autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Day off wash/detail

That`s why I LOVE a day off. No rush or worries. Usuall wash. Added the pinnacle spray wax to a dry xterra. And used griots PFM terry weave towel to apply it. The wax was a sample from a order. The PFM towel....OMG THIS THING IS AWESOME!!! Thick and never used a towel that was so easy to use with a spray wax. PFM INDEED. The pinnacle wax wiped off with no issues. Left a great just waxed finish. Now the rain and crappy weather to follow.....

2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Day off wash/detail

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    That`s why I LOVE a day off. No rush or worries. Usuall wash. Added the pinnacle spray wax to a dry xterra. And used griots PFM terry weave towel to apply it. The wax was a sample from a order. The PFM towel....OMG THIS THING IS AWESOME!!! Thick and never used a towel that was so easy to use with a spray wax. PFM INDEED. The pinnacle wax wiped off with no issues. Left a great just waxed finish. Now the rain and crappy weather to follow.....

Same here. Returned from some travels, whipped out the yard work and washed and applied Reload to both vehicles. What we get you will as well. Rain and cool temps unfortunately.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I need to try the PFM towels. I hope you didn't forget to restore the rear bumper on the Xterra back to black

Post Thanks / Like

Currently all trim is wearing the new griots trim restorer. So far this product has been earning it's keep.

Griots Garage Black Shine Trim Restorer
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Mike Phillips

That`s why I LOVE a day off. No rush or worries.

I agree.

I just got my truck back after it was on the set of Car Fix for a few episodes. They've had the truck since December and while she's still clean it's time for a thorough washing and waxing. For waxing I'm going to use McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax. The perfect wax for a daily driver that's parked outside 7 days a week.

It's also been about a year since the tires were coated with DP Tire Coating. They still look great but I'm going to apply some fresh applications now that's it's McKee's 37 Tire Coating.

So good to have my truck back. My wife is happy too.... she didn't like me driving her car.