autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

First Carnauba application - Souveran - Suggestions welcome

Hello all,

This is the first time I ever used a carnauba wax - Pinnacle Souveran. Used it on my Golden Brown metallic Accord v6 2016.

Car was first washed, tyres scrubbed with APC + wheel wells, clay with nanoskin fine mitt and then rinsed, blow dried, onr qd wipe down and then wax.

In all honesty - I think my nanoskin mitt is dead...it was smooth when using but I still felt the paint to be a little rough after when drying due to drag. Maybe a baggie test was in order. I have never needed it before because it was quite obvious when the mitt was picking up contaminants.

I am a 100% sure that I am going to notice marring tomorrow in the sunlight. I miss my VW for that reason only lol.

Onto the wax:

I found it kind of weird to use. The wax itself was kind of gritty...somewhat like bath salts.

Application was not as smooth as a sealant and I felt the foam applicator drag a bit if there was not enough wax on it. Not sure if that was the paint...or just because I needed more wax on the pad. This problem was solved by ofcourse adding more wax on the pad. I would say I dipped the pad into the wax pot twice per panel at least.

Removal was not as easy as a sealant either...It smeared a bit like oil. I used 3 towels and 4 sides each to do the car. I skipped the front and rear bumper as these were repainted last month due to a fender bender. I would usually use 1 towel for the whole car with Menzerna Powerlock - followed by a final wipe ofcourse.

Point to note: This was my first ever Carnauba application so I did not know what to expect.

Car looks good ofcourse.... :P

I would appreciate comments and suggestions for better use next time.

Pics (taken using an iphone at 1am when I was done so sorry about that) :

Thanks for looking

Post Thanks / Like

First Carnauba application - Souveran - Suggestions welcome

You used way too much.

Souveran is the easiest wax known to man kind.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Carnauba application - Souveran - Suggestions welcome

I would recommend polishing the paint surface after claying with the Nanoskin Fine Mitt. The Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax goes on wet and comes off wet. No need to let this wax dry like the some paint sealants. The Souveran Paste Wax is extremely easy to apply and wipe off.

All about Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    You used way too much.

Souveran is the easiest wax known to man kind.
    I had a feeling I used too much. Next time I shall apply by machine and see how it turns out.

I felt like I wasnt applying enough due to the pad dragging

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    I would recommend polishing the paint surface after claying with the Nanoskin Fine Mitt. The Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax goes on wet and comes off wet. No need to let this wax dry like the some paint sealants. The Souveran Paste Wax is extremely easy to apply and wipe off.

All about Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax
    I would have loved to polish but I do not have time and its 120F out with what i'm guessing is 100% humidity. I never polished the VW after claying as it never marred. This car will definitely marr when I look it wrong lol.

I was always under the impression that polishing too much isn't good - especially as I clay 2-3 times a year...thats 3 times of polishing a year :0 In all fairness the paint is soft so UP/M205 on a black hybrid is all I need.

Lastly, I do plan on polishing and coating the car with PBL v2 in September, once my painted panels have cured and when its a little cooler

This was more as a decon + trying the souveran.

Post Thanks / Like

Souveran should be as smooth as butter. Its downright luxurious to apply and remove. Smooth, smells amazing, and is as easy as pie. Less is more, removal should be a breeze.

The day after it cures, the gloss amps up.

If there is a complaint to be leveled against Souveran is it does not have the best durability. A month or so for a daily driver is all you can expect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Souveran should be as smooth as butter. Its downright luxurious to apply and remove. Smooth, smells amazing, and is as easy as pie. Less is more, removal should be a breeze.

The day after it cures, the gloss amps up.

If there is a complaint to be leveled against Souveran is it does not have the best durability. A month or so for a daily driver is all you can expect.
    Hmm, I have read that its smooth as butter, but how does yours feel when but on the pad? What I saw were tiny particles, like dead sea salt . I hope what I have is the same product :P ,

It was smooth when applying (when It was not dragging) - a bit oily too - so I guess butter like would be right.

I need to figure out the dragging issue - that seemed to be resolved only when adding more wax to the pad :/

Post Thanks / Like

On the pad, it spreads just as smoothly. The little particles might just be concentrated bits of wax and probably dissolve as you apply it.

Post Thanks / Like

Souveran is probably one of the easiest and most pleasant carnuabas to use. Wipes on like butter and wipes off just as easy.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I would melt the wax a lot more on the applicator before applying it to painted / polished panels. 1 jar should last approx 25 vehicles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast