autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2 for 1 Speical: 2015 Audi S4 - Ibis White & 2016 BMW M4 - Austin Yellow

A few weeks ago my brother and I spent three days detailing our cars, mine was the S4 and his the M4. We followed a similar process on both car, the Audi need a bit more correction than the BMW.

Both cars were washed and decontaminated with IronX and a Nanoskin fine grade mitt. This was followed by paint correction using a GC 6" DA and Menzerna FG400 with a combination of LC flat orange and yellow pads. Only a one step process was really needed, the FG400 left a very nice finish. After the polishing step both cars were coated with Gtechniq's combo of C1 and EXO V2. The Gtechniq products were fairly easy to work with, it would be nice if they have a little more working time. We had to work quick to avoid the product flashing too quickly. Overall, I'm very impressed with the look and water repellency properties of EXO V2.

Here are some pictures and a couple of videos of the water beading properties of EXO V2, I hope you enjoy. I'm not the best photographer and these are just cell phone pictures. Its hard to capture good reflection shots on a white car. Also the pictures of the M4 are taken a couple of weeks after the detail without being washed. I apologize, we didn't get any in progress pictures of the BMW.

Before

After washing, inspected the paint and most of it was similar to the picture below, so not too bad.

IronX doing its job! Make it bleed purple.

Exhaust before and after (sorry don't have a picture with dry tips)

After a long hard weekend, the final results!!

Nice reflection shot

A few pictures (sorry I don't have more) of the dirty M4. What a machine!!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 for 1 Speical: 2015 Audi S4 - Ibis White & 2016 BMW M4 - Austin Yellow

Here are a few videos of the water properties with EXO V2

hood water test, on Flickr

side water test, on Flickr

This is in the rain, going about 25 mph, pretty sweet!!

rain test, on Flickr

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Have you worked with any other coatings or only Gtechniq?? What did you use for the chrome exhaust tips?

Super Member coles_paint_correction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice job on both cars. That bmw color is shocking/vibrant to say the least lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done! Iron-X putting in work!

Thanks for sharing.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INPro View Post
    Looks great! Have you worked with any other coatings or only Gtechniq?? What did you use for the chrome exhaust tips?
    This was the first time I worked with a coating and I think I did pretty well. This weekend I'm going to be doing my wife black car and will be applying Cquartz, lets see how that works out.

As for the tips I first used P21S polishing soap and then followed it up with Menzerna metal polish.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigry18 View Post
    Nice job on both cars. That bmw color is shocking/vibrant to say the least lol.
    Yeah its either a love it or hate it color. Its a difference hue of yellow/gold/green depending on the lighting.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I've coated the car a few weeks ago and already I'm seeing these spots in the picture below. What are they? Iron particles? or something else? Anyway I can remove them safely without effected the coating?
    That a picture of the roof btw.