autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My First Production Freebie Detail - 2007 Jeep Rubicon

Awesome, HD speed is my go to for doing freebies for my good friends and family. It always feels good to make them happy and they usually end up buying you dinner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lane5515 View Post
    Wow, that thing was a mess! Looks like a totally different vehicle now. Great job!!
    thanks! it cleaned up nicely and I actually found it rewarding to be able to create such a dramatic change

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    Very nice for a weekender......I have no doubt the neighbor family was very pleased with this freebie.
    yes, very pleased. In fact, they told me it looked better than when they bought it used from a dealer a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Very nice work. Came out great!
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    They've been making those 4 door Jeeps for 10 years now?
    hard to believe but it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Great job Wknd Dtlr! How long did the entire process take you? How about your typical full blown paint corrections?

i also have lots of detailing itch but my energy levels are always depleted lol.
    Thanks, Marc08EX. Total time? Well.... my original goal was to give it a quick wash, dress the black trim and tires, quick interior vacuum and hit the paint with spray wax (OCW) and spend 2 hours. Ha ha i got so sidetracked and decided to put more love into it once I got involved. So, about 2 hours Friday night and about 3 hours Saturday morning. That was with virtually no breaks. This vehicle needed a LOT of work. Also, that included me having to spend a lot of time on the interior as it was extremely dirty. Even this "quick" job pretty much had me spent. What helped this time is I wrote out a step-by-step game plan and put out all my polishers, pads, product and towels ahead of time. Helped me to keep moving quickly and not lose focus.

How long does a full blown paint correction take me? Way too long! I did my friend's Audi S4 last year. Original goal was to hit with Speed and be done with it. Audi paint is rock hard so before I knew it I sucked myself into a full blown 3 stepper, lights and all! I did that over a 3 day holiday weekend and was absolutely spent for several days. I always tell myself I won't let my OCD kick in but once I bring out the lights and see every micro mark I end up spending countless hours chasing perfection! That's why I only do this on occasion for people who truly appreciate it as I never charge them. Also, I don't do this enough to have a solid routine down yet which means I spend lot of time thinking my way through a detail which eats up a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by haris300 View Post
    Awesome, HD speed is my go to for doing freebies for my good friends and family. It always feels good to make them happy and they usually end up buying you dinner
    thanks. Yes, HD speed is my most used product now. With a flex 3401, orange uro-cell pad ( or long throw and tangerine pad) and speed I can zip around a vehicle quickly. My biggest challenge is to fight the urge to top it with Poxy when I'm just doing a quickie. I did not top the jeep with Poxy because it looked great and no one would have known the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, I am also the clean car guy in my neighborhood. I cringe everytime I see a filthy car pass by so I offer to detail them. Very nice work.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a detailing hobbiest too. It is so much fun for me I don't charge either. Instead, I ask the vehicle owner to make a donation to a local non-profit.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Very nice for you to do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12