event.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! I don't know if it's too many or not, but for me, that's a lot! Haha. Combination of cutting + polishing + finishing? Or just cutting + polishing? By the way how and what chemical you're using to clean the pads?

Sorry for too many question, for me it feels good to have discussions based on recent event.

Cheers!

That's what we are here for! Glad to help. I used a Cyclo Pro 5 to polish most panels and and PC to polish pillars and to apply glaze and sealant. Looks like:

Some may have been used on the test spot.

1 each of orange, white, blue, black, red 6" for the PC.
    6 orange 4" for the cyclo used on the hood
    4 green 4" for the cyclo used on the worst side panels
    4 white 4" for the cyclo used on the best side panels
    4 various size blues and blacks for applying glaze and sealant

Post Thanks / Like

I change pads every 2 panels.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what we are here for! Glad to help. I used a Cyclo Pro 5 to polish most panels and and PC to polish pillars and to apply glaze and sealant. Looks like:

Some may have been used on the test spot.

1 each of orange, white, blue, black, red 6" for the PC.
    6 orange 4" for the cyclo used on the hood
    4 green 4" for the cyclo used on the worst side panels
    4 white 4" for the cyclo used on the best side panels
    4 various size blues and blacks for applying glaze and sealant
    Wow that's a lot! Thanks and i will keep your answer in my notes, by the way, can i change the cutting and polishing foam pads with MF pads to be used with AIO? Because i already bought MF pads for cutting and polishing, but i have another LC thin pro ultra finishing red pad also.

Thanks so much

Post Thanks / Like

On this particular hood, I did test the Meguiar's MF cutting pad with the Meguiar's Compound for DAs and I got better results with foam. That was just this particular job and the MF may do better on different vehicles. It's an art, not a science hahaha.

Post Thanks / Like

On this particular hood, I did test the Meguiar's MF cutting pad with the Meguiar's Compound for DAs and I got better results with foam. That was just this particular job and the MF may do better on different vehicles. It's an art, not a science hahaha.
    LOL! This tells me that i need to save up for a LOT of pads, thanks so much for all your answer, appreciate it! It's late in Indonesia and i have to sign off. Hope to discuss more with you soon.

Cheers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123