autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2014 BMW X5, 2-step Correction and CQuartz Finest Coating Application

2014 BMW X5, 2-step Correction and CQuartz Finest Coating Application

Process:

Wash – Meguiar’s Hyper Wash and natural lambs wool mitt
    Wheels – Griot’s Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner & various brushes.
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing 3:1
    Paint Prep – Griot’s Fast Surface Prep Mitt and Glide as lube
    Paint Correction - Groit`s Fast Correct Cream on the Rupes MKII21 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by Opt Hyper Polish on the G15 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas done with Rupes LHR75e and Rupes Nano.
    Exhaust - Optimum Metal Polish
    Glass – Megs D120 and Griot’s PFM glass towels
    Coating Prep – Opti-Prep wipe down
    Coating – 2 coats CQuartz Finest

Before pics

After compounding with Fast Correct (lower part of door untouched)

Doing tight areas with the Nano

Finished pics

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 BMW X5, 2-step Correction and CQuartz Finest Coating Application

Came out great, Rasky! I have to ask what product you are concerned about breathing since you have that pic with the respirator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Came out great, Rasky! I have to ask what product you are concerned about breathing since you have that pic with the respirator.
    Ikr. What's going on in that pic? Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great. Nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

Your work never ceases to amaze me Chad! Keep up the good work!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

I've actually been wearing a respirator all the time now while polishing. After 26 years of breathing in dust from polishing cars (especially the silica loaded crap back in the day) I have developed some very noticeable respiratory problems. I was using M101 on the Nano in that pic.

PPE is a serious deal though and I really wish I could turn back the clocks and undue all the damage to my lungs and hearing from this line of work.
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I've actually been wearing a respirator all the time now while polishing. After 26 years of breathing in dust from polishing cars (especially the silica loaded crap back in the day) I have developed some very noticeable respiratory problems. I was using M101 on the Nano in that pic.

PPE is a serious deal though and I really wish I could turn back the clocks and undue all the damage to my lungs and hearing from this line of work.
    I actually thought about similar comments from Jason Rose when I saw you wearing the respirator in that pic. I notice you listed Hyper Polish in one of your steps and it's nice that there is virtually no dust from those OPT products.

As far as turning back the clock, it would be nice if we could do a Back To The Future Biff and smack our younger selves around, but even that wouldn't always help...last year I was helping someone out in an emergency and forgot to pack any hearing protection...let's just say I'll be regretting that for the rest of my life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post

This is something that is underappreciated in detailing, IMO. I've started doing the same thing after a much shorter timeframe. Safety glasses, respirator, gloves, and appropriate first aid response chems and gear always within reach. I usually wear noise canceling headphones at an appropriate volume too.

Post Thanks / Like

The X5 looks great after a 2 step paint correction and an application for the CQuartz Finest. Keep up the great work

Post Thanks / Like

I actually thought about similar comments from Jason Rose when I saw you wearing the respirator in that pic. I notice you listed Hyper Polish in one of your steps and it's nice that there is virtually no dust from those OPT products.

As far as turning back the clock, it would be nice if we could do a Back To The Future Biff and smack our younger selves around, but even that wouldn't always help...last year I was helping someone out in an emergency and forgot to pack any hearing protection...let's just say I'll be regretting that for the rest of my life.
    Jason's comments a while back are part of what got me using it more and more but after repeated week of being really short of breath after working all day I said enough was enough. Most the stuff I use now is very low dust but blowing out pads still generates a lot of it and being in a small enclosed space you're just breathing it in all day. I'm going to try and rig up some kind of dust collection box with a fan and filters to see if I can reduce it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast