autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Porsche 991 S - Paint Correction, Clear Bra and Ceramic by Oakes

This low mile Guards Red Porsche 991 Carrera S was brought to me to be brought up to it’s full potential while also protecting the paint.
    Assumed to be in good condition, but our assessment showed that it could use a little love.

After the initial prep, the paint inspection revealed that it had been improperly maintained by the previous owner and also show some poor attempts at paint polishing throughout – rotary holograms.

[/url]

The following photos show the correction process in 50/50 and side by side format, revealing the true potential of Guards Red!

Even the taillights stood to look better…

Thought the car was clean, there are some areas that understandably go unattended, like the engine cover. Which was removed, cleaned, decontaminated, polished and coated!

As well as the badges themselves, caked up with old compound, dirt and wax

With the correction and detail all wrapped up, it was time to protect the paint from rock chips and make it easier to maintain going forward now that it was in it’s best state. This was done with a combination of Xpel Ultimate clear bra on the front end and CQuartz Finest ceramic coating on top of the film and the rest of the body and trim. The film, aside from the bumper was custom installed without template, allowing full wrapped over edges eliminating lines and edges to prevent lifting and dirt build up on top of a completely invisible install.
    The headlights, corner lights, badges and inner trim was all removed to ensure completely clean edges and full wrap over. Many templates allow the leading edges to be exposed which mean there is still potential for damage, which in my mind nullifies to point of the clear film. Might as well go all the way!

With the film completed, it was time to top everything with CQuartz Finest, one of the most proven and exclusive ceramic coatings on the market. I have been installing CQuartz for over 8 years now, before the public even knew these products existed and have stuck with this brand because it stands behind all of its realistic claims. Plus, I haven’t had this amount of depth and gloss rivaled by just about all of the brands on the market now. The pictures speak for themselves.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RKAt9S]

As always, thanks for looking! Feedback is always welcomed and appreciated!

-Oakes
    Serving the Greater Philadelphia Area and the Rest of the Northeast!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Porsche 991 S - Paint Correction, Clear Bra and Ceramic by Oakes

Drool!!!! Car looks fantastic!
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

We truly have some OUTSTANDING detailers here on AG!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Top notch work! Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

One word, WOW!

Phil

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see you detail the under body. Your attention to detail is amazing. Always enjoy your work, write ups and photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oakes View Post
    This low mile Guards Red Porsche 991 Carrera S was brought to me to be brought up to it’s full potential while also protecting the paint.
    Assumed to be in good condition, but our assessment showed that it could use a little love.

After the initial prep, the paint inspection revealed that it had been improperly maintained by the previous owner and also show some poor attempts at paint polishing throughout – rotary holograms.

[/url]

The following photos show the correction process in 50/50 and side by side format, revealing the true potential of Guards Red!

Even the taillights stood to look better…

Thought the car was clean, there are some areas that understandably go unattended, like the engine cover. Which was removed, cleaned, decontaminated, polished and coated!

As well as the badges themselves, caked up with old compound, dirt and wax

With the correction and detail all wrapped up, it was time to protect the paint from rock chips and make it easier to maintain going forward now that it was in it’s best state. This was done with a combination of Xpel Ultimate clear bra on the front end and CQuartz Finest ceramic coating on top of the film and the rest of the body and trim. The film, aside from the bumper was custom installed without template, allowing full wrapped over edges eliminating lines and edges to prevent lifting and dirt build up on top of a completely invisible install.
    The headlights, corner lights, badges and inner trim was all removed to ensure completely clean edges and full wrap over. Many templates allow the leading edges to be exposed which mean there is still potential for damage, which in my mind nullifies to point of the clear film. Might as well go all the way!

With the film completed, it was time to top everything with CQuartz Finest, one of the most proven and exclusive ceramic coatings on the market. I have been installing CQuartz for over 8 years now, before the public even knew these products existed and have stuck with this brand because it stands behind all of its realistic claims. Plus, I haven’t had this amount of depth and gloss rivaled by just about all of the brands on the market now. The pictures speak for themselves.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RKAt9S]

As always, thanks for looking! Feedback is always welcomed and appreciated!

-Oakes
    Outstanding work.

Post Thanks / Like

Great work! I never get tired of seeing these Porsches all shined up and posted here on Autogeek! Heck, I walk around them everyday at my job and they still get me excited!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    I'd love to see you detail the under body. Your attention to detail is amazing. Always enjoy your work, write ups and photos.
    I am in the middle of doing this (and documenting) on an E36 M3 Lightweight that I'll be sure to post up! Thank you!
    Serving the Greater Philadelphia Area and the Rest of the Northeast!

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic looking job. The more I see clear bras the more I want one for the wife's Boxster. Have to get rid of all the chips and shotgun blast micro-chips first.

Can you share the cost range for getting that kind of clear bra installed? Also, any potential for paint damage when it's removed? I'd want to know we can see the car with the bra removed in a few years.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast