autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Acura NSX gets corrected at KSD

I got a call from a friend of mind that an NSX at a local dealership needed some TLC. The NSX for the last several weeks has been displayed front and center at the dealership without being roped off. Overtime sales associates have dry wipes down the car to clean off dust (instilling marring), customers constantly feel the need to touch the paint and some deeper RIDs were caused from customers rubbing up against the paint.

I came out a day before to assess the damage and what would be the best approach. I was impressed that the dealer knew the caliber of this vehicle and that it needed someone who knew what they were doing or else more damage would ensue. I only had one day to get the job done. After I was finished the NSX would be put back on display under intense showroom lightening and scrutiny.

The dealer had a large warehouse a few blocks away i was able to work out of. Luckily they had a compressor I could connect to and save some equipment to haul.

This car has never been driven, yet it required a paintcorrection. After examining the paint with various light sources I came across obviously marring, da haze from sanding at the factory and 5 areas with deeper RIDS that would be chased. Here's some pics of the before condition:

Since the NSX was soft jet black I took it upon myself to added a final polishing step to make sure it was finished down properly. Even though on my cutting step it finished down nearly LSP ready, a final polish guaranteed the desired finish and didnt take me that much extra time for the peace of mind.

The majority of the car was corrected using CarPro Reflect on a MF finishing pad via rupes 15 mark2, rupes mini & nano. Followed by carpro Reflect on a carpro gloss pad for a final finish and sealed with carpro reload. Some of the areas with deeper rids were spot treated with menzera 2500 via mf finishing pad. Just stepped up the aggressiveness ever so slightly.

After 14+ hours and one long day, I finally finished at about 11pm that night. Here's some shots of it immediately after it was sealed.

The next morning I went back to double check everything. The NSX had already been moved back to the showroom. Luckily they had it roped off and on the red carpet. In the showroom it looked flawless. I would consider this a 95%+ correction. There was 1 RID that I chased that I made almost none existent, that is the only defect remaining. The car will sit until it's sold and I will be going in every few days to ONR wash it. Maybe the new owner will upgrade to our new car package. Here it was in the showroom:

I've added a walk around video that hopefully shows the clarity or the paint. Fun project, great car to work on. They have two more that I'm hoping I'll get my hands on as well. The dealer was thoroughly impressed, everyone in the dealer was huddled around it all morning. We got tons of compliments, makes me feels good about the work we are doing. Quality over quantity. Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.ksdetailing.com
    Connect with us on Facebook & Instagram @ksdetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Acura NSX gets corrected at KSD

Looks great, Kevin! One heck of a car too!
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Impressed the dealer knew the difference between their detailer hacks and a true paint correction...and then at least had the sense to rope off the car after it was done! That is the condition a car of that nature should be in when delivered.

As far as I know, the NSX also gets a different, more detailed, higher quality painting process than a standard Acura. Which it should considering its a $175k+ car!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you hope it does. You'd think a Nissan GTR would have the entire wheel painted but I've seen a few that don't have the inside of the spokes painted.

Looks like a great job you did, I hope whoever buys it comes to you to keep it looking beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Looks great, Kevin! One heck of a car too!
    Thanks Rasky, means alot coming from you. I used to read your threads when I was first trying to get off the ground years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Nice. Impressed the dealer knew the difference between their detailer hacks and a true paint correction...and then at least had the sense to rope off the car after it was done! That is the condition a car of that nature should be in when delivered.

As far as I know, the NSX also gets a different, more detailed, higher quality painting process than a standard Acura. Which it should considering its a $175k+ car!
    I was a bit surprised as well. They knew the paint was messed up on it, it was an eyesore and they did not want to sell a car in that condition. Especially since this was a $200k+ vehicle. Who ever it paying that type of money, has certain expectations. They also knew that had no one qualified in their "detail" dept to handle a car like this. most likely they would have done more damage. I have a buddy who does ppf for the dealer and referred me. He told them I would do it right. I was a bit worried about the time frame but the car required little prep work outside of an ONR wash and light clay. It was nice paint to work with but you have to be so careful not to re mar the finish. something tells me the new owner wont take care it the way it should be but thats the break sometimes. Hopefully the dealer will refer me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Well, you hope it does. You'd think a Nissan GTR would have the entire wheel painted but I've seen a few that don't have the inside of the spokes painted.

Looks like a great job you did, I hope whoever buys it comes to you to keep it looking beautiful.
    I just finished a GTR, that was a great car to work on. I think all the wheels were painted.
    www.ksdetailing.com
    Connect with us on Facebook & Instagram @ksdetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on the year, I've seen both which is odd. I always wonder why for all these high end cars have super soft and thin paint, you'd think for the money you're paying you'd get a thicker layer of paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, those cars are painted in pieces, then assembled.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job on an awesome car! Love it!
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work! Glad they are now protecting your work and their car!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Beautiful work my friend!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast