autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 8/22/19 - Microfiber Sale + 15% off

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Are PFMs really this good for everyone to raving about them at $5+ apiece? Serious question... I have tons of MF, never seriously considered these due to price. I like Rag co., chinchillas, Shine & Buff WW towels, the gray super soft spray wax towels, waffle weaves, etc.

Are PFMs that much better than these?
    They excel at drying. And I mean EXCEL at it.

And they will also do an excellent job at removal of wax/sealants.

I have 6 PFM's. Large/edgeless, original, and 4 16x16.

Two for paint, two for wheels. I have chrome wheels, and the PFM's leave zero streaks when drying. I kid you not.

These towels are a game changer, and with this sale I hope many will benefit.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are PFMs really this good for everyone to raving about them at $5+ apiece? Serious question... I have tons of MF, never seriously considered these due to price. I like Rag co., chinchillas, Shine & Buff WW towels, the gray super soft spray wax towels, waffle weaves, etc.

They're one of those things that you have to try them to believe them. The drying towels and the wax removal towels are what I would recommend, haven't experienced any other MF's that come close to their performance. For example, the Gyeon Silk Dryer pales in comparison to a PFM, even though they are similar tech. I can usually dry the body of our SUV with one PFM drying towel (I use other MF's for the wheels, etc.). The one side of the wax removal towels cut through wax or sealant with ease and the other side does a perfect final buff. I will say that the PFM glass towels didn't impress me as much as some other dedicated glass towels. Last, but not least, the construction quality of the PFMs is top notch.

4. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can’t compare to the ones you listed but they really are pure freakin magic. I first used the Cobra Guzzlers on sale here. The PFM is a million times better. I wish they had a 40x80 size for the PFM, I’d buy those as my bath towels.
    Bruno Soares

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use RAG COMPANY towels for most everything else. PFM’s exclusively for drying. Blow my pluffle a out the water. I’m literally ordering $100 for just to hoarse them.

Order a bunch seriously. 2 16x16 can dry my whole car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough!

If I were to try a PFM out with main focus of the towel for drying after a wash but also considering bang for the buck based on the current sale, which would be recommended?

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough!

If I were to try a PFM out with main focus of the towel for drying after a wash but also considering bang for the buck based on the current sale, which would be recommended?
    Multiple of this one IMO:
    Griots Garage PFM Terry Weave Towel, Set of 2
    Bruno Soares

11. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tried numerous drying towels...various waffle weaves, a couple of twisted loop microfibers...and the PFMs are really head and shoulders above the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

I took advantage of the sale to replace some of my wash mitts...all but the Gold Plush one were 1/2 price. Picked up another bottle of Reset...quickly becoming my favorite soap

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough!

Get the big edgeless IMO.

Guys say "Too big", but you can fold and dry just like any other towel.

Plus...... There is no wet hood too small to drag the PFM over and be amazed.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a lot of towels myself and I say the PFM’s are top notch!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast