autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Mike Phillips

Re: Stars, Stripes & Storewide Savings! 15% Off No Exclusions + Free Shipping Over $150

Excuse me for a moment while I knock the dust off my Moderator's hat...

I don't even like to play the part of Moderator but I've rarely seen a brand new member behave in such a hostile manner except this guy that joined our forum a few years ago from Wyoming and he did the same thing - that is he banned himself by his behavior on this forum.

Here's something I've been posting for years and here goes again...

People join forums for typically one of three reasons...

1. To ask questions and get help.

2. To answer questions and help others.

3. To cause problems.

Below I have used the multi-quote feature of vBulletin to compile your posts in just this single thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang View Post
    Come on, guys! I logged onto the site in the afternoon of the 2nd to see 7:30 left on this deal. I had someplace to be, so I rushed putting an order together to get in on the sale. Now, a few hours later I see the same exact deal extended? Thanks a lot for making me rush through my order.

Why can't you just be straight shooters and be honest and set the deal clock to the entire sales period instead of this infomercial style crap? When exactly did you put Ron Popeil in charge of marketing? I expected more from you and have learned my lesson. (If I wrote what I really feel, I'd get banned.)
    Oh, i don't know. Maybe because I wasn't notified of the sale by PM or email. It was plastered on Autogeek's homepage. Maybe because it is a low brow marketing technique that wasn't specifically targeted at me but rather at everyone who saw it on Autogeek's homepage. Did I write it ruined my day? No, I pointed out that a sales with deadline that isn't is a crappy way to do business.

As long as you cared enough to comment on my post, perhaps you could tell me if this is normal or do i have to jump on future deals before the clock ticks down to zero?
    8,996 posts on Autogeek? Are you the hall monitor?
    Since it was reset today with the same deal after counting to zero yesterday, it appears to be still meaningless and deceitful.
    It may not be a problem at Autogeek, but I'm pretty sure some forum member will have issues with your chosen channel of communication.
    One post complaining about a sale and several explaining my post to people who have problems with reading comprehension and math.
    I didn't feel tricked. I made it quite clear I was disappointed by Autogeek's deceit. Seriously, can't you read? I wrote that I was rushed for what turned out to be no reason. I didn't spend more than I intended nor did I buy stuff I don't need. As for learning about marketing to internally combat feeling cheated, I'll match my Marketing / Economics MBA with yours any day, Sigmund.

By the way, where did you develop your theory of a countdown timer making me spend money with emotional attachment? I guess you think parking meters engender emotial attachment to parking fees.
    What part of I didn't appreciate being BS'd flew 40,000 feet over your head? If you run a timed sales promotion on your home page accessible to everyone and not just forum members, why should consumers need to join a forum and rack up a few hundred posts before they figure out the countdown timer isn't real?

I admit I love the passion, no matter how unquestioning, Autogeek has engendered in you fanboys. Elon Musk can learn a lot about marketing from Autogeek. The fact is, you drama queens took my legitimate complaint and fanned it into a small forest fire repeatedly accusing me of things I didn't write or even think. Then Nick comes along and instead of just writing, "We decided to extend the sale at the last minute," or "That was a technical glitch, we normally don't do that," I'm told I posted in the wrong sub form. Great way to put out the spark that your forum members/arsonists decided to throw a little gasoline on. Nick, do you actually want me to repost my complaint in the other sub forum? Really?

Exactly just how many of you forum members are authorized agents of Autogeek and are empowered to speak for the company anyway?
    Here we go again. I did contact Nick on his very own thread about this very sale. I never wrote I ordered too much, too little or the wrong stuff because of the impending end of the sale, did I? Did I write I wanted to change my order or that I wanted a refund? No. Where did I demand that Autogeek tailor their sales to my exact specifications? Nowhere. I wrote exactly what I meant in simple language that should be understandable to anyone who got through third grade. You guys blew it up and you know what? You're not going to make me the bad guy no matter how pervasive your ignorance If I was Nick, I'd be screaming, "Get off my side!"
    EVERYTHING I POSTED ON THIS THREAD SUBSEQUENT TO NICK'S COMMENT WAS IN RESPONSE TO A DISPARAGING COMMENT ABOUT ME MADE BY SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T WORK FOR AUTOGEEK.

What is wrong with you guys? Go ahead and post something else about me and keep this thread going. You obviously don't care about what Nick wants, do you?

What part of, "If you have a question, concern or comment, please utilize the PM feature...." applies just to me and not you? Is it OK for forum members to attack the new guy and the new guy has to take whatever crap is thrown at him without responding? I think not.

By the way, the PM feature is bidirectional. Nick chose to communicate with me via this thread. Maybe he should have PM'd me and asked me to take this off the sub forum and not get the drama queens more excited. But he didn't.
    The very idea that you think my comment was not addressed you (and everybody else who slammed me) illustrates the problem. Somehow, you believe post count makes you better and you're entitled to speak on behalf of Autogeek. What am I after at this point? Gee, maybe I just decided not to take this condesending passive aggressive nonsense any longer.

Like I wrote earlier, I'm only posting in response to derogatory comments about me.
    Now, this has become a straight up insult.

Nick posted that on the 3rd at 11:19AM. Sure enough, it's the 4th and the sale is back on with a reset countdown timer. You flat out stated the sale ended yesterday. Unbelievable.

The above is just in this thread. When I read through your total posting history it's simply more of the same hostile and demeaning attitude towards our forum members.

Here's the link to our forum rules,

Forum Rules

Here's the rules your broke....

3. You are welcome to disagree but you must be polite.

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all, this also includes talking to others in a demeaning manner.

12. Continuously breaking the rules to disrupt the online community will result in you being banned from the forum.

15. No personal attacks toward members or non-members will be tolerated.

After discussing your posts to our forum with management it was decided that you joined this forum for reason 3 I listed above.

3. To cause problems.

Now under your name it correctly states,

SELF BANNED

We don't want and we don't need people acting like you on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stars, Stripes & Storewide Savings! 15% Off No Exclusions + Free Shipping Over $150

I was the first person to respond to him and point out that the first post he put on this thread was his second post total in his short autogeek forum career. I couldn't even beleive his response to me when I said that he needs to pm or email with his problems. That opened up a can of worms. Wasn't trying to take anything away from this thread but I had to say something to him

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Sale is over, and what needed to be addressed is all taken care of.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567