autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Escalate/Viking Coat combo

Took advantage of the long holiday weekend and got some detailing done. I polished the truck first with PA Escalate and then followed that up with the Viking Coat. At the start I was having a terrible time with the Escalate. It did NOT play well with the Flex 3401. I tried both a white and black hybrid pad, using more product and less product, heavy and light pressure, faster and slower speed and nothing was working. The finish was always hazy and looked way worse than what I hadn't polished. After messing with this for about an hour, I was seriously considering ditching the Escalate and just using something to strip the LSP and applying the Viking Coat. Then I decided to try the Rupes Mini and it was unbelievably better. The Mini with a yellow Rupes pad worked awesome with the Escalate. It quickly removed some minor swirl marks and the finish was incredible. The Viking coat was a breeze to apply and remove and I am more than pleased with the results. Obviously longevity is unknown at this point, but if it at least holds up through the winter I'll be happy. I don't have any before pics, the paint was in really good condition with just some light swirls, but the gloss and clarity is much greater after the polish and coating. I am really happy with how it turned out!! Pics don't do it justice.

Polish Angel Escalate/Viking Coat combo-tree-reflection-1-jpgPolish Angel Escalate/Viking Coat combo-tree-reflection-2-jpgPolish Angel Escalate/Viking Coat combo-side-shot-1-jpgPolish Angel Escalate/Viking Coat combo-side-shot-2-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Escalate/Viking Coat combo

Paint looks awesome!

I'm interested to hear how long the Viking Coat lasts... If it has even 12 months of solid durability, I would say between that and the ease of application make it a no brainer.
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

That looks awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

I was given the whole kit right down to the leather care for free.I really don't see a major miracle about this product.my personal opinion is after the coating I applied another coat after.The final results were as if I had just only waxed the car looked deep and warm.The coating was real easy to apply and remove,if you can get long durability out of that then it might be worth the money as far as ease of use.The leather care was applied via instructions and didn't see any benefit what's so ever.But that's my own personal opinion about this product line,it's not a bad product but I think it's overrated for the price.I will monitor the durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Paint looks great! Nice results!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I was given the whole kit right down to the leather care for free.I really don't see a major miracle about this product.my personal opinion is after the coating I applied another coat after.The final results were as if I had just only waxed the car looked deep and warm.The coating was real easy to apply and remove,if you can get long durability out of that then it might be worth the money as far as ease of use.The leather care was applied via instructions and didn't see any benefit what's so ever.But that's my own personal opinion about this product line,it's not a bad product but I think it's overrated for the price.I will monitor the durability.
    Ease of use was the biggest deciding factor for me and it didn't disappoint there. Just like applying a wax or sealant. This is the first attempt I have made using anything coating like, so I don't know what others look/feel like, but it didn't seem very slick right after wiping off the residue. It did seem to get noticeably slicker a couple hours after wipe off though. Like I said earlier, if it holds up through the winter I'll be happy with it. I can probably get at least 2 maybe 3 more vehicles out of the Viking, so it really isn't that expensive per application. I am planning on using it on my sister's car that is outside 24/7 and only washed occasionally through touchless automatic washes, so that should give a good durability comparison between an abused and a well cared for vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words guys. I think I'm officially hooked on this detailing stuff. I just love seeing the finish get more and more crisp as I make each section pass. Figured I better throw something more permanent on there before I polished all the paint off. haha

Post Thanks / Like

I applied it differently,I would coat one half of the car let it set for 40 minutes.Then for removal I would spritz each panel down with Gyeon wet coat and saw dramatic results using that method and ensure additional protection.Did a Nissan Titan with that method and water just sheets off like crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking finish, I used the same on a white VW love it. A follow up for me is Hydro to wash. Keeps it going.

Post Thanks / Like

Curious about the flex issue. I was considering this combo/line of products but if its that bad with the flex i'll stay away.

I dont have the luxury of two polishers

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast