autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That Klasse is something else

So I just applied the Klasse AIO (red bottle) and then the Klasse Sealant Glaze (silver bottle) and the stuff is amazing. Granted its on a 3 week old paint job (2016 GMC Canyon, Onyx Black) but still...Ive had black cars in the past and nothing ever made them look this good.
    But they arent kidding when they say use this stuff sparingly. If it looks like you arent using any product you are probably applying it just right.
    I sprayed some Meguires M34 on a microfiber pad and put on about a pennys worth per section and followed their directions exactly as they say. Buffed off with a microfiber towel and theres my ugly mug staring back at me:

It really wasnt bad buffing it off, I was dreading it with what Ive read about how hard the SG is to buff off, but it wasnt bad at all. Just use it sparingly and you should have no problem.

Going to topcoat it tomorrow after the sealant "cures" for a day with Pinnacle Souveran wax. If it doesnt rain that is...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: That Klasse is something else

Looking good!

Nice looking Canyon.

Post Thanks / Like

These new ones look great, and the Klasse turned out fantastic!

I've always wanted to try the Klasse duo.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great Joey! Klasse AIO and Sealant Glaze are like 2 peas in a pod. I am currently using the twins with LSP of Pinnacle Sovereign on my garaged queen.

A tip I can pass along to you if you don`t already know and provided by member Klasse Act is his way of applying KSG. This is copied exactly as shared by Klasse Act.

Congrats on the purchase of Klasse SG, or KSG as I like to refer to it as. Here's a simple way to properly use KSG for best results for application and removal:

-get yourself a bowl and add some water in it.

-I prefer a square cotton applicator, foam seems to not slide across the paint as well.

-find a small spray bottle, like 4 oz or so.

-dunk the applicator into the bowl of water, then pour some KSG into your small spray bottle.

-wring out the cotton applicator, making sure its damp but NOT dripping wet.

-depending upon the size of the panel and/or section your working on 1-2 sprays is more than enough. Wipe the KSG in from left to right, up and down, work it in real good.

-WIPE OFF RIGHT AWAY! This product is acylic, NO need for it to set up, anyone who says you leave it on the car does NOT know how to use it.

-Keep the applicator damp, it makes spreading KSG alot easier, easier is key when using KSG.

-DO NOT USE ON GLASS, its VERY hard to remove for some reason.

-Once your done the car will look great but the key is a 2nd coat, that needs to be applied 12 hrs later as KSG is acrylic it needs time to cure, 12 hrs is the shortest amount of time, the 2nd coat really makes the paint pop

To help maintain inbetween coats of KSG I like to make up a gallon of quick detailer using rinseless wash, adding 2 oz's of KSG into a made up gallon. This not only makes clean ups easier but you also end up adding another layer of KSG, albeit a thin layer for sure.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

JRP, thanks for the tips. Seems to be similar to what I did with the exception of wetting the microfiber applicator pad with the M34.
    Ill admit, I did wait for the SG to dry but I just applied to each section of the truck and when that was done got right to buffing. And I did use the AIO on the glass and black plastic trim - love the fact that it doesnt haze onto the plastic trim like wax does...I hope it doesnt rain tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Using Klasse Act`s technique to apply KSG 1st and 2nd coats WOWO was so much easier for me.

That 2nd coat will 24 hours later makes all the difference.

The Klasse AIO I use it on everything. Great on house mirrors, cultured marble bathroom tops, fiberglass shower ( excluding floor ), fiberglass shower/bath tub ( excluding floor ), stainless steel, and I`m sure I will find more uses for this great product.

Post Thanks / Like

My bad I meant minimum of 12 hours before 2nd coat not 24 hours.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    My bad I meant minimum of 12 hours before 2nd coat not 24 hours.
    With it raining almost daily around here for the past two weeks I may have to wait 48 hours....

Post Thanks / Like

If you look back at posts on Klasse SG, you will see that I was one of the first to transfer some to a small travel size bottle and spritz on paint. I then immediately wiped off. Amazing difference on a product that is finicky at best. I also find if you get a stubborn area, respritz and then immediately wipe area.

Best part, it doesn't impact the sealant in any way and simply makes the process bearable. While the look is old school sealant, slightly plastic looking, the finish is very durable. Do yourself a favor and get the Sonus Acrylic Spritz to boost it and add to the looks.

Scott

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good glad your happy with your results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast