autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Impala LTZ Corrected with Rupes UHS and Coated with Optimum Gloss Coat

Great job Mike and I'll bet your dad thinks the same.

As always, you have excellently documented the whole process.

So why D-Lux on the wheels and not Gloss Coat?
    How much GC did you use on the double coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    Great job Mike and I'll bet your dad thinks the same.

As always, you have excellently documented the whole process.

So why D-Lux on the wheels and not Gloss Coat?
    How much GC did you use on the double coat.
    Thanks. He likes the look. He was upset when I would find things here and there because the abuse the car saw as a former rental.

I went with DLUX for two reasons. One to try something new and two because the bottle is a year old and the expiration date passed a few days prior to me using it. I will say that it was a pain in the rear end to use. I am not sure if it was because it was old or the weather.

I used 98% of the 10cc syringe to coat the paint, chrome trim and plastic trim. I have like 1cc left if anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Tremendous work! The car looks fantastic.

Also, hats off to you for a really well done post, sharing your product choices (with links no less), work flow, and with great pictures to boot.

Thanks for sharing!

John

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, great job man!! Gloss coat over SF.... Interesting! How long did you wait and did you wipe it down prior? Also, with DLux on wheels, do you wipe it off like you would regular Cquartz?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Mike, great job man!! Gloss coat over SF.... Interesting! How long did you wait and did you wipe it down prior? Also, with DLux on wheels, do you wipe it off like you would regular Cquartz?

Thanks. It was about 2-3 days before I topped SF with GC. I did wipe it down prior to applying it. I probably could have done it a day after. I have to thank you for the idea seeing as you used DLUX over SF.

I haven't used regular cquartz but I applied DLUX on the wheels and waited a couple mins before I wiped it off. I should have removed it as soon as I applied it given the temperature we had. My bottle does have an expiration date of 6/27/16. Perhaps that played a part in my having a little difficulty with the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks. It was about 2-3 days before I topped SF with GC. I did wipe it down prior to applying it. I probably could have done it a day after. I have to thank you for the idea seeing as you used DLUX over SF.

I haven't used regular cquartz but I applied DLUX on the wheels and waited a couple mins before I wiped it off. I should have removed it as soon as I applied it given the temperature we had. My bottle does have an expiration date of 6/27/16. Perhaps that played a part in my having a little difficulty with the product.
    Mike, I don't like it on wheels personally and am trying to make sure it's not my method (usual way of doing CQF)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Mike, I don't like it on wheels personally and am trying to make sure it's not my method (usual way of doing CQF)

I was not really sold on it in terms of ease of use and application. I am not sure I would pick up another bottle in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Richy, you don't like DLUX on wheels?
    Pinnacle Black Label Coating is easiest for wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick update. It's been 6 weeks and gloss coat is holding up great. It's seen mostly washes with ONR and one standard bucket wash with optimum car wash. The beading and sheeting is impressive. The self cleaning effect is also impressive. I have used opti-seal as a drying aid once but have mostly been using a quick detailer to remove any remaining residue from ONR.

Here's one from today's ONR wash and opti-seal as a drying aid once again.

At 5 weeks the car was washed with a standard bucket wash and a foam gun as it had not been washed in 2 weeks prior to this. Car Pro DLUX is just as impressive on the wheels. Dirt is easily washed away with soap and water. DLUX sure makes cleaning the wheels very easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Thanks for the update!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast